42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

On 30-4-2016 at 0:51 AM, Mos_Eisley said:

When they did this with 10179 and the Santa Fe Super Chief it was clearly stated how it would work. The points above yours are saying they wouldn't do something like that as a surprise without telling people how it was going to work. 

Better be safe than sorry!

First day buy for me.

On April 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Rimmit said:

I think this is a case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I completely agree Technic has come a long way from before, and my comment regarding "random conglomeration of gears and bricks with holes" was a little excessive, and I apologize for that.  

While you and many other Technic fans might believe that an AROC and a Mobile Crane MKII are display worthy sets, there are still wires, and holes everywhere.  It is not majestic in any way.  It is not sleek.  The Porsche is sleek.  It covers up most of the Technic aspect with the display plates.

When you compare to other large display models, the Technic sets can't hold their own.  The Taj Mahal is gorgeous.  The Millenium Falcon is iconic and a pleasure to look at.  The Imperial Shuttle and Imperial Star Destroyer are very accurate representations of what they represent.  The AROC and Mobile Crane ARE NOT ACCURATE Representations.  They have the general shape correct, but there are not holes in beams all over real life vehicles.  While the AROCS is closer to a real life version, it just isn't something that the average AFOL is going to want to display.

The main thing, is that Technic has lacked that mainstream appeal.  The Porsche set can break this mold and finally bring Technic to the masses. 

And I just confirmed ( unless it was already confirmed lol) that we wont be seeing Porsche this month, it's  minecraft. :( 

Lego themselves said in the press release that it comes out on June 1st and is on LEGO Shop at Home website already with coming soon.  They are just doing two exclusive releases at once. No need to worry. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

27 minutes ago, Steve Brule said:

So are there only going to be 10,000 total or just 10,000 numbered sets?

9 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Maybe 10K numbered sets but there is no official statement for TLG.

If you watch the video, he says every set will come with a numbered plate

3 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Where are people getting this 10,000 thing from?

Some people interpreted the plate XXXX0000 as shown in the video to mean there will only be 10K numbered plates.  Some suggested the initial online release will be with these numbered plates and after that they won't be.

Again, no official statement from TLG how many sets they are producing; however, they have said all sets will come with an unique numbered plate.

My personal opinion.  This will not be a limited release and every set will have an unique plate.