KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

$15 got added as soon as my order shipped.  The points would expire in 14 days as promised.  I placed a second $75 order right after $15 was in my account.  I stopped there and did not test if $30 was hard limit. ;)

When was your order?  I think I inadvertently took advantage of this when buying garage storage cabinets the other day.

1 minute ago, zskid00 said:

I placed an order on Tuesday and it showed the bonus $15 during checkout and then applied them to my account as soon as the order was marked as shipped.

That's what I wondered.  $15 isn't showing up for me now, so I just wondered if I no longer qualified.

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

When was your order?  I think I inadvertently took advantage of this when buying garage storage cabinets the other day.

That's what I wondered.  $15 isn't showing up for me now, so I just wondered if I no longer qualified.

1st order on Monday and 2nd on Tuesday.  Confirmed the promo no longer shows up in my cart

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, pcaster said:

Anyone else have the well run dry?  It's been weeks since I got a points back coupon and a month since any significant surprise points.

Kmart is making it rain, at least for me.  I keep getting $6-$8 in surprise points on $30-$35 purchase.  I've been loading up on mystery machines and planes

1 minute ago, lazuli16 said:

Kmart is making it rain, at least for me.  I keep getting $6-$8 in surprise points on $30-$35 purchase.  I've been loading up on mystery machines and planes

Let's get our terminology straight. There is no "Get surprise points on a purchase":

- Surprise points are points given to you by KMart for no apparent reason (unless it's your birthday). They just "magically" appear from time to time.

- Bonus points offers are special offers which are sometimes announced, and sometimes totally surprising, and come in the form of extra points (on top of the 1% standard points) granted after you make a purchase. This includes "get $x back in points on a $y purchase" coupons.

Right now there is a promotion running where you get 10% back in points (I believe), which are bonus points. That might be part of the points you're getting back.

Let's get our terminology straight. There is no "Get surprise points on a purchase":

- Surprise points are points given to you by KMart for no apparent reason (unless it's your birthday). They just "magically" appear from time to time.

- Bonus points offers are special offers which are sometimes announced, and sometimes totally surprising, and come in the form of extra points (on top of the 1% standard points) granted after you make a purchase. This includes "get $x back in points on a $y purchase" coupons.

Right now there is a promotion running where you get 10% back in points (I believe), which are bonus points. That might be part of the points you're getting back.

I think he meant Surprise Points to use on a $35 purchase.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Looks like a Sears one to me.  Try adding a Washer & Dryer to your cart.

still not work... can't find any clue from the term

You have $30 in surprise points (30,000 points) to redeem on your purchase of $120 or more (grocery and other exclusions apply).

These points are valid through 07/28/16.

Shop Your Way points granted in this offer that are not redeemed on or before their expiration date will expire on that date. Use and redemption of Shop Your Way points are subject to full Shop Your Way Terms and Conditions that are available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Points can be applied at checkout upon purchase of qualifying item(s) meeting any specified purchase requirements. Limit one offer per transaction. Offer points cannot be combined with associate discount for any in-store purchase. Offer points cannot be used on Food, Household Cleaning, Beauty and Health Care, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Office and School Supplies, Batteries, Party Supplies sold in the Greeting Card department, Books and Magazines, Prescriptions, Pharmacy, Alcohol and Tobacco items. Excludes Lands’ End, Sears Hometown, Outlet, Appliance Showroom and Hardware stores. Excludes mygofer.com, landsend.com and Lands' End stores. Offer points cannot be combined with coupons. Excludes clearance items. Purchase requirement calculated before taxes and after other discounts have been applied and must be made in a single transaction. If you have multiple eligible offers on an item or transaction, the most valuable offer will be automatically applied. Offers cannot be combined with other points offers or discounts unless otherwise stated. Offer is not transferable. Offer points cannot be combined with coupons. Excludes clearance items

You have $30 in surprise points (30,000 points) to redeem on your purchase of $120 or more (grocery and other exclusions apply).

These points are valid through 07/28/16.

Shop Your Way points granted in this offer that are not redeemed on or before their expiration date will expire on that date. Use and redemption of Shop Your Way points are subject to full Shop Your Way Terms and Conditions that are available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Points can be applied at checkout upon purchase of qualifying item(s) meeting any specified purchase requirements. Limit one offer per transaction. Offer points cannot be combined with associate discount for any in-store purchase. Offer points cannot be used on Food, Household Cleaning, Beauty and Health Care, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Office and School Supplies, Batteries, Party Supplies sold in the Greeting Card department, Books and Magazines, Prescriptions, Pharmacy, Alcohol and Tobacco items. Excludes Lands’ End, Sears Hometown, Outlet, Appliance Showroom and Hardware stores. Excludes mygofer.com, landsend.com and Lands' End stores. Offer points cannot be combined with coupons. Excludes clearance items. Purchase requirement calculated before taxes and after other discounts have been applied and must be made in a single transaction. If you have multiple eligible offers on an item or transaction, the most valuable offer will be automatically applied. Offers cannot be combined with other points offers or discounts unless otherwise stated. Offer is not transferable. Offer points cannot be combined with coupons. Excludes clearance items

Surprise!
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, nloneknight said:

Call SYWR at 1-800-991-8708. So far they've always come through for me in fixing my issues. They might just give you the points outright (and that would remove the 7/28 limitation, though with KMart's current status I would not sit on my points for more than a day or so :) ).

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Spidey bridge delivered!! All four seals blown out total pancake. I mean I expected it with the ghost rider sets but a $99.99 set gets no packing material in a box to small for it. When,oh when will Sears /Kmart learn how to ship??? Oh well .. that will be another $20-$25 refunded points at least. Found its just easier to call, :morpheus:get a crap load of points back (which they always seem very happy to do) than it is to take it all the way to childcare.  i mean Kmart. 

Edited by Martae54

2 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Has anyone had success using the "spend $15 in points and earn $10 back in points" on an online purchase?  I want to use one of these but it doesn't show the points before checkout and I want to make sure that I will have success if I contact the SYW people.

I can only respond anecdotaly: I just bought something from KMart.com and didn't see any point rewards in my cart (It said "You will earn 0 points with this purchase"). Only once I clicked through the checkout screens did the points start showing up (1500 points on a net $5 purchase :) ), just before I placed my order.

• Like 1