42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

3 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

The exclusive content that comes with the unique serial is a certificate of ownership (with the name you specify and the serial) and some desktop/iPhone wallpapers.

I suppose the question will be how long that content will stay around for? If someone buys a misb example in 5 years time are they going to be without part of the experience?

• Like 1

So disappointed regarding release of this set.

1. A mistake in the instruction after 3 years of development of this set?

2. The press release saying only available online and very few stores on 6/1 turns out to be not true.

3. US online availability becomes non-exist on the first day (oos, ship in 30 days).

When did TLG become such a mess? Should we expect these things going forward now for all the new highly hyped sets?

Since I cannot get one quickly, I might just wait for the discounts then.

1 minute ago, yang said:

So disappointed regarding release of this set.

1. A mistake in the instruction after 3 years of development of this set?

2. The press release saying only available online and very few stores on 6/1 turns out to be not true.

3. US online availability becomes non-exist on the first day (oos, ship in 30 days).

When did TLG become such a mess? Should we expect these things going forward now for all the new highly hyped sets?

Since I cannot get one quickly, I might just wait for the discounts then.

Does it mean it is available today at all Lego stores?

For those saying "Ill wait for the discount" don't forget that this is classified as an exclusive. It wont recieve the usual technic discount. Just like any exclusive you'll have to buy a bunch of bargain gift cards and use store reward points to get any significant percentage off MSRP. You'll also have to wait three months.

There were still 2 on the shelf in the Cincy LEGO Store at Kenwood Mall at noon EST today. Clueless store clerk said that they had at least 8, if not more, when the store opened. Had to tell him these weren't even supposed to be sold in store yet, only Austria and Germany. Fun stuff.

BTW: I held the box, admired it, and put it back on the shelf. Not (yet) my time to buy one of these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTRC said:

For those saying "Ill wait for the discount" don't forget that this is classified as an exclusive. It wont recieve the usual technic discount. Just like any exclusive you'll have to buy a bunch of bargain gift cards and use store reward points to get any significant percentage off MSRP. You'll also have to wait three months.

I´ll sit it out thank you very much. We´ll likely have 3 years to pay full price for it and 200 euros is my limit so I´ll wait and see.

• Like 1

This more reminds me of tumbler and architecture studio demand. The porsche is much more difficult to produce en masse. I anticipate this to be sold out for long spurts until  TLG catches up on production. It seems to me TLG "set a release date" and didn't really take the steps to prepare enough for the demand... or maybe did it purposely to drum up sales?

7 minutes ago, landphieran said:

This more reminds me of tumbler and architecture studio demand. The porsche is much more difficult to produce en masse. I anticipate this to be sold out for long spurts until  TLG catches up on production. It seems to me TLG "set a release date" and didn't really take the steps to prepare enough for the demand... or maybe did it purposely to drum up sales?

No idea, but what we can see is some folk are already prepared to pay double RRP to own without waiting. What does that tell us about possible demand when it will no longer be made?

• Like 3