42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

Just now, mattjay said:

I tried to scour this thread for answer to my question - either I missed it or it was still confusion.

Were there any confirmation that the first batch (however many it is, or at least those make available through LEGO Shop at Home) contains set with serial no.?

The price is really prohibiting. I am still on the fence for this one. I will buy it eventually, but deliberating whether it should be a first day buy.

That was a rumour started by end users. Lego never stated that only the first batch will have a serial number. In fact, it appears that the code will allow access to a special site with Power Functions instructions, amongst other things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattjay said:

Cheers guys. Thanks for the quick reply.

Just noticed in markplaats, a local ebay, someone is offering this set at €285 for early sales with the set available for pick up end July. That is ~€55 cheaper than the Dutch RRP.

"If it sounds too good to be true....."

Just now, BearCrash said:

"If it sounds too good to be true....."

Then it must be true :D

Well, it's an actual toy shop with physical address. I didn't enquire as I assumed they probably will want a pre-payment. My money will perhaps better spend elsewhere to generate profit to contribute towards the set. Anyway, I veered off topic a bit.

1 minute ago, mattjay said:

Then it must be true :D

Well, it's an actual toy shop with physical address. I didn't enquire as I assumed they probably will want a pre-payment. My money will perhaps better spend elsewhere to generate profit to contribute towards the set. Anyway, I veered off topic a bit.

Some German shops are preselling it for the same price, I guess it shows it will be discounted when it becomes a non exclusive exclusive. Patience is the key for this one.

• Like 1

..Fountain came available right at 12:01 and Porsche switched to" Coming Soon" right at 12:01.. Which is Lego for "who knows"...  If it was going to go live tonite it would have done so EST....IMO.. Good luck to those of you who are retrying for the 3 am drop..

4 minutes ago, the_shy_guy said:

gone at sah online

now in 30 days

I don't know what happened in the UK. The website didn't change at midnight, it was still the old offers at 2:30 am. Now it's flipped over to June offers but toos already. What stupid time did they release it?

Is it just me? Or straight away that the Porsche becomes available its already OOS?

Or to put it more appropriately: withdrawn from sale?

Did anyone else notice this too?

Australia here.

ROFLWTF. Such troll. Imagine the peeps sitting up since midnight F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

like me :(

Edited by thehornedrat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTRC said:

"Releasing on June 1st!.......... Give or take 3 hours lol who knows. Whos buying lego in the am, amirite?"

PST time zone here,... South California.  About twenty more minutes to go and still stating 'coming soon'.  I will be hanging around for another 30 minutes to see what happens...

Hoping for luck though, that I can order it tonight (or more accurate, early tomorrow morning).  I don't mind the 'flaws' enough to not order one right now, but many thanks to a great review link by Val-E.

If Lego does not release it tonight, they have to stop giving people false timeframes and false hope.  I'm staying up for it for freak sake...