42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

16 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

and we know the 10k are going to go asap

TLG would definitely not put three years of development and cooperation with Porsche to sell a measly 10,000 copies of the set and not say anything about it prior to launch. This rumor started with the similarities one can draw with 41999, except that 41999 was a crowd-sourced design based on a existing chassis, and it was 20,000 copies total. 

Let's all take a step back and stop talking about a supposed limited run like it's a fact. It most definitely is not, all evidence points towards the set being some sort of Technic UCS. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Amazon UK has a preorder up with no limits . Whatever that means 

Items:GBP 416.66

Postage & Packing:GBP 322.60

Total before VAT:GBP 739.26

(Order Total: GBP 739.26)

Payment Total:USD 1,108.76

WOW

Edited by LegoEdison

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Amazon UK has a preorder up with no limits . Whatever that means 

My preorder shows an optomistic delivery window of 13th June - Mid July. 

Unless amazon are going to place an order at LEGO Shop at Home on my behalf i think it's unlikely.

7 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

I wonder if they will ship these in the LEGO carton, or re-pack for shipping. If they don't re-pack, they'll have to send the fountain promo separately? This would be good, so nothing is crushed.

Nope, they'll put too much packing in and ding and dent both of them.  My small sets from LEGO Shop at Home have been arriving mangled by having too much packing in the box.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

I wonder if they will ship these in the LEGO carton, or re-pack for shipping. If they don't re-pack, they'll have to send the fountain promo separately? This would be good, so nothing is crushed.

If they are smart and don't want thousands of people calling and complaining about damaged 911's they will ship the Porsche in its original Lego box.  I may actually call instead of ordering online to make sure they do this.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Nope, they'll put too much packing in and ding and dent both of them.  My small sets from LEGO Shop at Home have been arriving mangled by having too much packing in the box.

are you saying the first batch of 911 in the US gonna be all dented?  lovely <3