71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

1 hour ago, jmdt said:

When logged into my VIP account, I don't see the option of adding this to my cart. Anyone else having this problem?

Try clearing your cache? The 'Add to basket' button appeared on the UK website about 6.30 this morning, depending on your current time zone you may have to wait a few hours for it to appear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthBall said:

Disney's Castle is finally available in LEGO Shop at Home. Unfortunately the only goodie you get with it is the silly Police Chase set. No way I'm buying today.

It is a terribly poor freebie. I'm holding off on this and the Beetle until theres a better offer on. Which is annoying because I'm desperate for a decent big build.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I see buyers are flipping this on eBay already for £360 (although no takers yet) !! With fee's and carriage this works out approx. £20 profit !!! SCOOOOOREE !!!

Lets hope they got it at a tidy staff discount and they aren't just that hard up for 20 quid ! ;o)

I get the feeling he's just going to dropship directly from Lego LEGO Shop at Home.

2 minutes ago, wolvergeek said:

My wife went before the mall opened. LEGO store only had 20 and sold out in about 20 minutes. We only got 1 to build as I don't want to risk $350 to flip $25 profit. Used my double VIP points from last month so buy in was cheap.

Seems that post is contradictory.  Yes, they are only flipping for $25 profit NOW, but your wife was there before the mall opened and it sold out in less than 20 min.  Seems there might be an opportunity there.  Oh, it also does't show as available yet unless you're a VIP and sign in.  I'm wondering how many people are out there that aren't even aware that this exists yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Seems that post is contradictory.  Yes, they are only flipping for $25 profit NOW, but your wife was there before the mall opened and it sold out in less than 20 min.  Seems there might be an opportunity there.  Oh, it also does't show as available yet unless you're a VIP and sign in.  I'm wondering how many people are out there that aren't even aware that this exists yet.

I may have taken a stab at a quick flip if I didn't just spend $3k on Walmart and Target clearance recently!

• Like 1

Not too terribly surprising given the launch of the new item. I'm actually surprised it's lasted all day at LEGO Shop at Home.

Perhaps due to lack of additional incentives (promo / 2xVIP) on a set that will probably be around awhile... I know I'm waiting. In-store purchases sold out in DFW in about 15 minutes (limited quantities received).
  • Like 2