42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

19 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Expected shipping date now 7th of November!

Yeah I also saw that this morning, maybe the QF window has just re-opened . . . If this 'November' stock doesn't surface and it get pushed back to after xmas the price could go through the roof for those that are holding!  Any one the reasons? Is it still due to the packing issue or just a huge demand?

Just now, Manse1001 said:

Yeah I also saw that this morning, maybe the QF window has just re-opened . . . If this 'November' stock doesn't surface and it get pushed back to after xmas the price could go through the roof for those that are holding!  Any one the reasons? Is it still due to the packing issue or just a huge demand?

I think it's just huge demand. This set has been the top seller for weeks now (at least over here).

Combine that with the delay in shipping for the initial order and it seems like they just can't keep up with demand. QF window might be open again, but I'd hang on till xmas too see what happens. It will be a popular gift and if there's no stock prices could increase.

I think it's just huge demand. This set has been the top seller for weeks now (at least over here).

Combine that with the delay in shipping for the initial order and it seems like they just can't keep up with demand. QF window might be open again, but I'd hang on till xmas too see what happens. It will be a popular gift and if there's no stock prices could increase.

Must've ramped up production since shipping date now bought in to 2 August.

13 hours ago, woodyhtc said:

Did they include the free gift card in the box?

No.  Per their email:

We understand how disappointing this may be for you and would like to give you a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. We’ll send the gift card as soon as your LEGO Technic Porsche ships. It will arrive separately and can be used towards a future LEGO purchase.

Edited by melting

14 minutes ago, the_shy_guy said:

Recived my toysrus Porsche today was shiped in the original Lego Box and got this :(

(pictures)

So it was double-boxed as well? You are more likely to get a damaged box with such a heavy and large set, but sometimes I wish they added extra protection to the corners, cause they are always getting smashed.

index.jpg

• Like 1

I was lucky to grab 2 of the first sets on 01.06 at the Porsche online shop. What's the main difference between the first sets and the sets without gearbox issues? Should i sell mine or hold on?

There is no difference in the gear box. All they did was reorganize the inner boxes to stop the instruction manual from bouncing around and smashing them.
  • Like 1