KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

8 minutes ago, ThRok said:

Need a little help pls from the pro KMart shoppers: went to store to couple the $30off$50 with my $20.65 in earned points. Found 60103 City airshow on sale at $50.40 for $0 out of pocket. I get to the register and I can’t use the $30 freecash. They tell me it’s good for clearance but not for items on sale. Sale is considered a coupon. They tell me clearance items are anything with a yellow sticker. Of course nothing Lego has a yellow sticker. Is this for real or a load of emoji90.png?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

60103 should be marked for clearance, not a sale. But YMMV on how any given store has handled their inventory.

9 minutes ago, ThRok said:

So it’s true that the $30/$50 FC is no good for items on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Can't speak to that. But in my experience stores don't have any way of overriding automatic triggers on FC/surprise points. They work or they don't. And store staff don't really have the tools to mess with your account in a way that would help.

Your best bet is to either find another store or contact customer service by phone or chat to get them to arrange an in-store pickup with the points applied as a 1 time courtesy. For the latter, you'd tell them you tried to use the offer and it didn't work in spite of meeting T&C's, then ask them to apply the equivalent points to the order in exchange for removing the offer from your account. You'll probably need to talk to the team that handles customer service for stores rather than the website.

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 2

Just wondering, have any of you guys ever held Kmart to their "5 mins or less" guarantee on in-store pickups? My pickup today took 12 minutes of me waiting (not including time in line) and the prior one a few weeks ago took over 20. I'm thinking it would be better to call CS and see what they offer rather than try to complain at the store... the service there is minimal as it is, don't want them to actively hate me.

22 minutes ago, daniel85 said:

Just wondering, have any of you guys ever held Kmart to their "5 mins or less" guarantee on in-store pickups? My pickup today took 12 minutes of me waiting (not including time in line) and the prior one a few weeks ago took over 20. I'm thinking it would be better to call CS and see what they offer rather than try to complain at the store... the service there is minimal as it is, don't want them to actively hate me.

Isn't that for the in-vehicle pickup option? I've never used that.

Made a few Sears orders for in store pick up with the $20 back on $20 deal and points were never awarded because the items didn't correctly update to "picked up" from ready for pick up. I've noticed this in the past but never thought much of it because I either didn't have many points riding on it or it was before the "no points until you pick up" policy went into place. I put in a call to SYWR CS who put me through to Sears CS and the woman there sent some e-mails to update the order status, hopefully that works or I'll just call and ask to have the points awarded. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Taking a chance on the current offer of $10 in points on a $10 purchase for in-VEHICLE pickup, an option I've never used.

6 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Made a few Sears orders for in store pick up with the $20 back on $20 deal and points were never awarded because the items didn't correctly update to "picked up" from ready for pick up. I've noticed this in the past but never thought much of it because I either didn't have many points riding on it or it was before the "no points until you pick up" policy went into place. I put in a call to SYWR CS who put me through to Sears CS and the woman there sent some e-mails to update the order status, hopefully that works or I'll just call and ask to have the points awarded. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Taking a chance on the current offer of $10 in points on a $10 purchase for in-VEHICLE pickup, an option I've never used.

I had the same issue with the same promotion, however, in my case it was in my advantage. Placed an order but by the time it was ready for pickup I had realized I could buy the same item for much cheaper elsewhere. Was going to do the "return, then hope and pray they refund everything (points, gift card funds etc.), then reorder trick" but because they never marked the item as "picked up", the promo didn't trigger yet so it was still available in my account. I just placed a new order, collected that, got the $20 on $20 on that order, then returned the merchandise later. Took them a few days to finally process the cancellation in the system - that first order was showing "Ready for Pick Up" all the way until it showed as "Cancelled".

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

I had the same issue with the same promotion, however, in my case it was in my advantage. Placed an order but by the time it was ready for pickup I had realized I could buy the same item for much cheaper elsewhere. Was going to do the "return, then hope and pray they refund everything (points, gift card funds etc.), then reorder trick" but because they never marked the item as "picked up", the promo didn't trigger yet so it was still available in my account. I just placed a new order, collected that, got the $20 on $20 on that order, then returned the merchandise later. Took them a few days to finally process the cancellation in the system - that first order was showing "Ready for Pick Up" all the way until it showed as "Cancelled".

I have had same issue, but to even more advantage. After I picked up the item (a patio furniture set), they never changed it to "picked up". A month later, I get an email apologizing that they lost my item, and were refunding my money.

• Like 2

I didn't see this until I looked at the in-store receipt and then checked online...  Pairs great with the current 50% Clearance sale, and of course it stacks with coupons.  Today it was good for a 41324 Ski Lift for under $12.

