42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

1 hour ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

In case anyone was wondering, yes, Amazon does ship the Porsche with the outer Lego box. Came in minty fresh! Now to decide if I should QF or keep and build (bought it with credits/GC on Amazon for a total of $200 plus tax).

00295def724705bef0807dfe52cdb1ec.jpg

For $200 it's safe to build and display . I would keep the box and manuals in a safe place so they stay minty .

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, king156 said:

Why is everyone buying now? Surely this will be around for YEARS to come no?

Since Porsche is a VW company and probably under the same licence as the Camper, Beetle and Audi/Porsche Speed Champions, I would expect this set to be around for a very long time and I expect much bigger discounts in the future. It's far from exclusive and Technic (a turkey theme?) so I'm only buying one to build when it's cheap enough. It's too big a box to store long term IMHO and the QFLL window has closed.

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

Since Porsche is a VW company and probably under the same licence as the Camper, Beetle and Audi/Porsche Speed Champions, I would expect this set to be around for a very long time and I expect much bigger discounts in the future. It's far from exclusive and Technic (a turkey theme?) so I'm only buying one to build when it's cheap enough. It's too big a box to store long term IMHO and the QFLL window has closed.

Yeah that's what im thinking too, am seeing pictures of people hording these already mad!

16 minutes ago, king156 said:

Why is everyone buying now? Surely this will be around for YEARS to come no?

Who is "everyone"? In the US it´s 2x VIP which does strange things to people´s brains. In the UK, it´s 25% off at Tesco and that seems a fair price for personal build for the impatient.

For those that are waiting, might suggest taking a look at Chabel´s 919 LMP1 on Rebrickable. It uses mainly easy to find parts and has a proper, working sequential gearbox using a fraction of the parts in 42056.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Unless you can double them with decent promo sets like the London Bus, then double VIP please.

LB is a 20 euro set, maybe less when every man and his dog is flooding ebay with them, so Amazon/Smyths are probably better for larger sets and the 10 euro off coupon makes more sense for sub 100 euro sets.

Tesco´s 20% off plus clubcard points is still a better deal on the Porsche.

Edited by Val-E

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

LB is a 20 euro set, maybe less when every man and his dog is flooding ebay with them, so Amazon/Smyths are probably better for larger sets and the 10 euro off coupon makes more sense for sub 100 euro sets.

Tesco´s 20% off plus clubcard points is still a better deal on the Porsche.

I was thinking more smaller sets anyway. Smyths/Tesco etc. Are better for the exclusives they sell.

Guest TabbyBoy

My nextdoor neighbour recently paid £186 at John Lewis using Flubit and it got delivered in a proper box ready for reselling! I'm happy to wait until it's <£150.

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So T minus 9h for all those wanting to stack Dr Who/Caterham etc with LB and 10 euro off coupon.

Just the one Caterham I think as nothing could beat Asda's recent deal on Dr Who (£28). I wouldn't be surprised if the tenner off expires before midnight.

Edited by TabbyBoy