KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I'll check when I swing by there, maybe this week.  I'm worried about TRU too, they haven't stocked hardly anything.

Saw new Friends, City and Technic at my TRU, so even if it is not the full catalog, they have some 2018 stuff in. KMart’s online catalog is down to ~280 skus, and almost half of it is unorderable.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Saw new Friends, City and Technic at my TRU, so even if it is not the full catalog, they have some 2018 stuff in. KMart’s online catalog is down to ~280 skus, and almost half of it is unorderable.

A few of the 2018 sets popped online at Kmart.com 1 or 2 days ago, but they appear to be gone now. The retail stores seem to be resetting so I'm sure we'll see the new sets in a week or two.

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Did anyone get their 100% SmartSense points credited yet? Made an online and an in-store purchase and none of them have given the promo (though the online one at least promised them). They also don’t show as pending ....

BTW no new LEGO at my KMart.....

Yes, received mine yesterday morning.

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Did anyone get their 100% SmartSense points credited yet? Made an online and an in-store purchase and none of them have given the promo (though the online one at least promised them). They also don’t show as pending ....

BTW no new LEGO at my KMart.....

I received mine...but I only did an online order with shipping (no pickup).

Wish I had a killer coupon to giveaway for a KMT trivia question...but since they don't give those away any more I'll just provide the question & answer...

Where is the most successful KMT location, it's even open 24 hours?

Answer:  Google these coordinates 13.4443° N, 144.7937° E

Not exactly the answer I expected.  Came across this tidbit when looking at the WSJ home page a bit ago.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, trstnkn said:

Wish I had a killer coupon to giveaway for a KMT trivia question...but since they don't give those away any more I'll just provide the question & answer...

Where is the most successful KMT location, it's even open 24 hours?

Answer:  Google these coordinates 13.4443° N, 144.7937° E

Not exactly the answer I expected.  Came across this tidbit when looking at the WSJ home page a bit ago.

It's the Guam location isn't it. Helluva store.

30 minutes ago, river41 said:

does anybody else find it annoying that they always ask at checkout if you want to donate to charity.

You have a hard enough time getting customers,don't annoy the ones you already have by making them uncomfortable 

What irks me the most about the donating to charity thing is that Goodwill asks if you want to "round up to support job training". I always want to say that I'm already donating to them by shopping there in the first place. I just say no or tell them that I already make charitable donations.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:16 PM, meganr said:

What irks me the most about the donating to charity thing is that Goodwill asks if you want to "round up to support job training". I always want to say that I'm already donating to them by shopping there in the first place. I just say no or tell them that I already make charitable donations.

You sound jealous of Goodwill's business model  :) ... $5.7B annual revenue and they've eliminated 3 of the biggest 4 expenses in retail: subsidised/free labor, zero cost of goods, and they pay no taxes.  Maybe I'm jaded since my local GW started sending all of the donated Lego out the "back door" and has disappeared from stores and shopgoodwill.com.

Edited by FM

Decent points back - online only, Sears - on select Mechanic's tool sets, hand tools, etc.  Spend $75 or more, receive $50.  And many of the items are already on sale.

Got the 118-pc Mechanic's Tool Set.  It was already on sale $40 off.  Plus I redeemed $4 in points.  Total cash outlay $81, but got $52 back in points.  

Not as good a deal as the Smart Sense 1:1, but if you need some tools it is not bad.  There are some really nice items at a deep discount but were only available for store pick-up, so you might get lucky.

• Like 2

Some stores have remodeled with a SYW Welcome Center. If you have one nearby they might be having an opening event with gift bags, gift card raffles, and a $10-20 FREECASH offer for use in-store at that location only.

ETA: the promotion probably ends today, check your FREECASH offers.

Edited by mizeur