42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

1 minute ago, legogregors said:

I really want that city park fountain(didn't think to force the promotion with a small item as it is being delivered as a gift).  I am hoping they set some aside but it seems unlikely...

The loss of that promo is what the $25 gift card is covering :)

12 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Normally they ship out the promo set if the regular set is not available to ship out.  They didn't do that this time?

I think only if you ordered another item that was in stock. Tip is to add a minifig or something from pick a brick to be sure.

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I think only if you ordered another item that was in stock. Tip is to add a minifig or something from pick a brick to be sure.

I usually buy the most during the Christmas promo season and I have had all promos shipped out without the set when it was out of stock.

Picked up another Porsche today and noticed it's now limit to 1 per household instead of 2.  I chatted with the manager today and he would be surprised if this is released in retail Aug 1, due to the backlog on lego.com.  The manager would expect the backlog to be taking care of first before putting this out in other stores.  I also noticed on e-bay the flippers inventory is starting to dry up.  Last week e-bay had nearly 60 listings for the Porsche using BIN and today it's down to 33.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bouncer said:

Picked up another Porsche today and noticed it's now limit to 1 per household instead of 2.  I chatted with the manager today and he would be surprised if this is released in retail Aug 1, due to the backlog on lego.com.  The manager would expect the backlog to be taking care of first before putting this out in other stores.  I also noticed on e-bay the flippers inventory is starting to dry up.  Last week e-bay had nearly 60 listings for the Porsche using BIN and today it's down to 33.

Agreed.  I noticed the same thing. Last time when I checked it was down from 66 to about 43 listings...  Maybe it's time to put mine on the list, but the shipping is killing the profit on this set.  

32 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

Agreed.  I noticed the same thing. Last time when I checked it was down from 66 to about 43 listings...  Maybe it's time to put mine on the list, but the shipping is killing the profit on this set.  

How much are you paying for shipping?  I've sold several of these and I'm only paying $10.60 with usps. 

31 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

....the shipping is killing the profit on this set.  

22 hours ago, Wimmer said:

.... Shipping is killing it and will be around $50.00 if you live at the north east coast.  Just saying...

Psssstt.... don't tell anyone... on eBay you don't have to sell "free shipping".... I sold three of them - all within 48 hours of listing - and my average shipping cost was $10 each.

I bought one today at the Lego store in chandler, az. The manager told me that they are not sold out but having shipping issues. When shipped the inner boxes can be damaged. They are only sending on pallets. The chandler store was very surprised to get 7 today. On launch they sold 42 the first day in stock and 72 within 4 days... Then Lego stopped shipping them. Just what I heard. Cheers. 

Edited by Deeslegostorey

Guest TabbyBoy

Does anybody know yet if the latest stock has the amended gearbox instructions? I'm holding off until this issue is resolved as I don't want to risk negative feedback a few years down the line. Could the "shipping issues" be to do with an internal recall of stock to fix the problem?

I love the look of the model and will probably only buy two, one to build and one to sell to hopefully pay for mine ;-) Technic doesn't do that well in the UK these days and any profit is often wiped out by fees and postage. However, this is a stunning set and it's worth keeping one locked away.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does anybody know yet if the latest stock has the amended gearbox instructions? I'm holding off until this issue is resolved as I don't want to risk negative feedback a few years down the line. Could the "shipping issues" be to do with an internal recall of stock to fix the problem?

I love the look of the model and will probably only buy two, one to build and one to sell to hopefully pay for mine ;-) Technic doesn't do that well in the UK these days and any profit is often wiped out by fees and postage. However, this is a stunning set and it's worth keeping one locked away.

The shipping issues have been reported as there is too much space inside the box for the very large instruction book to slam around and damage the inner boxes (and likely the instruction book and sticker sheet). I'm not sure how shipping by the pallet to stores would be that much different, but I'm guessing it's one of two things - the postal carriers who typically toss around the boxes are not helping or the fact that LEGO typically packs these sets vertically inside the LEGO cartons and when they ship to end-consumers from S@H they lay flat inside the boxes. Perhaps they withstand movement better if vertical.

LEGO's official position (so far) on the gearbox is "as designed."