KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

Has fast Eddie clenched up his buttcheeks? Before the $5 Friday wins thing they promoted for a week... I was winning bonus and wild wins games a few times each day. Falling in between $50 and $60 every 2 weeks. I've played every one since Friday and I haven't won any of them. Went from winning pretty much every game to not winning a single one, all after that big Friday promotion.

Anyone else noticing the same?

I think you were just lucky. I typically win about 1 in every 10 bonus/1hr spins, and that hasn't changed. Regular spins seem to be paying out a little less for me the last few weeks (from $1.5-$2 per day to sub-$1 recently), but there have always been ups and downs.

I am still baffled about the sense of it all - I'm currently at $3.5k in sets for $329 out-of-pocket, and that excludes all the free socks, t-shirts, towels and pajamas i"ve bought too, plus that 12A reciprocating saw I got for $21 with $17 back in points.

Edit: and I didn't even include my Grand Emporium win in those numbers...

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Has fast Eddie clenched up his buttcheeks? Before the $5 Friday wins thing they promoted for a week... I was winning bonus and wild wins games a few times each day. Falling in between $50 and $60 every 2 weeks. I've played every one since Friday and I haven't won any of them. Went from winning pretty much every game to not winning a single one, all after that big Friday promotion.

Lucky you...I have not won any of those for months now =( And I still play them everyday =(  explain that one ??

On 11/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, brickvoyeur said:

Follow-up on this. After having piss-poor performance on my Sweeps the last few days, I did a little analysis. Looks like there was a sweeps promotion going on during the month of October, as the frequency of wins was higher on both accounts I use during that period. They might have just turned the odds back down. Looking at both accounts, there have always been stretches with small daily wins of $0.5-$1. 

Red line is number of wins per day (axis on the right), Blue columns are total win value per day (axis on the left).

My account:

59ff23c1cc7b4_yahoosywsweepspointsgraph.thumb.png.a850fba7731450f2de60ce90d020c551.png

My wife's account:

59ff23d3894e2_gmailsywsweepspointsgraph.thumb.png.2776bb9050c65e9803073e97ec6d1f65.png

All I did was take the last 3 months points history (somehow this worked today!) directly as a c&p from SYW, dump it into CSV via a text editor, then edit it with LibreOffice (or Excel) to clean it up a bit, apply Pivot Table, filter only on "SYW Sweeps Award" and turn that data into a Column&Line graph.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

I've been on a SYW hiatus as I needed to pare down inventory before moving.  Question... on the SYWeverywhere site where did the promotions go?  e.g. spend $50 on an affiliate site, receive $10 in points -or- 25% in points on a purchase up to $200

I was accumulating a lot of points through affiliate sites buying plane tickets and pet food.  The extra promotional points were great and ran almost weekly.

45 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

I've been on a SYW hiatus as I needed to pare down inventory before moving.  Question... on the SYWeverywhere site where did the promotions go?  e.g. spend $50 on an affiliate site, receive $10 in points -or- 25% in points on a purchase up to $200

I was accumulating a lot of points through affiliate sites buying plane tickets and pet food.  The extra promotional points were great and ran almost weekly.

Gone, as is the SYWEverywhere site (is now just a redirect to the normal SYW site). Also, Fount is dead (no more promos there).

• Like 1

Capture.thumb.PNG.0bfb87b37a6d475483bafa39907cacf8.PNG

Also, I was greeted yesterday evening with a banner that said the "Spend $100 in November, earn $15 for December" promo ended that day (11/13). As I needed just $5 to get there, I quickly placed an order just to be safe. Did anyone else see this, or, if you didn't qualify yet (will show up as pending points in your points history), could someone place $100+ worth of stuff in their cart to see if the $15 still shows up as cashback in cart?

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

Weird ?? Right... Not sure how this adds up with the current promo...must be another $5 for something ?? Changed the qty to 2 and it says i only get $16.12 CASHBACK ????

Your screenshot shows the $15 on $100 in purchases in Nov promo (the $15 credits in Dec). You would have to type in "cash" as a coupon code to see if the two offers stack.

37 minutes ago, AntimonyER said:

SO I added something over $100 and said I would get $36 in points (Dec $15 + $20 for over $100). But when I tried to add my current points to pay, it wouldn't update the balance or let me use my freecash points either. Not sure if that is a bug or what.

As usual, the Cashback bonuses work on OOP spend after points, so if your points take you below the $100 threshold your Cashback points disappear.

Not sure if this works for everyone, but when I add the older creator sets with the current $20 (100), $30 (150) etc. it stacks with an additional $15 cashback >$100. The new ones with the latest release don't seem to work. Not too bad with them already %20 off. Example below shooting for around the $100 mark with those three sets.

image.png.27b72a7d91c6d9c721e997865fd43294.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Spotted this in my local KMart. $15.99 RRP. Never seen these outside LEGO stores before. Time for some point & coupon magic?
2e14ec892c55b1cc6996854d142fe759.jpg

Also, even though I paid fully with points, received a $8 FREECASH giftcard with my purchase. Not complaining ....

Saw a bunch at Toys R Us this week.  "warning"  They were $14.99 at S@H.