42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

3 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

Wtf abusement? It's just the punishment for such a delay.

If you suffer any form of a loss, why not take them to court so you can be properly compensated and teach them a lesson? I am sure you will make more that way than quick flipping lego ;)

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

What abusement? It's just the punishment for such a delay.

Let us know if they accept the return and give full refund. I know I wouldn´t but since they apparently broke lego´s own rules by selling multiple units to the same buyer, who knows how they will deal with this.

36 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

Of course I will use my rights to send back because the delivery was almost 1 week too late. Therefore it has damaged my strategy and in addition I lost a lot of time because I sent mails and call the supplier every day.

call your lawyer to take that to court. Lego should compensate your lost of time 

Edited by LegoEdison
tacsniper said the same thing :)

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Let us know if they accept the return and give full refund. I know I wouldn´t but since they apparently broke lego´s own rules by selling multiple units to the same buyer, who knows how they will deal with this.

10 minutes ago, Calli said:

May I ask who your supplier was? What's their AGB?

OK it's enough with you guys. It seems to me that some of you are like jealous. If I tell any lego retailer that I will achieve my aim and will get some of those Set's because he lied to me that it's  sold out for at least 2 months then obviously I do everything to get some of them.

Edited by Iluminadings

OK it's enough with you guys. It seems to me that some of you are like jealous. If I tell any lego retailer that I will achieve my aim and will get some of those Set's because he lied to me that it's  sold out for at least 2 months then obviously I do everything to get some of them.

LOL! Yes, people are jealous of your obnoxious behavior...

Ok, ok... let's not make it personal.

@Iluminadings There have been lots of members who come and gone or come and lurked on BP who buy up all the stock of a particular set, try to flip them for a profit, and return them to the store when it fails to materialize. We just simply don't condone such behavior because it causes retailers to tighten return policies which affect legitimate returns (i.e. normal customers, not resellers). It affects all of us in our daily lives and makes resellers look even worse to some folks.

I get that your supplier did not ship as promised, so I'll cut you a little slack, but did you tell the supplier that your intent was to resell for a profit and that their delayed shipping is causing your plans to fall through? Of course selling for 500 euros is a tad greedy... but it's not breaking any rules (maybe it goes against LEGO policy, but it's not illegal). Returning products you can't sell isn't illegal either, but it goes against the spirit of most retailer's return policies and is shady if not unethical.

*Just to cover the obvious backlash to come* .. Some resellers around these parts do legitimately return unsold product, but they've usually bought from a retailer who knew it was to resell or have a cozy relationship with the store in question which won't affect the larger market.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iluminadings said:

I don't think people here are jealous. Maybe if you got your sets two weeks ago people would have been jealous.

It seems like you took a big risk by getting those sets. I think people are trying to point out that you are basically abusing sales policy by returning these sets. The buyer promised you X amount of sets and you received them so really the only reason you want to return them is because you made a mistake by ordering them in the first place.

Returns are mainly used when you are unhappy with the product because it does not meet expectations or it is somehow damaged. Returning items because you made a mistake is frowned upon by a lot of people.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Ok, ok... let's not make it personal.

@Iluminadings There have been lots of members who come and gone or come and lurked on BP who buy up all the stock of a particular set, try to flip them for a profit, and return them to the store when it fails to materialize. We just simply don't condone such behavior because it causes retailers to tighten return policies which affect legitimate returns (i.e. normal customers, not resellers). It affects all of us in our daily lives and makes resellers look even worse to some folks.

I get that your supplier did not ship as promised, so I'll cut you a little slack, but did you tell the supplier that your intent was to resell for a profit and that their delayed shipping is causing your plans to fall through? Of course selling for 500 euros is a tad greedy... but it's not breaking any rules (maybe it goes against LEGO policy, but it's not illegal). Returning products you can't sell isn't illegal either, but it goes against the spirit of most retailer's return policies and is shady if not unethical.

*Just to cover the obvious backlash to come* .. Some resellers around these parts do legitimately return unsold product, but they've usually bought from a retailer who knew it was to resell or have a cozy relationship with the store in question which won't affect the larger market.

It doesn't matter wether the supplier knows I'm reseller or not. They have to send paid goods immediately. At the beginning of the offer they marked it as available. They did not managed orders good and were sold out after 2 days. But more interesting was that they hadn't any statement of delivery time which is usually forbidden in Germany. 

25 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I don't think people here are jealous. Maybe if you got your sets two weeks ago people would have been jealous.

It seems like you took a big risk by getting those sets. I think people are trying to point out that you are basically abusing sales policy by returning these sets. The buyer promised you X amount of sets and you received them so really the only reason you want to return them is because you made a mistake by ordering them in the first place.

Returns are mainly used when you are unhappy with the product because it does not meet expectations or it is somehow damaged. Returning items because you made a mistake is frowned upon by a lot of people.

