KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

SYWE question: have they nerfed all of the bonus deals they used to have for affiliates($15 in points on a $30 purchase, etc....)?  I have not seen one in a month or so now.  Was denied almost $100 in points for various deals over the last 2 months.

Last Fount deal ended 8/20. ShopYourWayEverywhere got nixed (now gets you straight to SYW.com) and hasn't had a bonus offer in 2 months. I too have been denied points, to the point that my purchases don't even register anymore and I have to contact them every time and fight for my points, which I'm afraid will only lead to an account flag in due time, so I've been careful. My last hotel stay should have given me 4% in points, none of which have posted, and they tell me I need to wait 45 days _AFTER_ completion of the stay before the points will come through (if they do at all).

Sounds like they are just trying to close the whole thing down without actually announcing it as such.

On a related note, the original Win What You Want sweeps on syw.com is closing down on 9/18, according to the page itself. Not that I still played it, it very rarely paid out, and when it did (once every week tops) it would be 50 points.

Seems like they are killing most free points - I have not had any games pay out more than 50 points per win almost all summer.

In regards to fighting for points I gave, 3 purchases they said the merchant reported there were no points earned or the purchase was not eligible and when I contacted the merchant they said there were no issues with my purchases and the transaction was verified to SYW.  Went back and forth with different people from SYW and received different responses from each person I spoke with.  Also on raise they are adding more exceptions to that merchant and applying those restrictions to previous purchases...

6 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Seems like they are killing most free points - I have not had any games pay out more than 50 points per win almost all summer.

Well, the Bonus game just paid out $2 on Win It for me a minute ago. So rumors of sweeps' demise might be premature.

The coupons and surprise points I've had have mostly been terrible all summer, tho. Only 1 $15 off $15 surprise offer after changing my email and a $10 off $30 online only code. The best of the rest were more like $15 back on $60 or $75.

Edited by mizeur

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Last Fount deal ended 8/20. ShopYourWayEverywhere got nixed (now gets you straight to SYW.com) and hasn't had a bonus offer in 2 months. I too have been denied points, to the point that my purchases don't even register anymore and I have to contact them every time and fight for my points, which I'm afraid will only lead to an account flag in due time, so I've been careful. My last hotel stay should have given me 4% in points, none of which have posted, and they tell me I need to wait 45 days _AFTER_ completion of the stay before the points will come through (if they do at all).

Sounds like they are just trying to close the whole thing down without actually announcing it as such.

On a related note, the original Win What You Want sweeps on syw.com is closing down on 9/18, according to the page itself. Not that I still played it, it very rarely paid out, and when it did (once every week tops) it would be 50 points.

Following...

22 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The best deals are still happening, but they're silently happening in the KMart/SYW thread. Ever since Fast Eddie loaned himself another $200M, he's been handing out weekly free LEGO sets to all who want to take the effort of collecting them. It's insane.

They continue to cut back on the ways to obtain points to achieve free LEGO, and make it harder to get the points you have actually earned within their terms... what black magic is being done to continue to obtain freebies?

• Like 1

The bonus points offers are dwindling, but the Sweeps are strong for me. I'm racking in $10-$15 a week at a minimum. They've increased the frequency of the Bonus sweeps, with $1, $2, $3, $4 and $5 sweeps happening several times a day, 7 days a week, both in XTRA as well as in the Win It! app. I'm not winning those very often, but still, all put together, my average daily winnings per account are in the $1-$2 range, enough to get me a free 20% discounted $20 set once per week, or if I save up some points, multiple sets (or more expensive sets) once every two weeks, where I combine my Sweeps points with coupons ($5 off $35, $5 off $20, $10 off $25 or $7 off $35, depending on what they are willing to give me  - granted, the better ones are very rare for me, $5 off $35 is the best I can typically do). I think (I don't have my inventory sheet with me) I have collected over $2.5k MSRP in sets the last 6 months, and I spent maybe $250 out of pocket.

• Like 3

Just now, Martae54 said:

Hmm no problems here. just took a $3 hourly spin. I AM seeing only 4 spins for WW.

did not win the $3 spin either....they are really hating on me this past month =(     And I play them all daily ! Maybe I should sign my wife up and see what happens ??

Just now, Fleck said:

did not win the $3 spin either....they are really hating on me this past month =(     And I play them all daily ! Maybe I should sign my wife up and see what happens ??

I take it all back...just won 5 cents on the win it app bonus spin..... I am just bursting with joy !!!

Four spins on Www but also bonus spins for sharing (you don't have to) and the code PlyW1nIt . I'm holding off until later when maybe it will actually pay out some.

I've been doing fairly well on sweeps, about $15/wk I like to combine it with the sweeps weekly $10/50 surprise points and send about $10-15 in cash to get a few things.

My wife ? has been playing for a couple weeks now and done a bit better, also got a $10/30 surprise points and her new account got free sywmax for six months or something.