42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

Past and present, interesting to see the wheels line up exactly.  I don't collect Legos but I couldn't resist buying this after Wall-e brought me back.  I'd love to rebuild the Super Car set from the F1 Racer Alternative design, but I no longer have all the missing pieces.  :(. I do have the assembly book and the racer as shown tho.

Very cool non the less.

My observations; I wish there were two springs in the front on each side.  The front doesn't have the same springyness to it and ends up being lower due to weight(?).  I also wish you could see more of the engine.

Also, does the shell remove like it did during assembly with the red pins after its all completed?  I tried but it didn't seem meant to be.

Ds0tEAA.jpg

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

Past and present, interesting to see the wheels line up exactly.  I don't collect Legos but I couldn't resist buying this after Wall-e brought me back.  I'd love to rebuild the Super Car set from the F1 Racer Alternative design, but I no longer have all the missing pieces.  :(. I do have the assembly book and the racer as shown tho.

With bricklink (the website) and brickstock (the software) its fairly easy to restore old sets that are missing pieces.  I do it a fair amount with bulk lots that I find, and it can be a lot of fun---if you have the time.  If you are new to this, PM me and I'll help get you started.

11 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

With bricklink (the website) and brickstock (the software) its fairly easy to restore old sets that are missing pieces.  I do it a fair amount with bulk lots that I find, and it can be a lot of fun---if you have the time.  If you are new to this, PM me and I'll help get you started.

I will do just that, on my way into my office.  I'll shoot you a PM!  Whatever makes it easier.  :-D

3 hours ago, Dr. Brick said:
Just bought two of these at my favorite amusement park/shop and left two on the shelf. I may go back for thise since I get 10% off. $270 for these is not too bad, especially since I can hand pick the boxes

Strange that they don't keep them in the case box since they come one to a case, like my store does.

• Like 1

I just noticed that my VIP points for the porsche that I had received from LEGO Shop at Home still haven't posted to my account yet. Anybody else noticed that? I ordered mine on 6/1 and shipped on 7/25

They should be showing by now, give customer services a call, they are excellent and always willing to help from my experience.

16 hours ago, dcdfan said:

Strange that they don't keep them in the case box since they come one to a case, like my store does.

My store said it is now against company policy to sell them in the shipping box.  This is what I was told when I asked for a 10188 in its shipping box.

• Like 1

i really like this set and want to buy one to build and one to sell later when the set is retired . Now can anyone tell me if the first batch of this models will be any different form the ones sold in one years time ? Will the first few that are sold now have some special serial numbers or anything that would make them a more desirable product that ones bought in 1 year  time from now ? Or will it all be the same  will all models have serial numbers  ? will the serial numbers be random ?

Edited by wolfenn

Stopped by my Lego store today and they had 12 Porsches in stock.  I'll be picking up a couple more to flip so I can get the promotion set. 

Also so surprised an empty box for the Porsche is selling for over $100.  

To store your Lepin Porsche bricks in.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, bouncer said:

Stopped by my Lego store today and they had 12 Porsches in stock.  I'll be picking up a couple more to flip so I can get the promotion set. 

Also so surprised an empty box for the Porsche is selling for over $100.  

How do people even flip this? $300 + tax, sells for $360-$400 on ebay minus 10% is $360 and that's before shipping cost. Make like...10-20 bucks?

• Like 2

How do people even flip this? $300 + tax, sells for $360-$400 on ebay minus 10% is $360 and that's before shipping cost. Make like...10-20 bucks?

This has been asked ad nauseum about every set. Some people are happy making 10-20 bucks on a $300 set. I can't do it. I'd rather do less to make 10-20 bucks but to each their own.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

This has been asked ad nauseum about every set. Some people are happy making 10-20 bucks on a $300 set. I can't do it. I'd rather do less to make 10-20 bucks but to each their own.

Big risk takers. One lost in transit or scam and that's $300+ tax + shipping cost down the drain.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Don't forget PayPal fees.   I sold 6 Porsches when they first came out and I was making about a $75 profit per Porsche plus points on my credit card which to me made it worth it.  For a $20-$30 profit, I agree it's not worth my time unless a promotion is going on that will make it worth while. 

• Like 1