42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...

Not usual that I comment on receiving sets. However, I had the same feelings as yourself. I got both of mine in factory boxes (in the UK) and they were much heavier than expected. Definitely felt like I'd received a quality item (s).

Edit - They were a Tesco purchase a few weeks back. However, during the Tesco 3-4-2's I'd been receiving some stuff in plastic bags which was below their usual standard. These were cool though and were in a large box with the factory boxes inside, if that helps....

Edited by BarryZola

16 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Why on earth is this set so much cheaper in the UK? Also, are there any box differences between the US and UK versions? I am thinking about picking it up for £199.99 + £14.99 shipping and shipping it to the US. Worth it?

Go to the Smyths website and it's yours for £174.99.  Not sure if they'll ship internationally though.  Good luck.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-777/lego-technic/p-19783/lego-technic-porsche-911-gt3-rs-42056/

40 minutes ago, NJKelly said:

Go to the Smyths website and it's yours for £174.99.  Not sure if they'll ship internationally though.  Good luck.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-777/lego-technic/p-19783/lego-technic-porsche-911-gt3-rs-42056/

It looks like they won't ship outside of mainland UK and some other nearby locations :/ Do you happen to know if there are any manual or box differences between the US and UK editions?

25 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

It looks like they won't ship outside of mainland UK and some other nearby locations :/ Do you happen to know if there are any manual or box differences between the US and UK editions?

no, they are exactly the same.

Got all of my 3 4 2 Porsche's in Original LEGO cartboard boxes, nice touch. The box is heavy because instruction has few less pages than new testament (bible) same thing with Architecture Studio Box. 60% of the weight takes enclosed book.

28 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

John Lewis and George is selling for less than 180 quid as far as I know.

5 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

Ugh. Can't find any UK stores willing to ship to the US :/ Both of those have international shipping (supposedly) on certain items, but not the Porsche.

What about Amazon UK/FR/DE or Ebay UK? The strong USD should make it worthwhile.

36 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I snagged from Tesco before Xmas for £156. In all honesty I'm not sure what I intended to do with it, this thing is a beast in the flesh and looks fantastic, but I'm not a massive technic, but at that price I felt the need to bite the bullet!!!

Anyone hoarding one of these without actually building it and seeing the finished article is missing out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Does anyone think that this set will be discounted enough in the US to buy for around $200? I don't live near a TRU that has it in stock (so I can't use the coupon). Also, does anyone actually believe this is "limited edition"?

I could see it getting down to 30-35% off at some point. Big discounts on technic are not unusual. 

It's only limited to how many they can sell. This set was in development for 4 years, they are going to get their moneys worth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Does anyone think that this set will be discounted enough in the US to buy for around $200? I don't live near a TRU that has it in stock (so I can't use the coupon). Also, does anyone actually believe this is "limited edition"?

They had it for $260 on Amazon last week I believe, went in store and price matched it. I don't think I've seen this one get discounted much if anything at all. It's pretty rare so I jumped on it quick. It might be discounted one more time but I doubt it will be close to $200 tho..

And which TRU coupon do you have?

11 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

I believe @emazers got them cheap but I think he was using coupons. 180-200 should be ballpark once demand dies down, maybe even 150 on a good day.

21 minutes ago, Leopard said:

They had it for $260 on Amazon last week I believe, went in store and price matched it. I don't think I've seen this one get discounted much if anything at all. It's pretty rare so I jumped on it quick. It might be discounted one more time but I doubt it will be close to $200 tho..

And which TRU coupon do you have?

Actually, I was checking them out on eBay. I could get a 10 or 20% off. The print says that it excludes Lego hard to find though so not sure it it would work. My TRU sucks. It's kind of small and mainly carries a bunch of junk.