I don't abuse anything. I'm just dissatisfied because of long delivery time and that's a serious reason to refund. Surely I would act different if got my delivery last week. 

I don't abuse anything. I'm just dissatisfied because of long delivery time and that's a serious reason to refund. Surely I would act different if got my delivery last week. 

Surely you would act differently if you could still flip them for a healthy profit!

My lego store had 8 in stock yesterday.  I picked up 2 more of them and already sold them.  I'm still making about $60 a flip for about a 18% return after fees and shipping in less than 24 hours.  I'm still debating on how many of these I would like to hold to sell later on after they go EOL.  According to the lego sales guy at the store these are still flying off the shelf.  I wonder how long after EOL will it take Lego to do a remake of this set?

24 minutes ago, Calli said:

I'm sure that there will not be a remake of this set, meaning the Porsche GT3 RS in lava orange. Another Porsche? Maybe.

You'd think if Lego is smart, they can pump some red or white or whatever sporty color bricks and make it exclusive to the Porsche and or Lego store. I'd demand that if I was Porsche as part of the license agreement and sell it for even more! Say $999 for a white one at any Porsche retail stores around the world. For that price, heck, I'll even throw in a certificate of authenticity lol

I highly doubt it will be much burden to Lego since they already have to pump out the pieces in Orange... so what is it to make smaller batches of different colours?

Edited by tacsniper

13 hours ago, Iluminadings said:

Hmmmm sounds bad. What can I do with that 11 left? Retain for later or send them back? In Germany it will be available in 30 days.

I was just in the San Diego store and they have these readily available at the moment.  It is still a max of two per customer per day; but at this moment I don't think investing is worth it.  eBay is already floating with them, and having a lot of them is just holding your cash flow up...

10 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Yes ebay offered me a similar promotion this weekend and therefore I listed a few sets, as did others no doubt, hence the increase as Ebays 10% takes a big chunk of profit on a £350 sale.  But looking a very quick breakdown I opted to pass for now as I can't warrant the time and effort for such a small margin return . . . 

Buy in  - £250

Ebay Fee - £35

Paypal Fee - £12.5

Postage - £20

Total - £317.50

Sale Price - £350

Flip the 40221 Fountain - £10

VIP Points - £12.5

Total - £372.50

Profit - £55 (give or take)

I'll pass for now.

Agreed.  But then all the amounts in $ of course...  I'm holding my extra two sets as well.

1 hour ago, bouncer said:

My lego store had 8 in stock yesterday.  I picked up 2 more of them and already sold them.  I'm still making about $60 a flip for about a 18% return after fees and shipping in less than 24 hours.  I'm still debating on how many of these I would like to hold to sell later on after they go EOL.  According to the lego sales guy at the store these are still flying off the shelf.  I wonder how long after EOL will it take Lego to do a remake of this set?

I'm not sure if they are ever planning on doing a remake of this set.  I don't think they will.  If they stop producing this set in, say, three years, it might take another year to sell through the production.  After that it's over.  And they will see how good the set was doing all that time to decide if they want to make another model like that, all or not from the same car brand.

This set isnt limited edition is it? My friend seems to think otherwise. I remember reading somewhere that this wasn't going to be limited.

He said that the wheels and rims are hard to make, like the Tumbler, which point to a short run and early retirement

1 hour ago, Nawoo said:

This set isnt limited edition is it? My friend seems to think otherwise. I remember reading somewhere that this wasn't going to be limited.

He said that the wheels and rims are hard to make, like the Tumbler, which point to a short run and early retirement

Early rumors were of a limited run due to the unique serial number on each license plate, but that turned out to be untrue. The serial number is a random string of characters.

I'm sure the wheels and rims are harder to make than the average given their size, but the Tumbler tires and rims are all in different sets now (the taller in the Unimog and Volvo loader and the wider in the Bat-Pod and Technic Drag Racer). The fact that the tires now appear in a regular Technic set like the drag racer suggest that even if they were hard to make, they have over come that problem.

I was able to reserve one for me at the Lego store in Cologne via phone today. He said they have a few in stock and that demand is still very high and I should reserve one.

Also, on amazon.de one reviewer wrote that it will be available for a discounted price at other retailers. Supposedly he will be able to buy them for 239 €. I thought it will be a Lego Store / LEGO Shop at Home exclusive? 

3 hours ago, Calli said:

I was able to reserve one for me at the Lego store in Cologne via phone today. He said they have a few in stock and that demand is still very high and I should reserve one.

Also, on amazon.de one reviewer wrote that it will be available for a discounted price at other retailers. Supposedly he will be able to buy them for 239 €. I thought it will be a Lego Store / LEGO Shop at Home exclusive? 

Only till August and they managed to screw that up pretty well!