KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, purplepigeon said:

Ive played this for two weeks and have yet to win anything or points.. idk how you guys are so successful at it. I would play for 30 minutes at a time for sweeps

It's very streaky. This week I won 2 of the $5 bonus games. It'd been a couple months since that happened.

I'll usually spend less time on the app when it's not paying out regularly. The hourly return is bad enough when it is paying out.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat... Today I played ~20 games to win 15 cents!?!?  It's rough.  Kmart.com is no longer freelego.com (at least for me) as none of the promos work for me anymore, let alone stack.  I get lots of good coupons and nothing applies- and it's not worth the time on the phone.  I spent over $5k on Kmart.com last tear, this year under $500.   Kmart in-store is still great because of stacking and clearance sales, albiet at half the stores I had a year ago.  And I stil have hope for that nearly 30% off B&N GC's promo to roll around again. (sorry for the rant! I'll go find a few Dragon Sanctuary's tomorrow and sing KM's praises)

1 hour ago, FM said:

I'm in the same boat... Today I played ~20 games to win 15 cents!?!?  It's rough.  Kmart.com is no longer freelego.com (at least for me) as none of the promos work for me anymore, let alone stack.  I get lots of good coupons and nothing applies- and it's not worth the time on the phone.  I spent over $5k on Kmart.com last tear, this year under $500.   Kmart in-store is still great because of stacking and clearance sales, albiet at half the stores I had a year ago.  And I stil have hope for that nearly 30% off B&N GC's promo to roll around again. (sorry for the rant! I'll go find a few Dragon Sanctuary's tomorrow and sing KM's praises)

Such heresy will not be tolerated! If it wasn't for your last statement of repent I would be forced to inform our lord and savior fast eddie the wise!

I don't know about y'all, but I'm still doing fine with SYW. I get decent surprise points and coupons, sale prices are great, and the bonus point coupons keep me in the game. Just ordered x5 Rey's Speeder for $33 OOP with $16 back.(will have to contact SYW for the last $6, as my 15% coupon vanished)

Literally no 'deals' are working online for me... I have a Spend $20 on apparel, get $10 in freecash.  I put items in my cart and the freecash simply doesn't appear.  I have a "20% off A Toys Purchase Valid Starting Tomorrow" coupon that literally applies to no items.  It's like I got the boot without the breakup letter.  Kmart.com used to be my primary source.  Am I missing something?   I used to run 2-3 buys each week through the site, but since April, nada.

2 minutes ago, FM said:

Literally no 'deals' are working online for me... I have a Spend $20 on apparel, get $10 in freecash.  I put items in my cart and the freecash simply doesn't appear.  I have a "20% off A Toys Purchase Valid Starting Tomorrow" coupon that literally applies to no items.  It's like I got the boot without the breakup letter.  Kmart.com used to be my primary source.  Am I missing something?   I used to run 2-3 buys each week through the site, but since April, nada.

Use the customer service chat. They're usually helpful.

For the "20% off" is it a catalina coupon that printed off during an in-store purchase? The chat agents might be less helpful with that. Call the KMart store hotline or go to the customer service desk at a store.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mizeur said:

Use the customer service chat. They're usually helpful.

For the "20% off" is it a catalina coupon that printed off during an in-store purchase? The chat agents might be less helpful with that. Call the KMart store hotline or go to the customer service desk at a store.

Thanks, calling SYW is the norm for me (my wife) these days.  Last go-round, we got a Passenger Plane (~$35) with a shipping label directly on the box.  We called to exchange it, but It was out of stock so somehow my wife got SYW to apply the same discount to a Passenger Train (net cost ~$55).  And we kept the Plane.  And I eventually found one in stock at a store and exchanged the garbage box for a VG one.  $250 RRP for under $100... but it's always a chore.

The 20% off toys coupon- I got it as a non-Catalina coupon from the receipt printer.  And it's loaded to my account and it has a unique 16-digit code.  But it won't apply to any purchase.  I checked hot buys, etc.  It COULD be a dynamite coupon if it would apply, let anone stack.  I'm going to Kmart to try it in-store.

