42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

4 out of 5 of my local stores have these in stock. Flipped the two I bought on separate visits.

Can easily get more but one store tells me one per household, another says one per VIP account.

Do you guys think that one per VIP account means someone is going to look up my history under the VIP number and then say, nope, sorry you already bought one? I guess I can just go all cash but curious what everyone's take was. Thanks.

Edited by ichiroll

11 hours ago, Iluminadings said:

;););)

Tha fact that I got 13 doesn't mean that I will obtain superior profit. Since it will be maybe an unique Boxdesign I am speculating on that the value will raise very quick. Therefore I think I will retain some of them.

If you mean the box design on this first batch of 42056 will be different than the boxes on subsequent batches, I don't think you can count on any additional collectibility. Historically, this hasn't been the case from set to set. If you just mean the box design is pretty cool, then yes. I think it's a big winner and when it does go EOL or whenever LEGO Shop at Home runs out of stock, profits will be had. 

14 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

These are back in stock at lego stores in France and Uk. My friends in Paris and London have told me.

Looks like the quick flip window is closing

Hmmmm sounds bad. What can I do with that 11 left? Retain for later or send them back? In Germany it will be available in 30 days.

26 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

Hmmmm sounds bad. What can I do with that 11 left? Retain for later or send them back? In Germany it will be available in 30 days.

Try again in 5 years or so.

No seriously, 11 is a pretty large amount to have money tied up in. Unless you're rich of course. Either you flip them now or you keep them for a few years.

May I ask, why did you get that many in the first place if you weren't sure you'd be able to flip them? We already knew they were going to be back in stock in about a month or so.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ichiroll said:

4 out of 5 of my local stores have these in stock. ... but one store tells me one per household, another says one per VIP account....Do you guys think that one per VIP account means someone is going to look up my history ...

First.... you're the second guy who mentioned going to 5 or 6 "local stores"... can you please tell me where that is?  I'm just curious that's all... seems in most parts of the country, Lego stores are kind of spread out... is this in New York... New England area?

Re: buying more than one... obviously many people are doing it. I bought 2 in the same store, a few days apart. They "know me" there (by face anyway). In fact, I bought from the same cashier both times.  If you have a good relationship with your local store, buy lots there, and always respond to your store surveys, I think 98% of Lego employees will "look the other way" when you exceed purchase limits (within reason).

38 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Try again in 5 years or so.

No seriously, 11 is a pretty large amount to have money tied up in. Unless you're rich of course. Either you flip them now or you keep them for a few years.

May I ask, why did you get that many in the first place if you weren't sure you'd be able to flip them? We already knew they were going to be back in stock in about a month or so.

It was just last week. I've ordered on Saturday and hope that I'll get in mid of week but nothing like this. That **** Store explained me that they are extremely distressed by lot of orders and so on. I got my order today and lool forward what to do with these Sets.

Plenty on the shelves in Kent, UK Lego store as of 5 minutes ago.  Sets on Ebay are settling around the £345 mark (first week of release I saw them selling for £400) so once you take in to account fees and shipping the quick flip margin is getting smaller, plus there are 30+ listings so market is much more competitive for a quick flip.

First.... you're the second guy who mentioned going to 5 or 6 "local stores"... can you please tell me where that is?  I'm just curious that's all... seems in most parts of the country, Lego stores are kind of spread out... is this in New York... New England area?

Re: buying more than one... obviously many people are doing it. I bought 2 in the same store, a few days apart. They "know me" there (by face anyway). In fact, I bought from the same cashier both times.  If you have a good relationship with your local store, buy lots there, and always respond to your store surveys, I think 98% of Lego employees will "look the other way" when you exceed purchase limits (within reason).

Thanks for the reply.

I personally am referring to the NY/NJ/PA area.

And understood regarding your response to my limit question, thanks.

11 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Plenty on the shelves in Kent, UK Lego store as of 5 minutes ago.  Sets on Ebay are settling around the £345 mark (first week of release I saw them selling for £400) so once you take in to account fees and shipping the quick flip margin is getting smaller, plus there are 30+ listings so market is much more competitive for a quick flip.

Ebay had an special offer recently. Max. 5€ Fees just. But the **** shop send Sets too late. So therefore I could flip just 2.

1 minute ago, Iluminadings said:

Ebay had an special offer recently. Max. 5€ Fees just. But the **** shop send Sets too late. So therefore I could flip just 2.

Yes ebay offered me a similar promotion this weekend and therefore I listed a few sets, as did others no doubt, hence the increase as Ebays 10% takes a big chunk of profit on a £350 sale.  But looking a very quick breakdown I opted to pass for now as I can't warrant the time and effort for such a small margin return . . . 

Buy in  - £250

Ebay Fee - £35

Paypal Fee - £12.5

Postage - £20

Total - £317.50

Sale Price - £350

Flip the 40221 Fountain - £10

VIP Points - £12.5

Total - £372.50

Profit - £55 (give or take)

I'll pass for now.

