42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

12 hours ago, Furious_george said:

8 stores? My entire continent has zero LOL.

Dreamworld in Queensland is getting a the first Aussie Lego store very soon, construction commences this month.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/first-lego-store-in-australia-to-be-built-at-gold-coasts-dreamworld/news-story/46d3f4c3bd1900de60db7bc0ee689063

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

8 hours ago, Out of the Dark Years said:

Dreamworld in Queensland is getting a the first Aussie Lego store very soon, construction commences this month.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/first-lego-store-in-australia-to-be-built-at-gold-coasts-dreamworld/news-story/46d3f4c3bd1900de60db7bc0ee689063

A mere 4300 km from me. Can't wait. 

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

@dcdfan... $449.99 for all 34 sets, you have a deal! The bottom 30 will be worthless soon due to crushed boxes - LOL.

There has been a vast amount of improvement and changes for this model which I have been following over at Eurobricks.

Today Didumos69 has released all of the basic mods into one document.  After sitting with a sealed 42056 box for weeks now, I will be busting it open on the weekend hopefully to start building it!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=9a77513a12ea7001915875d75150a627&showtopic=137567

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Is this their first go at making Technic parts? Depending on the price, this clone might be popular among folk that don´t care to pay more for the premium packaging.

I have bought a number of chinese "building blocks" for myself (mostly non-copy train rolling stock) and I can assure you that the quality of the odd technic equivalent part in train sets is very poor.  The tolerances on technic is critical, more than with bricks; the problems with the gear box in the lego version would be nothing compared to this knock off - so avoid completely.

• Like 1

I was in my local Smyths today and they had two of these on the top shelf!!?! I was surprised as I had the understanding it was a Lego exclusive but apparently not!? Not showing on the Smyths website but I saw it with my own eyes priced at £249.99. I was going to purchase to flip on eBay as SAH is still oos but the price has fallen after the initial demand so after fees profit would have been minimal, but for anyone in the UK and Ireland who maybe after one for a personal build, it may be worth your while checking your local store....

2 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I was in my local Smyths today and they had two of these on the top shelf!!?! I was surprised as I had the understanding it was a Lego exclusive but apparently not!? Not showing on the Smyths website but I saw it with my own eyes priced at £249.99. I was going to purchase to flip on eBay as SAH is still oos but the price has fallen after the initial demand so after fees profit would have been minimal, but for anyone in the UK and Ireland who maybe after one for a personal build, it may be worth your while checking your local store....

Other independent uk stores have stated they are getting the new technic sets (bucket wheel, claas tractor, volvo set) plus porsche 1st august.

QF For this set has passed

• Like 1

The Disney Springs Lego Store in FL (only Lego store in FL?), had/has 13 of these, I arrived late last night 10pm to pick up one, 2 others had them as well.  They received a shipment on Monday and confirmed the shipping issue.  No mention of a part recall on the gearbox when I asked.

13 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

The Disney Springs Lego Store in FL (only Lego store in FL?), had/has 13 of these, I arrived late last night 10pm to pick up one, 2 others had them as well.  They received a shipment on Monday and confirmed the shipping issue.  No mention of a part recall on the gearbox when I asked.

There is not going to be a recall on the gearbox. Lego made a statement saying that it was designed that way for a reason pretty much.