20% off A Toys Purchase Valid Starting Tomorrow.

Nov.23, 2017 - Dec.6, 2017
Excludes Clearance Items. Excludes Items not Sold in Toys Department. Valid In-Store and Online.
Member offers: Valid for original member only; Use of this coupon constitutes your acceptance of the SYW terms and conditions available at www.shopyourway.com/terms; Points earned from this coupon redemption must be used within 90 days unless otherwise stated; All offers: Redemption limited to either digital or in-store printed version of this coupon. Cannot combine with other coupon for same item(s) and cannot double. Limit (1) per transaction. Requirement before taxes and after discounts. Void if transferred, copied, obtained via unapproved means or where prohibited. Other use constitutes fraud. Coupon value pro-rated across all qualifying items; including qualifying items purchased in addition to minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted from any refund. Not valid on clearance; hot buys; deal flash; non-merchandise; concessions; gift card; federal or state regulated items; alcohol; tobacco; fuel; items behind pharmacy counter; prescriptions; prior & online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Lands? End; Scrubology; Sears merchandise. Cash value 1/20 cent; Valid in US and Puerto Rico.

12 hours ago, Phil B said:

In typical fashion, whatever is left on clearance at my KMart has now gone back to 40% off. Because it was selling so well at 50% I guess...

2 stores were at 50% on Saturday. A 3rd was at 60% off today. None of them had much tagged for clearance, as has been the case all along near me.

Did get an Ender Dragon for 60% off before points plus a couple more off-roaders to hit the $10 back threshold.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mizeur said:

2 stores were at 50% on Saturday. A 3rd was at 60% off today. None of them had much tagged for clearance, as has been the case all along near me.

Did get an Ender Dragon for 60% off before points plus a couple more off-roaders to hit the $10 back threshold.

Went to another KMart which remained at 50% off. Picked up 2x 70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile for $22 each before points (63% off) thanks to a $10 FC on $50 offer I had on my account.

• Like 1

Minimal 60% off signage at the stores near me. Even less in the way of anything stickered for clearance/price reduction.

And finally found a store that wouldn't do a price adjustment to the app/website on the horse vet trailers. CSR chat was useless and had to call customer service, the best they managed was crediting $15 in points instead of the $16 total difference in price. But it beats having to drive back to another store to have them sort it out.

Just putting this out there ......

5a39be266f71d_Screenshotfrom2017-12-1920-30-58.thumb.png.e50e0898b8df2a1254fa02534c65d024.png

(Fine print: $50 back on purchase of a Christmas tree, max 2 per member. This tree is currently 50% off. Used a 25% off in the Christmas Shop coupon to bring pre-tax total down to $37.50, earned $100 in points).

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Nice work, @Phil B.  So now do I purchase for nothing other than points?  Thanks for the tip.

Side note - After sitting on the KMT sidelines for some time (all of mine nearby closed this year), I made a few online purchases this month.  Received one order twice - same point of origin, same UPS tracking number, same everything.  Sent on same day, arrived at my house together.

2 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Nice work, @Phil B.  So now do I purchase for nothing other than points?  Thanks for the tip.

Side note - After sitting on the KMT sidelines for some time (all of mine nearby closed this year), I made a few online purchases this month.  Received one order twice - same point of origin, same UPS tracking number, same everything.  Sent on same day, arrived at my house together.

Going to dump mine on Craigslist/OfferUp I think. $25 per tree, maybe break even on the purchase cost after haggling. Even if I have to sell them for $10 each, I'm basically up $80+

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Did you also pay with GC?  Just wondering if KMT math is wonky or something else is at play - order should have been around $15 not $5?

Yep, there's a discount GC in there somewhere. Summary skips that.

7 minutes ago, legolegolego2014 said:

what is the coupon code? 

Got coupon from the register during a previous purchase - says "25% off in the Christmas Shop. Valid until Christmas Eve". 

If you keep your OoP total over $30 you get another $5 in points.