42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

5 minutes ago, bouncer said:

I sold the two I bought in less than 8 hours.  During lunch I picked up 2 more.  My lego store still has plenty in stock.  They only have 1 out on display, but the employee told me they have plenty more in the back.

Can you share what the profit was? Thx.

Sure.  I sold them for $429.  The lego stored allow me to make 2 separate purchases.  I paid full price on the first Porsche then used my points for a discount on my 2nd one.  I also got 2 fountains doing it that way.  My total profit was about $50 each.  It's not much, but it took me less than an hour of work from pickup to delivery at the post office.  I'm also racking up the SW points, that's just an added bonus.

Still less than 10 listings on EU ebay and those priced less than double RRP are going within a day of being listed. As I said before, if people are prepared to pay this for something that will become available in the future, it bodes well for performance post retirement. We are not talking about a 200 piece Ideas set either, this is serious outlay.

• Like 1

My wife was at the lego store today picking up a set for her nephew.  My wife over heard the manager talking to a customer about the Porsche and he mentioned that he has never seen a $299 set fly off the shelf like this.  Plus the store is not expecting anymore in stock for at least another 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, bouncer said:

My wife was at the lego store today picking up a set for her nephew.  My wife over heard the manager talking to a customer about the Porsche and he mentioned that he has never seen a $299 set fly off the shelf like this.  Plus the store is not expecting anymore in stock for at least another 2 weeks.

Reseller bubble

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:12 PM, tacsniper said:
Got 2 today at Lego store. There were about 6-7 AFOLs buying the same thing. I doubt these will last till the end of the day. People were grabbing them as soon as they are taking out from the stock room.

What do you mean by reseller bubble ;)

• Like 1

Emazers did give his opion on this set, as I have 1 already, and the set will be out for about 2 yrs I will have 10-20 of these. and where did I come up with that the set will be out 2 yrs, on one of the videos the guy from Lego was asked is this set Limited he said no, the set will be out like most other Technic sets thats 2 yrs give or take. so I will be getting one every month or so.   Ed

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's still the wrong color. I guess it should have been $green$.

I seriously don't want to long-term hold this thing hoping it will be $500 someday. The next "limited" Technic set will be right around the corner.

In EU it´s a pretty short term hold as they are selling for that now!

1 hour ago, beeblet65 said:

So does anyone know where to enter the code that comes with each set - 

Also, what do you get with the code?

Go to the lego technic web page and there you can use the code to access some wallpapers, screenshots and an ownership certificate.

21 hours ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, RI part 2.

even RI is now selling easily for 2x msrp on amazon - i'm almost out and i started with 40 -  RI's saving grace is it can be shipped anywhere in US first class for under $4  so have to come up with a new set to kick around.

fall back on everyone's favorite punching bag - exo-suit.

42056 is a little too big for a small fry like me to try and quickflip but i bet if you bought it, then waited for it to retire <gasp>, the price will go up and you will make money sometime in the future after it has retired.