42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Well, things like that can happen, of course, since this is the first time LEGO has ever packaged a heavy product in the last 50 years...

Quality assurance must have been sourced out recently - or given up entirely.

38 minutes ago, cissi said:

LEGO doesn't cover it? That's no fun.

This set is the one I am waiting to use my 20% TRU coupon on. I hope TRU got it in store soon! (Or... maybe not...)

My guess is that it will be $379.99 at TRU if they ever get it.  That 20% will get you close to retail.  TRUTH will give a final push to just under retail.

so I got home today after running some errands, and there was a decent size Lego box there on the porch.      i figured, wow, my Porsche is here already even though it was on back order (when i ordered it)     The shipping box was large, but not as large as a Tumbler in a shipping box which I am familiar with.   

anyways, i open her up and this is in it....   ????       I got my much valued wall stickers I ordered, along with my fountain to crash my Porsche into.....      but they also threw in a tank to bulldoze the fountain with???     is this a mistake, or something they do?       receipt says legoland ticket voucher, fountain, and lego friends wall.  total of $3.75   will the Porsche stil come?      (scratching head) pp

CEE045B5-67A0-4FBC-8FD5-119F95BFA3F5_zpsjhyr5f4f.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

...    is this a mistake, or something they do?       receipt says legoland ticket voucher, fountain, and lego friends wall.  total of $3.75   will the Porsche stil come?   

Based on the packing slip, I'd say the Porsche is still on it's way.

Re: the turbo tank... they just put those in there to help keep the stickers nice and flat... it's totally normal, and a free gift for you ;)

I talked to the store manager yesterday.

He was tell me why the LEGO Shop at Home is out of stock. The reason is the big heavy instruction book will damage the boxes surrounding it, when the UPS/Fedex driver throw them around. So all the stock that was for LEGO Shop at Home,they are sending to the stores to sell it.

Maybe they are working on the new packing inside (maybe instruction book at the bottom?). The expect delivery date of end of July.

So other than that, there is nothing wrong with the instruction or missing pieces.

This is FYI, you can choose to believe or not, it's up to you.

30 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

So other than that, there is nothing wrong with the instruction or missing pieces.

I watched JANG's review on the set. He did point out there's a mistake in the instructions.

At around 3:40-3:55. He did credit the fix to a Technic fan.

40 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

He was tell me why the LEGO Shop at Home is out of stock. The reason is the big heavy instruction book will damage the boxes surrounding it, when the UPS/Fedex driver throw them around. So all the stock that was for LEGO Shop at Home,they are sending to the stores to sell it.

Maybe they are working on the new packing inside (maybe instruction book at the bottom?). The expect delivery date of end of July.

This is FYI, you can choose to believe or not, it's up to you.

Yeah my store told me pretty much the same thing a week ago (Roosevelt Field, NY store)

On 10.6.2016 at 9:50 AM, toni8284 said:

I was told the same thing by a Lego employee in Chicago on Saturday.

Edited by Calli