42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

4 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

So Porsche would have been better off with a Creator model à la Tumbler instead of Technic (at a lower price, too).

Yeah but we dissed the F40 so lego can´t win!

If you only want a display model then you could bricklink the bodywork parts and put it on a normal chassis without the gearbox. I guess that would save a substantial amount down the line when the panels become more affordable and in different colours.

Edited by Val-E

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah but we dissed the F40 so lego can´t win!

If you only want a display model then you could bricklink the bodywork parts and put it on a normal chassis without the gearbox. I guess that would save a substantial amount down the line when the panels become more affordable and in different colours.

I thought people here already dissed the Mini Cooper. Is the T1 Camper then the only acceptable model in that range? ;)  Until the Caterham Super Seven is released that is...

40 minutes ago, Haay said:

I thought people here already dissed the Mini Cooper. Is the T1 Camper then the only acceptable model in that range? ;)  Until the Caterham Super Seven is released that is...

The T1 works well as a brick built model at that scale. The F40 really needed to be a larger scale to do it justice and the Mini is the wrong generation - it would have been better to have chosen a 60´s original Monte Carlo rally version.

I don´t think that the 911´s bodywork would have looked better in bricks, it´s just that there is a lot of missed opportunity going on on the technical side for the asking price. Back in the day, the Ferrari racer 599 and Enzo had practically no features apart from steering and opening doors but they cost a third of the price.

In any case, it seeems to be selling well from day 1 and I am sure that those of us who like fiddling about will have a field day incorporating a different gearbox, 4x4, rear steering etc etc.

3 hours ago, gregpj said:

Making new parts is one thing - and I'll bet they go through a very rigorous process to see if the part can be used/useful in other sets - but a new color just for one set? And in that many different parts? Not a chance that was ever going to happen. What other sets could LEGO have used Lava Orange?

They made a new colour for the 41999 which was cheaper than this set.

Did anyone in Canada grab this set yet? Still says coming soon online, and Fairview said they would be available online at 12 midnight -12 hours ago.   Not sure if it was available online last night?

Oos ship in 30 now

Edited by kd123

18 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Oh really? Which one?

Pretty sure they just made Technic parts in Dark Blue for the first time. It was not a new colour.

True, but it is not difficult to make a brand new colour either.  You give the supplier the Pantone colour code and that's pretty much it.

I am very happy with the Orange as is.  I was just pointing out if TLG wanted to make a new colour, it would not have been that difficult.

12 minutes ago, lego rules said:

True, but it is not difficult to make a brand new colour either.  You give the supplier the Pantone colour code and that's pretty much it.

I am very happy with the Orange as is.  I was just pointing out if TLG wanted to make a new colour, it would not have been that difficult.

Oh I agree, but I think that to make a new colour for a single set is not in their best interest.

I called my local Lego store and they had still a couple left out of the 40 they received. They were sold out when I picked mine up just moments ago.

I'm starting to think they shipped the faulty stock to stores knowing they would postpone the online availability. There weren't initially supposed to be any stock in stores outside Germany and Austria.