KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Has anyone had success using the "spend $15 in points and earn $10 back in points" on an online purchase?  I want to use one of these but it doesn't show the points before checkout and I want to make sure that I will have success if I contact the SYW people.

I couldnt get it either. Used mine in store. If you're not near a KMart  Might be best to do a phone order with it IMO. 

They sure did a BIG price change overnight. Got 60050 on sale last nite for  $47 before all those points. It's back to $64.99 today.  All scooby line went back to full price(or higher). Is it more widespread than that?

No worries, they'll all switch back to regular and sale prices within the next couple days. A major reset to retail prices for a day or two isn't uncommon.
  • Like 1

I’m not well versed in the Shop Your Way Rewards, but quick question for some of the SYW pros out there:

I have some points saved up, some of the points expire after 7 days, some points after 30 days and other points longer than that…

So, my question is, if I purchase something and do not use all of the points available, does SYW deduct the “expire in 7 day and 30 day” points first? Leaving me with the points that expire later?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

I’m not well versed in the Shop Your Way Rewards, but quick question for some of the SYW pros out there:

I have some points saved up, some of the points expire after 7 days, some points after 30 days and other points longer than that…

So, my question is, if I purchase something and do not use all of the points available, does SYW deduct the “expire in 7 day and 30 day” points first? Leaving me with the points that expire later?

Thanks!

That's the way it works. Their normal promo is spend $50 and get $10 back in points that expires in 7 days. If you don't use those points by the 8th day at 12am CST they will disappear from your account and then it will show the next set of points that are going to expire and the daty they will expire. You can see your points history at shopyourway.com.

If you are new to the game try combining your points with surprise points and coupons. Some coupons can stack. They aren't as good as they use to be but still good.

• Like 2

Thanks!

Yes, just use the amount of points that expire first, or use whatever you want. The oldest (nearest to expiration) points will be used first.

Stores here have signs out for 30% off clearance toys, but everything is scanning 0% off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, just use the amount of points that expire first, or use whatever you want. The oldest (nearest to expiration) points will be used first.

11 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

That's the way it works. Their normal promo is spend $50 and get $10 back in points that expires in 7 days. If you don't use those points by the 8th day at 12am CST they will disappear from your account and then it will show the next set of points that are going to expire and the daty they will expire. You can see your points history at shopyourway.com.

If you are new to the game try combining your points with surprise points and coupons. Some coupons can stack. They aren't as good as they use to be but still good.

Bought some tires online from Sears and used all kinds of promos/coupons/surprise points/etc and received more points than I am used to with three or four different expiration dates. Thanks for the help and clarification!

14 hours ago, TacoCat said:

Received another Mystery Machine today from Kmart. Shipped in a bag... Again... Needless to say it's pretty jacked up.

I'm all about taking advantage of this sinking ship and the SYW program, but in the process you really start to see why they are struggling so much.

I'm at a point now where I'm primarily shopping from Kmart only when it's for myself or I'm going to open the box anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much you guys have been buying recently, but KMart has been running this promo where you get a $1 back in points for each LEGO purchase.  When you checkout, you don't see the bonus points for each item, but you will receive them later.  I've been receiving an extra $1 in points periodically throughout the days following purchases.  It's just funny to see them trickle in.

Has anyone placed a order over $60 on Kmart and received the extra points. I don't know what kind of math they are doing, but I get $24 back in points on a $60 purchase.  I looked at the point detail and I gave up trying to do the math.

delete2.PNGdelete.PNG

Edited by lazuli16
Added pictures

2 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Has anyone placed a order over $60 on Kmart and received the extra points. I don't know what kind of math they are doing, but I get $24 back in points on a $60 purchase.  I looked at the point detail and I gave up trying to do the math.

I received $10 bonus points at least twice in the past week for $70 and over, it could be stacking with something else.

I had an interesting find at Kmart online today. I bought two sets, and the garbage bags that @exciter1 mentioned in the daily deals. I got my cart loaded up, and I was getting $38 back in points. I had a bunch to use, and I always play w/ how many points I redeem to make sure that I get my best bang for the buck on points back (many points back deals are for out of pocket money). I found my sweet spot with $38 points back on my total purchase. Then I headed over to Raise to nab a 7% off gift card for the payment, to sweeten the deal further. 

When I applied the gift card, my points back went from $38 to about $2. My points back was affected by gift card use? That's a new one to me.....in MANY past purchases, gift cards count as out of pocket money, and don't affect points back. Anyone else seen this? 

Of course it's YMMV but it seems that Lego sets are counting the MSRP (or Kmart MSRP) for points back deals.

Example - Passenger Train is $103.93 (>30%off) and bonus points include $15 in points for a $120 purchase.  But Passenger Train at $104 with $23 back in points is a great deal.

Other good deals:

Cargo Train (so so) and City Square at 135-138
Train Station at $45
Changing seasons at $37 (always under $40 at Kmart)
Corner Deli at $28
Deep Sea Sub at $29
Mystery Machine at $23
Garbage Truck at $13
and so on

I saw some of the friends sets at 25% off in stores and the Hot Air Balloon as well
Prison Island was down to $63 in store, so that's 30% off before magic.

Edited by redghostx
No edit, but you don't get set numbers!
  • Like 4

You are right @redghostx. I'm eyeing the passenger train right now as well. I'm waiting for my first order to process the points, so I can use them again to buy the train. I like the Nabbo Starfighter at $39 right now as well. Even with no points involved, coupons got it down to $35 for me. If you are hunting coupons, you might want to consider tacking on the garbage bags that @exciter1 posted for 100% points back, to get some coupon mojo going. 

• Like 1