KMART 3-20-18.png

Edited by FM

I didn't see this until I looked at the in-store receipt and then checked online...  Pairs great with the current 50% Clearance sale, and of course it stacks with coupons.  Today it was good for a 41324 Ski Lift for under $12.
5ab1ab0407765_KMART3-20-18.png.f3dfe2c00f38164bc42af807a26a3ee7.png
Used the $15 back on $30 today combined with a $5 on $5 sporting goods coupon, as well as a $20 back on $20 tools promo at Sears combined with a $20 on $30 FC coupon. There's also a $30 back on $50 in store at Sears.... Plus the $10 on $10 in car pickup bonus .... And 25% back on SmartSense ..... Tons of options to get good point bonuses.
  • Like 1

Plus the $10 on $10 in car pickup bonus  - how do you get this?

According to the promo you need to place an order of at least $10 out of pocket and use the in vehicle pick-up option. It should credit $10 in points afterwards. I am going to try this out this afternoon. Will let you know how it worked out.

3 hours ago, Phil B said:
3 hours ago, teamhappyfrog said:
Plus the $10 on $10 in car pickup bonus  - how do you get this?

According to the promo you need to place an order of at least $10 out of pocket and use the in vehicle pick-up option. It should credit $10 in points afterwards. I am going to try this out this afternoon. Will let you know how it worked out.

fyi- I tried to place an order on my laptop last night before I realized I had to place the order using the Sears App to see the vehicle pickup option.

fyi- I tried to place an order on my laptop last night before I realized I had to place the order using the Sears App to see the vehicle pickup option.
Not what I'm seeing. It says I should use the Sears app to complete the pickup (but no requirement to place the order there afaik). I did check the "interested in in-vehicle pickup" checkbox in my browser when I placed the order.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:
1 hour ago, FM said:

Not what I'm seeing. It says I should use the Sears app to complete the pickup (but no requirement to place the order there afaik). I did check the "interested in in-vehicle pickup" checkbox in my browser when I placed the order.

In agreement with Phil B here, I did an in-vehicle pick up yesterday morning and haven't seen any bonus points yet, but the fine print said points show up 48 hrs after pickup. You definitely need to use the app and probably need location services on in the app for it to work, maybe even connect to the store wifi? I struggled with it for a couple minutes before it worked at the store.

I had done two orders with the buy $20 get $20 offer and now that CS has fixed my two orders only one is showing up. I wasn't aware that I couldn't do it more than once and the orders show I should get $20 for each, so I guess it's back to the races with CS.

7 hours ago, keymomachine said:

In agreement with Phil B here, I did an in-vehicle pick up yesterday morning and haven't seen any bonus points yet, but the fine print said points show up 48 hrs after pickup. You definitely need to use the app and probably need location services on in the app for it to work, maybe even connect to the store wifi? I struggled with it for a couple minutes before it worked at the store.

Update: My In-Vehicle Pickup bonus points were awarded about 48 hours after my order and 36 hours after I did the pickup, good for 14 days. Too bad the sale prices on all the new sets are done.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:15 PM, keymomachine said:

Is there a 20 back on 20 "deal" that has to be selected or advertised or is it supposed to be automatic?  I placed my order with what looked like $20 in FC and then after I picked up my order I saw that I spent $21.30 in points.

21 minutes ago, FM said:

Is there a 20 back on 20 "deal" that has to be selected or advertised or is it supposed to be automatic?  I placed my order with what looked like $20 in FC and then after I picked up my order I saw that I spent $21.30 in points.

This was a specific Sears deal available to everyone that was going on last week, at first 20 cashback on 20, 50 on 100, 100 on 500. My problem was that it didn't work because the order status didn't update to trigger the points, thus I'm still talking about an old offer. The FREECASH name is confusing, that's just the old "Surprise Points". Your Order e-mail will tell you if you spent FREECASH in points or earned CASHBACK points on the order, and still uses the old "Surpise points" in the breakdown of points spent. Not sure at all if that helps.

• Like 1

Update: My In-Vehicle Pickup bonus points were awarded about 48 hours after my order and 36 hours after I did the pickup, good for 14 days. Too bad the sale prices on all the new sets are done.
Mine didn't go so smoothly. Spent 20 minutes in my car fiddling with the app to try and get the in-store pickup option to work. Would just go back to the home screen whenever I pressed it. Had to call Sears customer service who after 20 minutes also couldn't help me. Spoke with the pickup lady in the store and she also didn't know what I was talking about. In the end she put a note in for the store manager to just manually credit me the $10 and I just did a normal pickup. Went back today 24 hours later because I still had not seen those points come through. The guy at the pickup desk went back to the store manager and came back and told me that the store manager had credited me not $10 but $20 as compensation for the inconvenience. No complaints....
  • Like 1