71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

8 minutes ago, diablo2112 said:

I purchased a single unit to build.  I'm not a huge minifigure person; If I could recoup $100+ selling the minifigs separate, that sounds like a good deal to me.  Something to think about.

should be feasible especially with the tinker bell, think that would go for $60-75 until one is made in a regular series.  Probably $10-15 on the other 4.  So think $100-130 for sure for the set.  Not a bad 30% discount if you just want the castle or use figs from the regular series instead

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

I hate the fact that such a set is open in the back, i mean could be a door something, but imo, I really prefer a model who is 100% complete on all sides, I know i know, it's a play kit. But at this price, i mean the dude who wants to put it in it's detail city, you need two to have something awsome at any angles.

6 minutes ago, bouncer said:

The other thing to think about is selling the box.  I saw the porsche boxes going for $100.

really wtf..

2 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

I hate the fact that such a set is open in the back, i mean could be a door something, but imo, I really prefer a model who is 100% complete on all sides, I know i know, it's a play kit. But at this price, i mean the dude who wants to put it in it's detail city, you need two to have something awsome at any angles.

really wtf..

Check completed e-bay sales.  Even the manual is going for $30+.

2 minutes ago, bouncer said:

Check completed e-bay sales.  Even the manual is going for $30+.

i can understand for the manual, huge .. but the boxes at 100$. Might not happen again for a while... People are so impatient... and don't search deals. how many time a friend went to me and said, just bough that video card or some item  for **$ and he could have had it for 30% off his price with a little search

Edited by TargetZero

1 minute ago, TargetZero said:

i can understand for the manual, huge .. but the boxes at 100$. Might not happen again for a while... People are so impatient... and don't search deals. how many time a friend went to me and said, just bough that video card or some item  for **$ and he could have had it for 30% off his price with a little search

usually people's intentions are not good with the boxes especially when they are going for a premium.  That is why they banned selling boxes for high end watch companies and other items (Rolex, Tag).  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

usually people's intentions are not good with the boxes especially when they are going for a premium.  That is why they banned selling boxes for high end watch companies and other items (Rolex, Tag).  

Good point.  I didn't think of it that way.

Haha didn't think about this. It make sens. Scammer will always be in all side of activity. For exemple, did you know that actual company exist in chna for scamming in games? Or looting like hell to resell stuff.  Diablo 3 was a good exemple of chiness scammer and farming 24/24 littilary a team of 100 people reselling both in action house and via they internet site. Some  sucks all the juice they can, and the in game economy crashed has a result. LEgo investing is about the same, we are sucking it bad. And the day tthat supplys is to big for demand. boom.

Edited by TargetZero

I feel blessed I sold mine last night for $475. Here was my first experience with a large set, before release.

I posted it at $499 on Sunday and watched them being sold at $419 by Tuesday. But I didn't want it to go for less than $485. Then when it was released, a whole load of flippers posted at $500+. Then like an answered prayer, I saw a post here in BL that there was a 50% off final fees coupon. I checked, and sure enough I had it.
Again, I followed advice I found here and canceled my listing (despite having 9 watchers) and relisted at $475. In hopes of getting the discount. Sold it a few hours later.

Now I see some sold for $375-365 today. Employees or thieves, either way I'm glad I'm done with it.

You can hate me for undercutting, but man, seeing them sell for less than $450 was scaring me. I don't have the spousal support for that. =)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, donbee said:

I feel blessed I sold mine last night for $475. Here was my first experience with a large set, before release.

I posted it at $499 on Sunday and watched them being sold at $419 by Tuesday. But I didn't want it to go for less than $485. Then when it was released, a whole load of flippers posted at $500+. Then like an answered prayer, I saw a post here in BL that there was a 50% off final fees coupon. I checked, and sure enough I had it.
Again, I followed advice I found here and canceled my listing (despite having 9 watchers) and relisted at $475. In hopes of getting the discount. Sold it a few hours later.

Now I see some sold for $375-365 today. Employees or thieves, either way I'm glad I'm done with it.

You can hate me for undercutting, but man, seeing them sell for less than $450 was scaring me. I don't have the spousal support for that. =)

And by support you mean b***s

http://giphy.com/gifs/jean-claude-van-damme-bloodsport-frank-dux-oB1vWgGPNDmYE

image.gif

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 5

congrats on being a dirty rotten flipper :)

actually, good work in selling that set.  it def takes some skill and plenty of luck, timing, etc...  great work.

22 minutes ago, donbee said:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Jang's pointing out one reason why LEPIN's version is better than LEGO's :). At the 16:45 mark (the below should jump to it straight away):

Jang's update to that issue:

16:50 https://www.instagram.com/p/BJSjIcZAWj8/  As it turns out, the LEGO logo actually will clear in many cases (depending upon the batch). It's the mold/injection mark on some studs that will consistently prevent a fully seated connection, so it depends upon the precise orientation of the underlying part!  I learned something new!

Edited by uaford
  • Like 1