KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 hour ago, mizeur said:

FREECASH also seems to be in-store only, might not apply to hot buys and clearance, might have other department restrictions, and based on the experience I just had at a store, might not apply at all.

I did get a CSR to honor the freecash points through kmart chat.

Does anyone have any points back coupons they'd be willing to share? I accidentally gave out my last $15 back on $75 without realizing I needed it (points expire tonight). Would IOU a coupon in the future.

2 hours ago, Martae54 said:

You can spend any amount of your free cash, Surprise points usually have a qualification amount . ($6 off $20 purchase) . I believe that is the only difference

FREECASH is the new name from corporate for surprise points. They are the exact same thing, you can already see the name being rolled out.

Does anyone have any points back coupons they'd be willing to share? I accidentally gave out my last $15 back on $75 without realizing I needed it (points expire tonight). Would IOU a coupon in the future.
FREECASH is the new name from corporate for surprise points. They are the exact same thing, you can already see the name being rolled out.

What kind of cash back are you looking for? I have a $10 back on $40 you can have ... PM me for the code

44 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Texting GETCASH to KMart today yielded me another $10 on $0 surprise points (aka FREECASH). Only valid in store.

I did the same thing yesterday on a whim, 1/2 of my accounts got another one, so YMMV. I can confirm that freecash DOES work on clearance items in store

• Like 1

Platinum VIPs 15% in points Bonus Days

VIP's Enjoy Exclusive Perks! Redeemable at Sears and Kmart, instore and online, get 15% back in points on all qualifying purchases September 29, 2017 through September 30, 2017. Maximum $50 in points (50,000 points) per member. Offer valid on regular and sale merchandise.

• Like 3

Spent 30 mins at the cash register and later at CS trying to get my FREECASH to apply to the same set I bought with it successfully last week but no dice. We could see the offer on the screen, but it refused to apply. No coupons or other offers seemed to apply. Had to give up as I was running late for a meeting. Going to try again once I have cleared all my coupons from my account, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Spent 30 mins at the cash register and later at CS trying to get my FREECASH to apply to the same set I bought with it successfully last week but no dice. We could see the offer on the screen, but it refused to apply. No coupons or other offers seemed to apply. Had to give up as I was running late for a meeting. Going to try again once I have cleared all my coupons from my account, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Use Kmart chat.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I just had the same issue today, had to catch a bus so I couldn't stick around any longer in store to try and figure it out

Was trying to buy the ninja go water strider it was $26 and 446 pieces.

4 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:

I just had the same issue today, had to catch a bus so I couldn't stick around any longer in store to try and figure it out

Was trying to buy the ninja go water strider it was $26 and 446 pieces.

Not fully related, but I just put that together tonight (ordered from Kmart this week) and it's a cool model with good Minifigures but a rather tedious build as its 4x of the legs. Lots of small Technic bits to hold the legs together and gems for the gatling shooter bump up the piece count vs the same price Manta Ray bomber. An enjoyable way to spend the evening, nevertheless.

Also, is it just me or do Kmart stores not have AC anymore?

Went back today with the same offer to give it another try. Wouldn't trigger on a $9.99 set (unlike the week before) but did work on a $10+ set. Picked one that was a Hot Buy online :). So basically $10 surprise points on $10+, even though the text does not say this explicitly.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Has anyone been to a K-mart this week where the clearance was NOT 30% off?

The KMart at an acceptable distance from my new workplace has been at 30% off for the last 3-4 weeks at least. Patiently waiting on 50%, which is when I'll likely swoop in, as the good LEGO sets are not in the clearance aisle :). There were a few that I grabbed even at 30% off a month ago (SD Lighthouse and Elves Starlight Inn). Already sold those for 400%+ ROI :)

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

It looks like some stores have shipped their clearance stuff to the kmart near me that is closing. Either the old clearance tags have been ripped off, peeling off part of the box or they have applied brand new (higher) price tags over the old clearance tags. I couldn't get them to honor 30% off of some things that had missed the higher tags. they told me that the price it rang up at was already discounted. Apparently math is beyond them.