KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Whatever they did in the last couple months to their back-end system really screwed up redeeming points and coupons. First it was the problem with getting the FREECASH points to trigger.

Then I had problems getting the $5 back points to load into my account.

And now I had a Catalina coupon for points back that didn't load to my account, couldn't be redeemed in-store, and customer service doesn't want to honor.

Wow..................

What happened to the good old Wild Win Wednesdays !!!

All 4 spins gave me a generous gift of a nickle each !! Now I just have to figure out what to spend my $$$$ .20 cent on ???

wow.jpg.ec5c523a0a96d66e440fef41fea08ffc.jpg

5x50, 1x100 and as always 1x0 for me. Make sure you do the bonus spins. This week's code is PlyW1nIt.

Today was likely one of the best non-bonus Sweep days ever for me ... over $3 in plain XTRA and normal Sweeps, all little amounts here and there.

• Like 1

It seems to me Kmart, Fount, Sears, SYWE, etc have done away with the weekly promos (and any good point promos for that matter) for the sake of better chances of winning on Sweeps and XTRA. I can only speak for myself and my wife's accounts but we're averaging $3-$5 points a day the past 2 months or so. I don't even try to earn points any other way anymore. Just sponging off this sinking ship until it hits bottom.

Code LEGO5 gives $5 off select LEGO toys from 10/15 to 11/11 according to the KMart Toy Book. Supposedly only the toys listed in the book, and then again only those in the $24.99-$39.99 range, but likely YMMV knowing SYW ....

Oh, almost forgot: you get a free polybag (jungle ATV or Gymnastics Bar) with each LEGO purchase (of $19.99 or more) during the same time as well. I assume this is instore only, and I assume nobody in store will know what you're talking about, but then again ....

• Like 5

I come to you with a story of sorrow and elation. I was saving up for what was supposed to be my most epic 14-day Sweeps points total ever. $48.69 in points, all from Sweeps. $4.77 expiring today. Pushed for one more $1 bonus Sweep at 8pm EST, didn't get it. Noticed that the points total in the Win It! App had suddenly dropped to $43.92. Panic. Ran upstairs to the computer on which I had a shopping cart with $10 off $50 coupon standing ready. Still showed $48.69. Raced through the check-out screens. Lo-and-behold, I managed to check out and now have $0.00 in points and paid $1.39 for a $59.99 MSRP set (Christmas gift for my daughter).

KMart Order confirmation screen surprisingly showed 3 coupons (hasn't done that for me in months). One of them a $3 off $30 coupon which I thought was useful. Clicked on the "Print" button which gave me an empty 2 page document. When I returned to the page it, I was greeted with a "this page has expired" screen. A reload resulted in a screen without coupons. No coupons attached to the emailed order confirmation. Sadness ...... 

Main lesson for all of you: Don't push your expiring points to the last minute on the day they expire. SYW giveth and SYW taketh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It has come to my attention that the SYW Superstore concept rumored earlier is actually happening.

I was sent photos from a reliable source which depicted multiple people from SHC corporate breaking the news to a Kmart somewhere in FL. Apparently the transition will begin in the coming weeks.

From what I've heard, this concept may have some promise. Supposedly combining the strong departments from sears (appliances, tools, paint, hardware etc) with a smaller Kmart, fresh market, and rent-able space for local entrepreneurs.

How this will turn out remains to be seen. Stay tuned.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Phil B said:

Oh, almost forgot: you get a free polybag (jungle ATV or Gymnastics Bar) with each LEGO purchase (of $19.99 or more) during the same time as well. I assume this is instore only, and I assume nobody in store will know what you're talking about, but then again ....

Glad to see they're bringing back polybags, note that most stores will only get one or the other, so it's probably going to be up to chance if my store gets the good one (imo, the jungle ATV).

This promo also should work on clearance and stack with SYW witchcraft, so that could be a nice little bonus :)

Lastly, text "mystore" to 56278 for a $10 off $40 FREECASH offer (in store only).

• Like 2

Anyone else have issues with Sweeps points today? I'm not seeing any points being credited for spins I did 5hrs ago. On one account some have trickled through, on another nothing has shown up yet. I have had a few point awards come through very late in the day recently, but never like this where all of my winnings are somehow delayed. It's not just the points that are not being credited, also the emails accompanying my spins are not there.

Unless of course my accounts are being "validated" as per the disclaimer on all the points winnings. Hence the question.

42 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Anyone else have issues with Sweeps points today? I'm not seeing any points being credited for spins I did 5hrs ago. On one account some have trickled through, on another nothing has shown up yet. I have had a few point awards come through very late in the day recently, but never like this where all of my winnings are somehow delayed. It's not just the points that are not being credited, also the emails accompanying my spins are not there.

Unless of course my accounts are being "validated" as per the disclaimer on all the points winnings. Hence the question.

Yeah, I didn't get any.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

UPDATE: Points just posted en masse to my account at 2pm EST, 7hrs after earning them. They must have fixed the issue that was causing them to queue up ....

21 hours ago, Phil B said:

I come to you with a story of sorrow and elation. I was saving up for what was supposed to be my most epic 14-day Sweeps points total ever. $48.69 in points, all from Sweeps.

Just had a similar result this week, $49.30! Paired that with a $10 in surprise points on a $50 order to get a Creator Villa for $11.36 oop. Now I've got all three of the new Creator houses.

I saw on on Win Club facebook group (ugh what a whiny nightmare that place is) that some backend thing backed up delivery for like 18 hours of some wins.

• Like 1

Check your points totals - I just got credited for a whole load of missing bonus offers going back as far as August. Maybe they found a locked queue somewhere and made it flow through the system? Not complaining :)  ... Oh, and I met all the Platinum VIP criteria (transactions never an issue, $ spent is difficult for me with all my (almost) free purchases), just waiting for the official recognition now.

• Like 1

Check your points totals - I just got credited for a whole load of missing bonus offers going back as far as August. Maybe they found a locked queue somewhere and made it flow through the system? Not complaining   ... Oh, and I met all the Platinum VIP criteria (transactions never an issue, $ spent is difficult for me with all my (almost) free purchases), just waiting for the official recognition now.

Nothing here, you must be spacial.

I've got a Kmart that was recently announced will be closing. Closing sale starts Thursday and was planning on taking a look. Assuming sales start at 30%, just curious what sets I should be looking for. Any general tips or feedback regarding shopping this type of sale would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

7 hours ago, ichiroll said:

I've got a Kmart that was recently announced will be closing. Closing sale starts Thursday and was planning on taking a look. Assuming sales start at 30%, just curious what sets I should be looking for. Any general tips or feedback regarding shopping this type of sale would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

My local Kmart is in week 6 or 7 of cIosing sale. I want to say the first I went in (they were still tagging everything up 10% over RRP) but the signs said like 20 or 25% off at first. A few weeks at that and then 30% on toys for a few and now I've gone in for the first time since September yesterday and it was 40% off toys, 50% off clearance toys. Stuff had been quite picked over, but I got a Battle on Takodana for $32.50 (half off the "clearance price of $65") and the new City Bus for $33 or so, but they still take points and surprise points, so I made out for $50 including tax for both sets. Not a screaming deal, but half off for a brand new set is pretty good. When it was still at 30% I noticed a buildup of clearance inventory from other stores, but they retag it with a higher price. I recommend checking around every week or so, or even calling to see what the discount on toys is.