42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

On 6/5/2016 at 0:18 PM, exciter1 said:

It's still the wrong color. I guess it should have been $green$.

I seriously don't want to long-term hold this thing hoping it will be $500 someday. The next "limited" Technic set will be right around the corner.

They already have the 24 hour in green and Ferrari in red... they probably picked orange so that they may sell more sets for parter-outers or MOCers. Or maybe they were kind enough to consider people's display shelves... adding orange in... so more rainbowy: Ferrari (or different line of collection, T1), Porsche, 24 hour (or Cooper), (Beetle)...

I'm 90% joking and seriously doubt they will come up with something purple. Well, maybe a Friends UCS Camper or Sports Car. Who knows.

A slick-looking black sports car won't be bad IMO. But they have the Tumbler covering that part of color spectrum...

Edited by cissi
  • Like 1

I think the non-direct fees cost cannot be understated, but every person chooses to view them different.  Time and gas to drive to "5+" Lego stores presents an additional cost.  Shipping supplies is another cost for such a big item that you want handled properly.  Risk of being mishandled in the mail/returned is a potential cost that should be considered.  Not much opportunity cost since the money is back to you so quickly.

On the other side, if you used several VIP accounts in the purchases you could have ~$150 in VIP points.  If you got a fountain with each, you could easily clear $15-20 on each of those to help net another $150-200.

Everyone looks at the QF differently, and to each his or her own.  I hope you got what you wanted out of your transactions @toni8284

Edited by Sfcommando14
clarifying
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I think the non-direct fees cost cannot be understated, but every person chooses to view them different.  Time and gas to drive to "5+" Lego stores presents an additional cost.  Shipping supplies is another cost for such a big item that you want handled properly.  Risk of being mishandled in the mail/returned is a potential cost that should be considered.  Not much opportunity cost since the money is back to you so quickly.

On the other side, if you used several VIP accounts in the purchases you could have ~$150 in VIP points.  If you got a fountain with each, you could easily clear $15-20 on each of those to help net another $150-200.

Everyone looks at the QF differently, and to each his or her own.  I hope you got what you wanted out of your transactions @toni8284

Very well written post SFC. The older I get, the more valuable time is to me. I'd rather be spending time with the kids or going golfing, etc. We don't know Toni's situation, so like SFC said, the way non-direct fees/cost are viewed differ for each person.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I'm in New York so sales tax often kills a lot of QF opportunities for me