42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

2 hours ago, king156 said:

Never saw 50% off 10221 but ok

A bird in the hand is worth 2x VIP in the bush any day. With points you have to be an accountant to work out how to sum them up and spend them so as not to leave loads over. Then you will find that when you deduct your points you no longer qualify for free shipping and you end up buying stuff that you didn´t want/need in the first place just to make up the numbers. This accounts for 99% of all Chima key chain sales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a roller coaster ride this set has been!

Released in June, but Lego messes up box which results in damaged packaging when shipped to buyers, so lego dont sell the set online and only release at lego stores. QF highest price reached about £400-425. Set is then unavailable to buy online for about 2 months till lego change arrangement of box.

Lego exclusivity then ends after about 3 months, and set is then available literally in ever shop that sells lego in UK.

You can now pick this set up for £160 (36% off RRP). Will be interesting to see how low price will fall as now even the retailers are undercutting each other and it's a race to the bottom.

I've never seen such a big drop for big technic sets in the first few months of release. Even BWE has been selling for £120 already ( 33% off RRP) and that only released in August. 

Most technic flagships have a 2 year shelf life, this isn't the 2016 flagship (BWE is for 2016) however it should be around until end of 2017 at least. I think too much supply, too many discounts has killed this set for investment indefinitely (for UK anyway). It is a very popular model, and a fast seller so maybe those two characteristics can turn  it around once retired.

To be continued...

23 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

Is there any way to buy from the UK and ship to the US? I have seen zero discounts for this set here and I really want one for myself(the ultimate set for a petrol head like me). Seeing them priced at $220US at John Lewis is so frustrating 1f61e.png

We will get discounts in the US on this sooner or later. Just be patient. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I can buy the LEGO00ae.png Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS for 172.49 euros shipped.

I know this set might stay a long time on the shelves but nearly 43% off RRP is not a bad deal, even for long term.

Would you buy it ?

(it went down to 115 euros earlier today, I missed that, can't believe it)

1 hour ago, Pako said:

Hi everyone,

I can buy the LEGO00ae.png Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS for 172.49 euros shipped.

I know this set might stay a long time on the shelves but nearly 43% off RRP is not a bad deal, even for long term.

Would you buy it ?

Amazon.fr? I´d buy at that price, definitely.

2 hours ago, Pako said:

Hi everyone,

Would you buy it ?

it's a no brainer, i would pick has much has I can. and one for me, don't have it but will.

If lego wants to keep they brand integrity, the have to discontinu this sets after max 2 years, would be awsome end 2017.... if they release 1 each years, I predict if 5-6-7 years when there is 6-7 of them that the 2 or 3 first one will go up very much. Could be the 2nd or the 1st that tops. But if it is available for years ... it will be less collectible.. Sometimes I beleive we forget that they are aiming mostly kids, and remake are for them not for us. But product like this is aiming adult collector 100%. So I hope they are smart and make them rare enough to be highly collectible. 

Edited by TargetZero

I wouldn´t go crazy on them at this stage. In a few weeks we should know what technic sets are coming out in the summer and if there will be another supercar.  This thing could have  a T1 lifecycle and those are big heavy boxes which scuff easily. I´d adopt an Emazer type gradual buying approach.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I wouldn´t go crazy on them at this stage. In a few weeks we should know what technic sets are coming out in the summer and if there will be another supercar.  This thing could have  a T1 lifecycle and those are big heavy boxes which scuff easily. I´d adopt an Emazer type gradual buying approach.

at 43% off RRP, might not see this again.

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

I think we will. It´s well overpriced so there is margin to reduce it further. Tesco had them 3 for 2 at 200 GBP so it´s just a question of waiting.

I think the same, here the normal price is 229 euros and I wouldn't be surprise to see it below 200 quite often with special sales, plus the fact that it could have a long shelf life and that I am not confident 100% in Technic sets for ROI. I spent enough this year, gonna pass on this but if it goes down to 115 euros again or near, I'll get as many as I can for sure.

4 minutes ago, Pako said:

I think the same, here the normal price is 229 euros and I wouldn't be surprise to see it below 200 quite often with special sales, plus the fact that it could have a long shelf life and that I am not confident 100% in Technic sets for ROI. I spent enough this year, gonna pass on this but if it goes down to 115 euros again or near, I'll get as many as I can for sure.

The normal price is 329.99, not 229 ....