16 hours ago, Iluminadings said:

;););)

Tha fact that I got 13 doesn't mean that I will obtain superior profit. Since it will be maybe an unique Boxdesign I am speculating on that the value will raise very quick. Therefore I think I will retain some of them.

Yours will be likely be worth less as they have the defective packaging. Unless you have local pick up, expect complaints from buyers down the line. Also, if you want to return them to Lego to minimise risk, what do you think buyers will do to you when the see they can get it for RRP? Open a SNAD on paypal for item not as described and get their money back!

Quick flipping works both ways so it´s fundamental to consider all the scenarios. People who got burnt on RI´s and Exos know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yours will be likely be worth less as they have the defective packaging. Unless you have local pick up, expect complaints from buyers down the line. Also, if you want to return them to Lego to minimise risk, what do you think buyers will do to you when the see they can get it for RRP? Open a SNAD on paypal for item not as described and get their money back!

Quick flipping works both ways so it´s fundamental to consider all the scenarios. People who got burnt on RI´s and Exos know what I mean.

That could be possible but I will take pictures before sending the Set. I have expirience with such trouble. By the way usually I hate paypal but my (new) Account is not trustful enough because I've never sold something. So people were careful to bid but paypal gives them safety. So anyway the next Set will end tomorrow. I guess I send a few of them back und retain just 2-3.

Meanwhile, in Europe prices are steadily falling as supplly exceeds demand. From 400 euros we are down to 370 and a lot of sellers are now using auction to make sure they get rid of them ASAP. Timing was critical and whoever listed too later or was too greedy is going to take a hit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Meanwhile, in Europe prices are steadily falling as supplly exceeds demand. From 400 euros we are down to 370 and a lot of sellers are now using auction to make sure they get rid of them ASAP. Timing was critical and whoever listed too later or was too greedy is going to take a hit.

Greed and the willing to take the chance are diffrent things. I have almos 0 risk. Why? I have 14 days to send my sets back. Of course during that time I have less money but at the moment there is no another chance to take.

1 minute ago, Iluminadings said:

Greed and the willing to take the chance are diffrent things. I have almos 0 risk. Why? I have 14 days to send my sets back. Of course during that time I have less money but at the moment there is no another chance to take.

Unfortunately these greedy tactics will continue to hurt the reseller community and normal buyers a like.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Unfortunately these greedy tactics will continue to hurt the reseller community and normal buyers a like.

People who sold 1 week ago for 500€ are not greedy? I sold for 370€ -shipping - paypal - ebay= 350€. Whats exactly greedy in? Of course I will use my rights to send back because the delivery was almost 1 week too late. Therefore it has damaged my strategy and in addition I lost a lot of time because I sent mails and call the supplier every day.

16 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Yep, return the shirt and pants too, since you won't be able to afford to keep them either if this keeps up.

"Sometimes it's better to wear it, rather than be **** over it."

image.jpeg

There's something that just seems a bit wrong to me with buying a large number of high value sets like this and then returning them just because you couldn't instantly sell them for an easy profit. How will you feel when someone buys several expensive sets from you then suddenly wants a refund unexpectedly after a few weeks and having accounted for the extra money? If I owned a store and someone pulled a similar stunt I would ban them from buying again from me. When stores start to get problems with returns like this, this is how stores procedures could affect other buyers generally going forward. Bad ethics if you ask me, but it's your choice at the end of the day. What if everyone did this though?

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

People that abuse return policies benefits no one in the end. Just like those people that returns a bunch of Funko POP to the big box stores because the retail box have tiny scuffles. Retailers are not here to play shipping back and forth games with customers. It cost them money and ultimately costs us all money and ever stricter limits and return policies.

Last thing we need is retailers come up with an address tracking system to enforce quantities per address.

3 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

There's something that just seems a bit wrong to me with buying a large number of high value sets like this and then returning them just because you couldn't instantly sell them for an easy profit. How will you feel when someone buys several expensive sets from you then suddenly wants a refund unexpectedly after a few weeks and having accounted for the extra money? If I owned a store and someone pulled a similar stunt I would ban them from buying again from me. When stores start to get problems with returns like this, this is how stores procedures could affect other buyers generally going forward. Bad ethics if you ask me, but it's your choice at the end of the day. What if everyone did this though?

I think that my English was enough too explain the reason for refund. The supplier excused often for being late and lied that my Set's will be send. In the End I have waited long time more than supplier promised. I don't care wether the supplier ban me. They know their foolish failure therefore it wouldn't surprise them if I sent back.

36 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

People that abuse return policies benefits no one in the end. Just like those people that returns a bunch of Funko POP to the big box stores because the retail box have tiny scuffles. Retailers are not here to play shipping back and forth games with customers. It cost them money and ultimately costs us all money and ever stricter limits and return policies.

Last thing we need is retailers come up with an address tracking system to enforce quantities per address.

What abusement? It's just the punishment for such a delay.