42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

Porsche is a status symbol....I have two.

hahaha, always wanted to say that (well, for couple hours at least)...anyway, don't know what's going on, something with packaging, top heavy box or something, the longer they're gone, the better it may be for me, I may be selling my 2 orange babies soon...

Edited by Lordoflego

Porsche is a status symbol....I have two.

hahaha, always wanted to say that (well, for couple hours at least)...anyway, don't know what's going on, something with packaging, top heavy box or something, the longer they're gone, the better it may be for me, I may be selling my 2 orange babies soon...

A friend of mine had 2 Vettes, a Chevette and a Corvette.

• Like 1

On the UK site we have this comment. So looks like they are only fixing the packaging problem of the heavy book trashing the internal boxes.

We have experienced delays in shipping the Porsche and are working tirelessly to correct the issue. As always, our design team has focused on designing a premium product and we want to ensure that it arrives at your doorstep in premium condition.

1 hour ago, willbeesley1994 said:

You think it is going? Should i buy for investment now?

Just like the real car... this set just zoomed by. Next destination... retired product. Now wouldn't that be the greatest gift to those that hold.

This will be back once Lego make its minor tweak. At this rate, it should be a hot product for the holidays.

Edited by tacsniper

Dear LEGO® Customer, 

We’re really sorry to keep you waiting for your LEGO® Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We try really hard to make sure every LEGO set arrives in perfect condition and we’ve recently discovered that some boxes for the LEGO Technic Porsche are being damaged during shipping. We want to make sure LEGO fans ordering this set have the best experience, so we’ve decided to delay sending the sets until we’ve fixed the problem. Our teams are now working hard to improve the packaging and we plan to start sending out orders again in August. 

We understand how disappointing this may be for you and would like to give you a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. We’ll send the gift card as soon as your LEGO Technic Porsche ships. It will arrive separately and can be used towards a future LEGO purchase.

Alternatively, you may be able to find the Porsche at a LEGO Store near you. Although quantities will be very limited, the boxes are getting to our stores without damage to the package. If you’re able to find one and want to cancel your current order, please call us at (800) 835-4386. We’re here for you from 8am to 10pm EST, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm EST, Saturdayand Sunday.

Kind regards, 

Your Service Team

2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

What am I missing here? People don't like $25 gift cards...

It's not very often one pays full retail price on things, but when something comes around that you're willing to do so on, one usually wants it right away not so much in an unspecified time period of weeks/months/???.

$25 is a nice idea, they didn't have to do that... but still, I'd rather be building than waiting.  besides the gift card may or may not be useful, it may have an expiry date limiting your options, be $25 off regular priced stuff (which if you don't often pay retail then that may not be to your advantage at all anyway), might even be $25 if you spend $100 etc. etc. etc.    TLG really should have been able to better forecast any special shipping needs for such an item.

Alternative... Lego Store?  sure,  5 hour drive + 3 more in traffic once you get there.

oh well, all in the game...