71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

1 minute ago, lazuli16 said:

In either case the images are not linked to the site. I downloaded them and then attached them to the post....in case you feel rebellious ;)

LEGO watches everything and we don't need an email from corporate.  I'm sure this will be live on their site very soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Don't tell me LEGO is big brother (out of 1984)

Yes, they are.  As they should be, they need to protect their IP (Intellectual Property).

Occasional times in the past, we've left photos up until LEGO has told us to remove them.  I've seen the letters from their lawyers.  Rather than giving their lawyers extra work, let's let them do less work, and start going after the true IP thieves that we always complain about.

As soon as pics become available officially, we'll get them out there.

4 minutes ago, emmers said:

PM sent. 

I'll keep sending to those who would like them unless I hear differently from the mods. 

We don't/can't control what happens via PMs, just ask that there are no more PM requests here in the thread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yes, they are.  As they should be, they need to protect their IP (Intellectual Property).

Occasional times in the past, we've left photos up until LEGO has told us to remove them.  I've seen the letters from their lawyers.  Rather than giving their lawyers extra work, let's let them do less work, and start going after the true IP thieves that we always complain about.

As soon as pics become available officially, we'll get them out there.

We don't/can't control what happens via PMs, just ask that there are no more PM requests here in the thread.

This^^^

16 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Looks pretty much like this...

Although the 3 towers in the back are left off, the window on the main building too big while the building itself too short, and the spires on the small towers too tiny and squished. Some ratios are really visibly off.

It is an epic set anyway and like it very much, but it is more like the Disney Death Star rather than a Disney landmark.

Edited by inversion

7 minutes ago, inversion said:

Although the 3 towers in the back are left off, the window on the main building too big while the building itself too short, and the spires on the small towers too tiny and squished. Some ratios are really visibly off.

It is an epic set anyway and like it very much, but it is more like the Disney Death Star rather than a Disney landmark.

I'm glad they did the DisneyWorld version instead of DisneyLand.

• Like 1

Very cool looking set.  I like how they made it in a style similar to the Tower of Orthanc, and I definitely think it cracks a top 15 of all time lego set list. 

Although to be frank, I doubt i'll buy this... simply because I don't want it taking up the amount of space it would require, and I dont have a daughter.

There is a great picture of it up on reddit now if anyone still needs to see it. It's in r/lego

I will never understand why people on sites that will clearly attract kids have to post swear words. I have nothing against them since I have a gutter mouth but kids are clearly gonna check out Disney Lego pics. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME...

• Like 1

I will never understand why people on sites that will clearly attract kids have to post swear words. I have nothing against them since I have a gutter mouth but kids are clearly gonna check out Disney Lego pics. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME...

I don't get it. Where are the swear words?

10 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

images.duckduckgo.com.gif

• Like 7