71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Not sure what discount level LEGO Store employees get. 

From what a couple of them have told me in person, it's 50%. Apparently it's also grounds for termination if they get caught reselling. Not sure how tightly that policy is monitored and/or enforced though.

9 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGOLAND employees get a higher discount (30%, I think).

Certainly a better profit margin if we're talking about employee discounts, theft, wholesale, etc. I guess I assume that people are buying these new exclusives at close to retail, and that's not always the case.

3 minutes ago, Edgarama said:

LEGO store employees get 50% off.

Shocked that isn't common knowledge around here...

15 minutes ago, Edgarama said:

urchased w VIP points and chose to cash out, it's not a flip race at all. 

They chose to cash out, ASAP. That's all. Regardless of how they acquired them...

So what you're saying is, this was your listing......

I'm just messing with you. :lol:This one particular sale aside, lots of sellers out there listing this thing for minimal profit. I doubt they're all employees or cashing in VIP points.

12 minutes ago, emazers said:

Lego Employees are supposed to get 50% off twice a year, and if caught selling on Ebay, Amazon,Etc get fired. the rest of the time they get 30% off and suppose to be a $2,000 Limit. Now we no how suppose to works, there are always ways to get around any system.

The twice a year is/was three years ago's news. Employees can purchase whenever they want as long as their manager is present. There are however exceptions where employees aren't allowed to purchase certain things (typically at the very beginning). Think tumbler, batcave, Ferris wheel, etc. I'd think the castle is a no brainer for such a restriction but have heard that YMMV from store/manager to store/manager. 

Also:

1.  None of those listings are mine.

2.  I am not and have never been employed by LEGO in any capacity. 

• Like 3

It is possible that someone quit and bought it as a going away present and then sold it.  We have a friend whose best friend worked at a Lego store and this person spent $1000 before quitting and gave a Big Ben at cost to our friend who promptly built it.  I have a flock of 3 sets of birds that I received from a friend at Christmas and they were obtained through a Lego employee discount, so it is possible ("what does he need with three sets of birds?")

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

Can confirm Edgarama's info. Permanent employees get 50% off and that $2500 annual limit is the post-discount amount (meaning, your limit is $5000 worth of LEGO for a total purchase price of $2500 before tax). Temporary employees (think holidays) get 30% off and a lower annual limit.

correct on both percentages for permanent vs temp

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm almost 100% positive that the 30% is a LEGOLAND discount (with 50% happening once a year). Can't speak to LEGO Store.

Also correct on normal.  The once a year I have heard varying on between fl and ca and doesn't happen at dc's

• Like 1