71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

Perhaps due to lack of additional incentives (promo / 2xVIP) on a set that will probably be around awhile... I know I'm waiting. In-store purchases sold out in DFW in about 15 minutes (limited quantities received).

Good to know. I'm DFW and was about to head to a store.

1 hour ago, Deadfraggle said:

Not too terribly surprising given the launch of the new item. I'm actually surprised it's lasted all day at LEGO Shop at Home.

I'm just wondering; has a set ever sold out day 1 of availability?  Seems like there would a HUGE amount of inventory on hand for the first day.  

23 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'm just wondering; has a set ever sold out day 1 of availability?  Seems like there would a HUGE amount of inventory on hand for the first day.  

Lego Technic Porsche was limited from the start, but I guess that was due to the shipping issue. Still,with the hype, I think it might have gone that first evening?

Seems like some of the CMF have lasted a day or two, but I might be mistaken on those as well on those.

1 hour ago, jaylay said:

how many per case?  if buying two do you think Lego will ship the two in a case?

2 per case. Really no benefit to a sealed case though. Had some with punctures and they were perfect on the outside of the cases.  

Don't think they would either as they are 14" wide cases

Edited by ravenb99

6 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Looks fantastic, mine should arrive today! How would you rate it? One of the greats??

It was a great build especially for a large set.  So much different stuff going on.   Most big sets seem to get repetitive but this one has so much different stuff going on.  Definitely one of my favorites.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

It was a great build especially for a large set.  So much different stuff going on.   Most big sets seem to get repetitive but this one has so much different stuff going on.  Definitely one of my favorites.

I have to say, it's rather stunning and I'll probably buy this sooner than I keep telling myself I would.  I still have GBHQ, Classic Batcave, and Helicarrier to build.  My son keeps harping on me to build the Helicarrier, but I want to work on the Batcave next.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Visscher said:

I ordered this online this am (vip) and they just emailed saying it was out of stock. No eta. 

Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship them to you

Odd that the site still shows as available...

image.tiff