71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

11 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I read on another forum that this will be priced at $400 and will be the early VIP release set on 8/17/16. No source provided but this person has been pretty spot on with early information in the past.

Confirmed that release date via LEGO Store employee today. No other details 

2 hours ago, tacsniper said:

I hope this means 41055 is coming to an end soon.

Different line entirely. It would be like saying a play set X-wing or TIE Fighter should go EOL because there's a UCS X-Wing or TIE Fighter available.

On the other hand, Rapunzel's Creativity Tower (41054) retired last December and it's from the same series as 41055. So it could retire any moment too now. It's just not related to the UCS 71040 set. ;) 

On 23/06/2016 at 1:26 PM, oneknightr said:

I read on another forum that this will be priced at $400 and will be the early VIP release set on 8/17/16. No source provided but this person has been pretty spot on with early information in the past.

for what it is worth we got some sort of confirmation about the price:

DisneyCastle.jpg

• Like 1

or Lego getting better at dealing with the employees or consultants responsible for leaks of images before the right time...

I'll debate you on that. Seems like we're getting leaked photos and then the next day something official comes out. Like LEGO has no choice to release something official because someone leaked something.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'll debate you on that. Seems like we're getting leaked photos and then the next day something official comes out. Like LEGO has no choice to release something official because someone leaked something.

it is a slow July :) if I can trigger a nice debate I am all for it (I am sitting as well on boring conference calls)

Edited by Simon74
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mesje said:

No leaked pictures of this set yet?

Its interesting, since we are now just almost 1 month before the start of sale...

Actually, if you've noticed the trend, with the Porsche, Big Ben, and the VW Beetle, each time there were "leaked" photos exactly 1 month prior to the official LEGO reveal ("leaked" on April 14, May 14, and June 14 respectively). That means we should expect to see "leaks" on July 14th, one month prior to the official LEGO reveal. I say "leaks" because I think they are planned to create hype and buzz ahead of time. Only the Rogue One leaked images were shut down, because the "official" "leaks" aren't supposed to appear until mid-August, one month prior to official reveal. LEGO has purposely spaced these big sets out to keep people wanting and chasing, creating a month-long lust for each set one at a time

• Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy

FWIW... I friend of mine at Merlin (LEGOLAND Windsor) said that they are getting stock of the largest set ever produced around mid-AUG and it's strictly not on sale until 01SEP. Could this be the best set since 10179 where I'll have to go to every LEGO store in the country and pay cash for a set? I can't see LEGO allowing more than 1 per household unless it's a poorer set than expected and produced by the billions. If it's a exclusive as hoped, I can see rich parents paying through the nose on the aftermarket for little Jenny to have hers!