71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

I really doubt it, unless Disney and LEGO part ways.  Why would they retire this set when the could put it in dozens (maybe hundreds) of souvenir shops throughout DisneyWorld and DisneyLand and sell them to rich visitors?  It may never retire.  It could make a wonderful display and be one of the best selling Tchotchkes ever sold by Disney.  

I wouldn't even want to think about Disney and Lego parting ways, wouldn't that mean no more Star Wars Lego?

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yep, still a rumor.  Until there's some sort of official announcement from LEGO, I'll leave it marked rumor.

I was at the LEGO store today. It was at the top of the August release list. VIP 8/17. Full release 9/1. $349.99 USD 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I just saw a pic of Mickey in his wizard suit and wondered if he had multiple torsos?

I've seen that pic.  I think it was Mickey standing next to a chest that has a wizard's hat (from the Sorcerer's Apprentice).

1 hour ago, Poly 30286 said:

I was at the LEGO store today. It was at the top of the August release list. VIP 8/17. Full release 9/1. $349.99 USD 

That's the most confirmation that we've gotten from it.  That, and Lego has been issuing take down notices all day, including to Reddit.

This set should spawn a whole new legion of LEGO fans from the Disney fan base.

I expect this to boost the entire LEGO market, especially larger, more expensive sets. Customers who make this their first big LEGO purchase will now be more likely to buy other sets that interest them. Dads will now have the green light from mom. Moms will become AFOLs.

This set is groundbreaking for TLG. $350 feels just about right. From the first look it's absolutely gorgeous.

Now we know what the A team was working on while the B team was designing Assault on Hoth. I wonder which team is working on the new Death Star?

Anyways, I think this could be a hot QFLL item this Christmas, similar to Tumbler a few years back. We'll have to keep an eye on that around here.

• Like 7