42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

59 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

The XXXX0000 example tile could suggest 00000000 - 99990000 to give that 10,000 limited number of sets. The fact that it wasn't XXXXXXXX indicates to me that the four zeroes are static.

Nice theory, but I'd think they'd mention something like that.

9 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

The XXXX0000 example tile could suggest 00000000 - 99990000 to give that 10,000 limited number of sets. The fact that it wasn't XXXXXXXX indicates to me that the four zeroes are static.

Nice theory. But after the first 10,000 units are sold, they can easily release the next 0 to be 1-9, that's another 90,000 units. After those are sold, then the next 0......

The porsche looked really nice in zebra style. Personally i think it's ridiculous to make an orange standard version. Nobody drives an orange 911. 

The design is nice, but not excellent. So i'm not convinced. 

Orange is probably the most popular colour for a 911 GT3 RS so for Porsche fanatics it probably makes perfect sense! I also believe that Lava orange was the official Porsche launch colour of the GT3 RS.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Orange is probably the most popular colour for a 911 GT3 RS so for Porsche fanatics it probably makes perfect sense! I also believe that Lava orange was the official Porsche launch colour of the GT3 RS.

Thanks for correcting me on this. It shows how ignorant i am on cars. 

Still, orange? Pfff

15 hours ago, Val-E said:

#LIMITED EDITION, RETIRING SOON, AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME! EXTRA EXTRA!

Yeah, no news on this means it will be the next Death Star.

Probably not a next DS since the interviewee stated that this is supposed to be a start of a new ('Technic  Ultimate'?) series. If they come out with a model every year then I don't see more than 3 years for this.

43 minutes ago, inversion said:

Probably not a next DS since the interviewee stated that this is supposed to be a start of a new ('Technic  Ultimate'?) series. If they come out with a model every year then I don't see more than 3 years for this.

If the Porsche 911 GT3 RS is going to be the first in a new series of 'Technic UCS' sets, then this model will become similar in status to 10181 Eiffel Tower, and 10182 Cafe Corner. The first model of a series... Will make it all the more desirable for future collectors. :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Haay said:

If the Porsche 911 GT3 RS is going to be the first in a new series of 'Technic UCS' sets, then this model will become similar in status to 10181 Eiffel Tower, and 10182 Cafe Corner. The first model of a series... Will make it all the more desirable for future collectors. :) 

Shhhhhhhhh, they're listening. 

It's Technic, Technic always does badly. This is too expensive, definitely not an investment. Move on, nothing to see here :cool:

• Like 5

So from what I have heard the original will be limited to 10,000 (I have heard somewhere this was sold out? - Im not sure how?) - The remaining would be available on 5/15 (VIP) or 6/1 (Non VIP) - Can Anyone Confirm This?

Also, From what I hear there will be another run that is released on 8/1 - Has anyone else heard this?

My guess is that the tooling and production on this car is not worth only making 10,000 of them. There will just have to be more!

3 minutes ago, beeblet65 said:

So from what I have heard the original will be limited to 10,000 (I have heard somewhere this was sold out? - Im not sure how?) - The remaining would be available on 5/15 (VIP) or 6/1 (Non VIP) - Can Anyone Confirm This?

Also, From what I hear there will be another run that is released on 8/1 - Has anyone else heard this?

My guess is that the tooling and production on this car is not worth only making 10,000 of them. There will just have to be more!

I doubt there will be only 10000

i wish they made only 10000

11 hours ago, beeblet65 said:

From the looks of it, the June early VIP access is for the exclusive Minecraft set.  Not the Porsche.

Plus, the chances that this is a limited set is slim to none.  In the press release, they mention that it will be a online only exclusive for a couple of months, plus select places in Europe.  I think around August, it will be available everywhere.  Not to mention, that somewhere there would be wordage about some limited availability.  Not to mention that if it was truly limited to 10,000, there would be no way they could release it world wide in stores and such as it would sell out almost immediately.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

From the looks of it, the June early VIP access is for the exclusive Minecraft set.  Not the Porsche.

Plus, the chances that this is a limited set is slim to none.  In the press release, they mention that it will be a online only exclusive for a couple of months, plus select places in Europe.  I think around August, it will be available everywhere.  Not to mention, that somewhere there would be wordage about some limited availability.  Not to mention that if it was truly limited to 10,000, there would be no way they could release it world wide in stores and such as it would sell out almost immediately.

The village is coming out on June 1st:

the village.PNG

The early VIP release on June 15 seems to be Big Ben. I asked CM4Sci about the ETA of the remaining 2016 exclusives on reddit last night and he said that Big Ben was coming out in July.

I agree with you, I think we should trust Brickset which stated when publishing the press release that the Porsche will not be a limited run, and there will be no VIP early access.

Edited by Pomodoro

12 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

The village is coming out on June 1st:

The early VIP release on June 15 seems to be Big Ben. I asked CM4Sci about the ETA of the remaining 2016 exclusives on reddit last night and he said that Big Ben was coming out in July.

I agree with you, I think we should trust Brickset which stated when publishing the press release that the Porsche will not be a limited run, and there will be no VIP early access.

I mistyped that.  I meant that mid May is the early VIP for the village, not the Porsche.  Sorry for the mix up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citymorgue said:

Unless ones with the laser engraved tile with the code for the online content is limited to 10,000 and the next wave does not have that.

I still don't think that's likely.  I don't see how Lego could possibly get away with something like that and not tell people.  Because can you imagine if there was no official word, so you assumed every set had one of those, and then when you order you don't get one.  So you call them, and THAT'S when they tell you, oh yeah sorry, only the first 10,000 had that.  It would be quite the PR nightmare for them.

So I highly doubt there will be 2 different edition runs for this.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Unless ones with the laser engraved tile with the code for the online content is limited to 10,000 and the next wave does not have that.

This is what they did for 10179.  The first batch were numbered. I'm expecting the same with this release.  e.g. if it shows up in general retail stores, those versions wont have a numbered tile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RTRC said:

LEGO Shop at Home says it's release date is June 1st. I'm not logged in atm so it isn't a VIP early access deal. 

Oh well. Looks like i'll be dropping that 300 sooner than expected.

I've come across way too many people who thought that the release is on August 1st. This is understandable given the weird partial exclusivity in Germany and Austria. Here is the breakdown from the press release:

Worldwide release on LEGO Shop at Home is on June 1st

B&M Lego store release is on June 1st in Germany and Austria only.

B&M Lego store release for all other countries is on August 1st.

I hope this clears any doubts one might have regarding the availability of the set.

Edited by Pomodoro
  • Like 1

On April 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM, SpaceFan9 said:

This is what they did for 10179.  The first batch were numbered. I'm expecting the same with this release.  e.g. if it shows up in general retail stores, those versions wont have a numbered tile.

When they did this with 10179 and the Santa Fe Super Chief it was clearly stated how it would work. The points above yours are saying they wouldn't do something like that as a surprise without telling people how it was going to work. 

• Like 1