42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, citymorgue said:

Question guys.  I plan on buying this set later this afternoon, and I was wondering, for those that have built it recently, did Lego ever fix the gearbox mistake in the instructions?  Or do I still have to reverse it to make sure it shifts in order?

No, they did not because it doesn't shift as smoothly when placed corrected.  There are additional changes developed by a few members at Eurobricks which made the model much better.

• 3 months later...

I saw it yesterday on UK Amazon for the very same price with a not "on stock on November 16". Im scared to order it even for the prices VAT excl. (132 GBP + 6.7 GBP shipping) given the way how Amazon handles packages and how carefully they pack them. And this one - i can imagine that due to its totally luxurious feel noone would be enticed by a scratched or creased box..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, John82 said:

Hmmmm...

Tesco - Only available from third party sellers, request stock button removed
John Lewis - No longer available online
Entertainer - Discontinued
TRU - Only Available in a few stores
Smyths - Only Available in a few stores

easy they will be slowly restocking after Christmas frenzy.

1 hour ago, John82 said:

Hmmmm...

Tesco - Only available from third party sellers, request stock button removed
John Lewis - No longer available online
Entertainer - Discontinued
TRU - Only Available in a few stores
Smyths - Only Available in a few stores

It´s a popular set and discounts have been good. Having said that, with a new supercar this summer, it is likely EOL in the winter.

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s a popular set and discounts have been good. Having said that, with a new supercar this summer, it is likely EOL in the winter.

Yes I can't see Lego retiring this until the new supercar is out. But it does look like the supermarket chains won't be stocking much more. Tesco did stop stocking quite a few sets in the summer that have just been retired (for example AT-ST, Airport Show, City Square and some of the small Speed Champions sets). 40% discounts maybe hard to achieve again if the availability is restricted. Guess we will soon see, but a surprise summer retirement would be good.

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I cannot be the only one to read this as a bad HTML tag? Took me 3 tries before I noticed how the <> signs were used :)

<blink> I was just being lazy ;-) </blink>

33 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It depends on the buy-in. I'd return a <mint box if I paid RRP or close to it. If >3rd off then it's OK ;-)

but then you are offloading them for RPP after EOL, how you can justify the price selling such a shitebox.
especially knowing how picky and demanding are customers in UK. you do the paint job in your bunker later fixing dents and scratches?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Shewie said:

but then you are offloading them for RPP after EOL, how you can justify the price selling such a shitebox.
especially knowing how picky and demanding are customers in UK. you do the paint job in your bunker later fixing dents and scratches?

There'll be so many hoarded at low buy-ins that RRP may not even be reached. The 8110 Unimog still struggles to recover RRP after fees. Box condition shouldn't wipe >10% off the value (maybe 11% in the UK) - LOL. I now have one to build... at -50% in trashed box from Smyths.