KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

I also have 2 fake pine trees, and the following LEGO sets:

1x 70312 Lance's Mecha Horse - $4.75

2x 41119 Heartlake Cupcake Cafe - $31.99 each

4x 70330/70337 Nexo Knights figures - $2.50 each

1x 10826 Duplo Miles from Tomorrowland - $8.25

1x 60150 City Pizza Truck - $15.99

Total $102.97, $20 Freecash on $100, makes all the above just the cost of the 2 trees ($35 after coupons and discounted GC). $30 in points left :)

In other news (as you can see from the above): After jumping from 50% to 40% for the last 2 weeks, clearance at one of my KMarts was now 75%. Not a lot to choose from though. 

Also: Friends, City and Star Wars was priced at 20% off in store.

BTW: What is wrong with set 10826? 102 sellers on Amazon, Buy Box $22 for a retired Duplo set .... I thought Duplo was pure gold? Is this set too hoarded?

Edited by Phil B

25 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I also have 2 fake pine trees, and the following LEGO sets:

1x 70312 Lance's Mecha Horse - $4.75

2x 41119 Heartlake Cupcake Cafe - $31.99 each

4x 70330/70337 Nexo Knights figures - $2.50 each

1x 10826 Duplo Miles from Tomorrowland - $8.25

1x 60150 City Pizza Truck - $15.99

Total $102.97, $20 Freecash on $100, makes all the above just the cost of the 2 trees ($35 after coupons and discounted GC). $30 in points left :)

In other news (as you can see from the above): After jumping from 50% to 40% for the last 2 weeks, clearance at one of my KMarts was now 75%. Not a lot to choose from though. 

Also: Friends, City and Star Wars was priced at 20% off in store.

BTW: What is wrong with set 10826? 102 sellers on Amazon, Buy Box $22 for a retired Duplo set .... I thought Duplo was pure gold? Is this set too hoarded?

Probably a combination of being hoarded and overproduced relative to demand. Not a great IP. I passed on them when they hit clearance at B&N because there hadn't been appreciation.

• Like 1

It took a phone call and bad codes locking up my coupon capability, but my Christmas tree fun looks like this...

2 trees @ 39.99 = 79.98. 

20% discount gets it to $63.98.

Since the coupons weren't working last night the rep used my $48 in points and made up the difference (no sales tax:).

So I'm out of pocket $48 in points and get $117 back.  Net $69 + 2 Christmas trees that are on OfferUp for $25 and we have buyers for both (hopefully) coming to get them tomorrow.

My wife's buy was similar but she had to spend $47 in points and discounted GC, and she netted up $73 + 2 Christmas trees.

If the trees sell for $25@, that nets us $242 (100 cash + 142 in points).  Thanks Phil B!

And to tie it back to Lego, we had the last 10742 available in my cart to get us to $100 to use a $18/100 free cash offer, but it was gone by today, so they credited us an extra $20 in points.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 8:16 PM, Phil B said:

4 trees total. Spent $22 in points and $52 in cash to get them. Received $207 in points. Hoping to get $60 total for the trees. Bought $350 MSRP of LEGO for those points, with $30 left in points.
Net result: $8 cash (hopefully), $30 in points and $350 worth of LEGO.

Sold 1 for $20. Giving the other away as a gift. So I'm out about $20 cash for $107 in points while I figure out what to buy. Unfortunately clearance has been almost a total bust here.

• Like 1

Must be quiet at Sears today ... placed an order* at 3pm, and at 3:05pm I had a "your order is ready for pickup" notification on my cellphone :-). My order confirmation hadn't even come through yet in email.

Merry Christmas everyone!

*) I placed a FreeCash order just to check if my account survived the 2 rounds of purges that allegedly happened at SYW over the last 2 weeks (according to SD). Looks like I get to live still :) Lots of "multiple accounts at the same address" bans.

Edited by Phil B

Must be quiet at Sears today ... placed an order* at 3pm, and at 3:05pm I had a "your order is ready for pickup" notification on my cellphone :-). My order confirmation hadn't even come through yet in email.

*) I placed a FreeCash order just to check if my account survived the 2 rounds of purges that allegedly happened at SYW over the last 2 weeks (according to SD). Looks like I get to live still  Lots of "multiple accounts at the same address" bans.

Glad I only have one account.

Sears is depressing. I was in there the other day and it was a ghost town. I remember it being the busiest store at Christmas, shoulder to shoulder people.

47 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Glad I only have one account.

Sears is depressing. I was in there the other day and it was a ghost town. I remember it being the busiest store at Christmas, shoulder to shoulder people.

Absolutely the opposite at Kmart. Mine had 7 registers open at once and hundreds of people in the store. Busiest I've ever seen it. Haven't checked our sears.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

*) I placed a FreeCash order just to check if my account survived the 2 rounds of purges that allegedly happened at SYW over the last 2 weeks (according to SD). Looks like I get to live still :) Lots of "multiple accounts at the same address" bans.

The bans were issued to people who had 5 or more accounts under their name, so you should be fine with two. If you really want to be safe, change your secondary account to a family member (wife, mom, dad etc).

• Like 1

The bans were issued to people who had 5 or more accounts under their name, so you should be fine with two. If you really want to be safe, change your secondary account to a family member (wife, mom, dad etc).

Did that a few months ago. I also never pay with the same card on each of the accounts.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, squeakdigital00 said:

I saw that. I did ****** 5 boxes of straight plus 2 switch for about $8 from my first $105+20

I made the mistake in my first order to not split the transaction into a $100 purchase (to use the $20 off $100) and then a $20, $25 or $30 purchase to use a $3 off $20, $5 off $25 or $5 off $35 (depending on which one you have) to maximize those $105 in points, hope you remembered.