71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

Did Tink eat one of Alice's cookies ??  Shouldn't she be micro-fig size ???

According to the cartoon, She can change her height. It would have been nice if a micro-sized Tinker Bell was included. Then again, maybe we'll get one if Wendy is part of the next Disney CMF series...

Just now, jaisonline said:

She can change her height. It would have been nice if a micro-sized Tinker Bell was included. Then again, maybe we'll get one if Wendy is part of the next Disney CMF series...

New power? That would have been a nifty ability to use when Hook imprisoned her in the glass lamp.... :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:
From Brickset:

Unfortunately LEGO has neglected to send any press material out to most fan sites so we have had to copy this from elsewhere

Did LEGO actually plan to announce today?  I was not expecting the announcement until Friday to be honest 

I don't think so. That's just my opinion. I don't think the leaks are planned. I think the leaks are coming and LEGO is scrambling to get a press release together a couple days earlier than they expect.

I have nothing to base that on other than the order of operations the last few months:

1. Leaked photos get posted
2. Take down notices get issued same day
3. Press release and official details the next day

I don't know why LEGO would be in the game to play it that way on purpose time and time again. Seems like a waste of resources. I get that it's LEGO and hard to predict what they do but why waste the money.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I like it and price seems fair for the size... but why only 5 minifigures?  That seems ludicrous, especially with 4 of them being released earlier this year in the Disney line.  Seems like there should be more exclusive minifigs with the set apart from different outfits

5 Minifigs means they will expect all parents will go mad for the next Disney Minifig series which their kids will want to go in their lovely new castle !  If they released it with a dozen minifigs the next range probably won't have such a high demand . . . 

Edited by Manse1001

20 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I like it and price seems fair for the size... but why only 5 minifigures?  That seems ludicrous, especially with 4 of them being released earlier this year in the Disney line.  Seems like there should be more exclusive minifigs with the set apart from different outfits

The classics are included probably to make them available permanently while not wanting the mainstream characters to be exclusive to such an expensive set. Expect them in wave 2.

1 minute ago, Manse1001 said:

5 Minifigs means they will expect all parents will go mad for the next Disney Minifig series when their kids will want to go in their lovely new castle !  If they released it with a dozen minifigs the next range probably won't have such a high demand . . . 

I'm still surprised they didn't include Goofy and Pluto with the set, since they were absent from the Disney Minifigure line.  They would have been obvious choices for me, but maybe they will show up in the next round of collectable MF.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

5 Minifigs means they will expect all parents will go mad for the next Disney Minifig series which their kids will want to go in their lovely new castle !  If they released it with a dozen minifigs the next range probably won't have such a high demand . . . 

yeah that bugs me too... especially since I will shell out for those as well :(

8 minutes ago, 4cs said:

I'm still surprised they didn't include Goofy and Pluto with the set, since they were absent from the Disney Minifigure line.  They would have been obvious choices for me, but maybe they will show up in the next round of collectable MF.

Yep I imagine that's exactly what will happen !! Funnily enough my son was quick to ask 'where's Goofy' ! You can bet your bottom dollar his already been made and waiting to be shipped as part of wave 2 of the minifigs, and parents will be shelling out trying to make sure they get him and Pluto etc. !! 

Edited by Manse1001
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

Epic. Can't wait for it.  Very shocked some don't like it. I guess you have to be a disney fan and lego fan to love it. (Which we are)

It's not that is isn't a nice set, but when you're not a hard core Disney fan you're more likely (willing) to pick out the flaws. Most LEGO sets have a flaw or two (or in the case of AoH the whole thing is a mess) but it always depends on your overall appreciation of the theme.

I'm sure it'll look much more impressive in person like most sets (Creator F40 comes to mind), but from the pictures something is just "off" about the way those wedge wing pieces are used to create the shape of the turrets. The colors are also not quite right as well - too much contrast - but that might because LEGO's palette isn't quite pastel-enough.

8 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Yep I imagine that's exactly what will happen !! Funnily enough my son was quick to ask 'where's Goofy' ! You can bet your bottom dollar his already been made and waiting to be shipped as part of wave 2 of the minifigs, and parents will be shelling out trying to make sure they get him and Pluto etc. !! 

They could make Scrooge Duck the next Mr Gold to drive everybody crazy LOL.

• Like 3

So four out of the five figures are different from the CMF series. Only Donald is the same. I don't know why they didn't make him different so that all the figures would be exclusive to this set. We're definitely getting this set as the wife is a Disney fanatic, but it would've been nice if they included more than five figures.

So four out of the five figures are different from the CMF series. Only Donald is the same. I don't know why they didn't make him different so that all the figures would be exclusive to this set. We're definitely getting this set as the wife is a Disney fanatic, but it would've been nice if they included more than five figures.

And those 4 figures will be in every series of Disney minifigures...

On 7/8/2016 at 9:54 PM, BrickLegacy said:

This set should spawn a whole new legion of LEGO fans from the Disney fan base.

I expect this to boost the entire LEGO market, especially larger, more expensive sets. Customers who make this their first big LEGO purchase will now be more likely to buy other sets that interest them. Dads will now have the green light from mom. Moms will become AFOLs.

This set is groundbreaking for TLG. $350 feels just about right. From the first look it's absolutely gorgeous.

This is the smartest post I've seen on this site in a long time, maybe since I joined.  Virtually every retired exclusive in your storage room is going to get a shot in the arm beginning in January because of this Disney Castle.  

This is going to be the first "major" Lego set adorning the homes of thousands and thousands of families over the next several years.  Families that might have one or two or three small sets today (300-ish pieces, $20-$40) are going to catch Lego fever because of this set.  And Lego is not a "one-and-done" experience.  Once it gets you.... its got you.  

You see, buying the Castle isn't enough... somebody is going to have to build the Castle. And that somebody is going to be mom and dad. Building this Castle is going to make Lego fans out of a lot of credit card-wielding adults who all of a sudden recognize that Lego is the best toy in the world. And then they'll hit the internet and find out that there was a Haunted House too! And a whole series of Lego modular buildings that look just like Main Street USA! And Star Wars Legos too (I mean a LOT of Star Wars Legos)! 

The completed Disney Castle will be proudly on display on the dining room table... the kids will be tucked snugly into their beds... and mom and dad will be sitting in front of the soft blue glow of the family laptop, beneath the skyward pointing spires of the 71040... and dad will be reading mom the three digit CVV number from the back of the family Visa card as they purchase their next expensive Lego set on eBay or Amazon. 

From you.

• Like 6