71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

Hmm...I was sure this a winner when I saw it but I agree the video knocks it outta the park. I don't think it gonna be possible for this to be available one day less than 10188. This is gonna be huuuge! I heard people say that Donald was the same as the CMF but the guy in the video claims all 5 minifigures are unique...

15 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Video makes this thing look impressive.

They all call it Cinderella's Castle, which I guess is common, but I think it aught to be Prince Charming's Castle.  She certainly didn't own it before they got together.

Kind of like how I called my apartment my place until we got married and my wife moved in, then everyone called it her place :drag:

Btw, I think this was originally called Cinderella's Castle, the designers never called it "Disney Castle" in the video

• Like 1

Any confirmation whether this will be available to VIPs on July 15?

I think you mean 15th August? That's what I initially read however on one of the links posted a few pages back it stated 1St of August as release, but that may also have been a typo meaning 1St of Sept. Either way, I'm keeping a close eye on VIP release as I don't want to be far from my laptop that morning!! Just can't wait to build this set, only issue will be displaying it... this thing is huge!!

1 minute ago, Manse1001 said:

I think you mean 15th August? That's what I initially read however on one of the links posted a few pages back it stated 1St of August as release, but that may also have been a typo meaning 1St of Sept. Either way, I'm keeping a close eye on VIP release as I don't want to be far from my laptop that morning!! Just can't wait to build this set, only issue will be displaying it... this thing is huge!!

You're right - 15-Aug - just checked S@H and they're showing a 9/1 general release.

5 hours ago, jaylay said:

I now know where my $450 in VIP money is going.

Don't spend all $450 on it.  Since it's only $350.  :)

5 hours ago, fossilrock said:

So how many years until Disney buys Lego, Mattel and Hasbro?  

I actually wondered that the other day.  I don't know if Lego will ever sell, but if there's one company that would buy them, I can definitely see Disney doing it.

• Like 1

Going to get 2 also.  I wouldn't be surprise if Lego limits it to 1 per transaction. The Porsches were selling for $425 - $450 while only available to VIPs. I'm wondering what the price of this will be on eBay?

I think 1 per person for this set is guaranteed!