Jump to content

71040 - Disney Castle


jaisonline
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I realize every time I visit Disney World I'm disappointed because Cinderella's Castle isn't a real attraction you can walk//tour through.  It's mostly just an object they can feature at the center of the park and do shows around.  I still think they missed the boat at the parks.  Entirely my opinion, of course.

What's funny about that, is at Disneyland, they have Sleeping Beauty's Castle, and it's a low use attraction.  It's a simple walk-thru, and was closed for a few years because they just didn't get the numbers to justify it being open.

I'm disappointed it isn't Sleeping Beauty's Castle, because that was the first castle Disney built.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I realize every time I visit Disney World I'm disappointed because Cinderella's Castle isn't a real attraction you can walk//tour through.  It's mostly just an object they can feature at the center of the park and do shows around.  I still think they missed the boat at the parks.  Entirely my opinion, of course.

What's not to like about having lunch with a Princess?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cinderella-royal-table/

I even got a picture with Cinderella and a sword my last visit!

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:
What's not to like about having lunch with a Princess?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cinderella-royal-table/

I even got a picture with Cinderella and a sword my last visit!

 

 

 

She doesn't let you play on her indoor basketball court. That's where Prince has his best hoops performances.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people that don't understand disney in this thread.  People are dripping 20k regularly to buy dvc points and 10k a week for their vacation. 

This castle souvenir is 37,000 + usd 

https://m.disneystore.com/walt-disney-world-cinderella-castle-sculpture-by-arribas-brothers-limited-edition/mp/1309148/1000276/

This plastic nonsense is 80 usd. 

https://m.disneystore.com/disney-princess-castle-play-set-disney-parks/mp/1387852/1000265/

$500.00 for a nice lego set is nothing to disney fans. I spend more than that on Lapu Lapus! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

What's funny about that, is at Disneyland, they have Sleeping Beauty's Castle, and it's a low use attraction.  It's a simple walk-thru, and was closed for a few years because they just didn't get the numbers to justify it being open.

I'm disappointed it isn't Sleeping Beauty's Castle, because that was the first castle Disney built.

Sleeping Beauty's castle really isn't a big deal though.  Look kids, this is where she slept.  Move along, move along.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they can pull off something nice in the $350+ range.  I would be so insanely disappointed to have another exclusive be underwhelming yet AGAIN this year from Lego.  I'm already excited about the technic sets this year, especially the bucket wheel excavator, but dammit, they need to figure something out quick.  Lego is really gambling this year.  Up to this point, once a rumor came out, I was already ready to go to spend money without even looking at the sets, but they have me pretty worried now.  I have my hopes pretty tampered.  We'll see how everything goes once we get more information.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

I hope they can pull off something nice in the $350+ range.  I would be so insanely disappointed to have another exclusive be underwhelming yet AGAIN this year from Lego.  I'm already excited about the technic sets this year, especially the bucket wheel excavator, but dammit, they need to figure something out quick.  Lego is really gambling this year.  Up to this point, once a rumor came out, I was already ready to go to spend money without even looking at the sets, but they have me pretty worried now.  I have my hopes pretty tampered.  We'll see how everything goes once we get more information.

When a company continues to experience higher sales on poorer product - it is difficult for them to stay on the right path.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CoastaLego said:

A lot of people that don't understand disney in this thread.  People are dripping 20k regularly to buy dvc points and 10k a week for their vacation. 

This castle souvenir is 37,000 + usd 

https://m.disneystore.com/walt-disney-world-cinderella-castle-sculpture-by-arribas-brothers-limited-edition/mp/1309148/1000276/

This plastic nonsense is 80 usd. 

https://m.disneystore.com/disney-princess-castle-play-set-disney-parks/mp/1387852/1000265/

$500.00 for a nice lego set is nothing to disney fans. I spend more than that on Lapu Lapus! 

This guy has the right of it. 

The question will volume vs price. How many do they think they can sell at 199 vs 299 vs 399 etc.

Considering the fan base they're tapping into,,,,you're probably right. They can go big if they choose to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CoastaLego said:

A lot of people that don't understand disney in this thread.  People are dripping 20k regularly to buy dvc points and 10k a week for their vacation. 

This castle souvenir is 37,000 + usd 

https://m.disneystore.com/walt-disney-world-cinderella-castle-sculpture-by-arribas-brothers-limited-edition/mp/1309148/1000276/

This plastic nonsense is 80 usd. 

https://m.disneystore.com/disney-princess-castle-play-set-disney-parks/mp/1387852/1000265/

$500.00 for a nice lego set is nothing to disney fans. I spend more than that on Lapu Lapus! 

this set could be HUGE and immediately become an iconic set if it's done right.  the fanbase is there for the taking.  right off there with Star Wars, Star Trek, etc... fandom.  i do see folks buying this set (if done right) after their annual / semi-regular WDW or WDL visit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Will 4 said:

What do people feel the shelf life is. I fancy around 5-7 years to ensure they hit as many consumers as possible.

We know next to nothing official about this set, but sure, let's start making wild guesses.  I'll go with 9 years, 275 days, at 1:37pm Eastern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest brickcrazyhouse
On April 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM, dcdfan said:

#AllDisneyCharactersMatter

carefull JarJar is now in the Disney family

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest brickcrazyhouse
On April 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM, CoastaLego said:

Wtf! Where is my boy Goof!!! 

2018 is the year of the dog. hopefully we don't have to wait that long. I have hard time believing he won't be in series 2, but thats just because he's my fav and there would be great moc  possibilities.

Goofy_zps3857648c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...