42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

27 minutes ago, Tanukipdx said:

Around $200 or even sub $200 seems really hopeful.  I will cross my fingers though!  It would be a great find for that.  Outside of the Lego store, I rarely see these on the shelves though.  I am curious to see how they do. 

this  is a set to hold for years after EOL. after they have released a bunch of the serie. Youll see the price of the 1-2 rise up and the 3rd too but not has much...  This will be gold if retires after a 2 years maybe and a half and they release a new car every year. Higly collectible. A bit overpriced.. but prenium box and maybe a costly licence too, and i think theyll get new exclusif wheel at each models. The way they packet it, it wont be see else where(mags)

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

this  is a set to hold for years after EOL. after they have released a bunch of the serie. Youll see the price of the 1-2 rise up and the 3rd too but not has much...  This will be gold if retires after a 2 years maybe and a half and they release a new car every year. Higly collectible. A bit overpriced.. but prenium box and maybe a costly licence too, and i think theyll get new exclusif wheel at each models. The way they packet it, it wont be see else where(mags)

There's that word again.

Best to prepare for another huge turd that just won't flush due to too many bottoms rushing in to be seated on golden thrones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anomander said:

There's that word again.

Best to prepare for another huge turd that just won't flush due to too many bottoms rushing in to be seated on golden thrones.

Box is very nice. I am beginning the build of this set tonight.

Keeping two in long term storage. Hopefully Anomander is wrong......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anomander said:

There's that word again.

well, well see. but i was talking couple of years after retiring, like maybe 4-5.... well see if the collection is that awsome. It will

20 minutes ago, Summit said:

Box is very nice. I am beginning the build of this set tonight.

Keeping two in long term storage. Hopefully Anomander is wrong......

The Tumbler box was nice too and the model looks so badass everyone was buzzing that it would be a surefire winner, but....

...LEGO investors are like flies irresisitibly drawn to the most impressive turds/sets believing the bounties to be great. How can such a cool-looking set NOT be a winner? I mean no-one else is having this investment brainwave. These fly-by-nights quickly drain any vitality out of the prize.

Sure, long-term turdhoarding could yield something, but that something seems eviscerated of CARG in comparison to the 'hidden golden nuggets' that can be flipped quicky over and over in the same timeframe. 

Or the turd could just sit there stinking up the place long-term until you get tired of smelling it and dump it.

1 minute ago, TargetZero said:

well, well see. but i was talking couple of years after retiring, like maybe 4-5.... well see if the collection is that awsome. It will

Sure, it's guaranteed to rise in that timeframe but in this new age of the LEGO army of Warren Buffetts it sure won't be any 10179.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello does anyone have the weight of a factory sealed box?  Sorry if it is in the post, I tried to search for it.  Someone is offering me an open but complete box for $100.  just seems to good to be true.  want to check the weight if possible

Just now, Mgip21 said:

hello does anyone have the weight of a factory sealed box?  Sorry if it is in the post, I tried to search for it.  Someone is offering me an open but complete box for $100.  just seems to good to be true.  want to check the weight if possible

All boxes look to be there in pictures he sent

1 minute ago, Mgip21 said:

Have you checked Bricklink and Brickset? Both sites give weights for the full set.

Word of warning: The-brick-cloner-who-shall-not-be-named makes this set too. Make sure you get to see the bricks, and make sure they have proper LEGO logos on them. Do not go by box (and its logo) alone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Have you checked Bricklink and Brickset? Both sites give weights for the full set.

Word of warning: The-brick-cloner-who-shall-not-be-named makes this set too. Make sure you get to see the bricks, and make sure they have proper LEGO logos on them. Do not go by box (and its logo) alone.

Thank you!!  Ill check out the other sites

42 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks again! Got there and it weighted 2800g instead of the 5020g.  Guy said he buys storage units so he didnt know anything about legos and it did look good in the box.  He said he has a whole unit full of legos so I told him I love to check it out some time.  We will see

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, Mgip21 said:

Thanks again! Got there and it weighted 2800g instead of the 5020g.  Guy said he buys storage units so he didnt know anything about legos and it did look good in the box.  He said he has a whole unit full of legos so I told him I love to check it out some time.  We will see

Well, you can't leave us hanging. On the off chance he does have a storage locker full of Lego he knows nothing about it is your duty to find out and show your spoils if any...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Well, you can't leave us hanging. On the off chance he does have a storage locker full of Lego he knows nothing about it is your duty to find out and show your spoils if any...

Well he was able to find the rest of 42056 911 so I got it for $100 ? And it was complete.   But he hasn't let me come see the rest. I'll follow up tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder 

• 2 weeks later...

This set seems to have settled into a 30% discount window without immediately selling out, so I guess there will be even bigger discounts available next winter.

According to the BBC, this was the 3rd best selling Lego set in 2016 - despit only being on general release since August. If that´s true, it would tend to suggest the AFOL / big box set market is stronger than many of us had thought and that there will be strong post EOL demand.

Edited by Val-E