42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

2 minutes ago, kobus said:

But why not:

C. Stick to the original release plan (LEGO Shop at Home) only till august 1st. And send the fix part packs/leaflet later.

That way you dont have to break any promise

That allows to discriminate your "clean" stock from your "bad" stock. Or maybe there's an entirely different problem in the production of this set that we don't know about.

1 hour ago, Silburned said:

I was able to pick one up at my Lego Store yesterday.  They still had it in the shipping carton.  On the top of the carton was a big sticker that read "DO NOT SHELVE before JUNE 1st. 2016". The sticker makes me think that the distribution wasn't a mistake.  I tried to buy 2 but the manager wouldn't let me.

My store manager also said they only got a small stock and are expecting a larger shipment next week, but take that with a grain of salt.

It only further illustrates my point that Lego keeps on effing up releases left and right.  It's become a damn headache (figuratively,) because they can't even release a set properly.

But again to my point, I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the fact of the matter is, it specifically mentioned online exclusivity, and only a handful of stores in Europe, and yet they are widely releasing it already?  Then what the hell is the point of the whole August release date?

I can somehow let go of them missing mistakes in the book, and stuff, but how the hell do you confuse your own release schedule?  One day all these mistakes are going to bite Lego in the ass, and it's going to give them a wake up call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kobus said:

But why not:

C. Stick to the original release plan (LEGO Shop at Home) only till august 1st. And send the fix part packs/leaflet later.

That way you dont have to break any promise

If you sell it online, you have a record (with addresses) of everyone you should send the fix to. If you sell it in stores, you put the onus on the customer to call in... A significant number of people will simply not know or not bother.

I don't care about the issues, this set is definitely on my list to get.

• Like 3

For those who scrolled through 19 pages and can't find the 1 post to clarify all the chatter.....what are the specific problems with the actual set that? Did Lego say they are going to fix and then reissue? I've got mine on 30 day baackorder online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

If you sell it online, you have a record (with addresses) of everyone you should send the fix to. If you sell it in stores, you put the onus on the customer to call in... A significant number of people will simply not know or not bother.

I don't care about the issues, this set is definitely on my list to get.

I agree with you. Just want to add: TLG is not that nice, they won't automatically send the fix to you even if you buy it online. You still need to call their customer service to get the fix kit. It happened to me on Wall-E, I ordered it online very early , then received no fix at all, eventually I called them.

14 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

For those who scrolled through 19 pages and can't find the 1 post to clarify all the chatter.....what are the specific problems with the actual set that? Did Lego say they are going to fix and then reissue? I've got mine on 30 day baackorder online. 

Gearbox instructions are duff - the shift pattern is 1,3,2,4 and there is a lot of friction that causes the wheels to lock when in gear (why there is a clutch included).

No fix offered as of yet - apparently it´s a "feature!"

MOC solutions are to swap a couple of cogs and replace a spacer with some bushes. The car has other issues too but apparently we are being over critical as it is only a 300 euro set with the title ULTIMATE that should only be displayed as a static model....

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

And if any complains, they warned us in the press release!

"According to Ferry Porsche, driving enjoyment is not created by comfort –quite the opposite is the case. Consequently, the LEGO model also features a few rough edges that give it identity and character, just like the powerful original on which it is based"

14 minutes ago, marcandre said:

In stock at Raleigh store. They even leave it the carton.

~~~Snip~~~~

image.jpeg

That's how I got mine from the Portland store yesterday.  Also the warning sticker that I mentioned in a previous post.

PS - Nice Zelda 3DS!

Edited by Silburned
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cubfan78 said:

There are a bunch at my local Lego store, although they are $30 more here in HI. I am in the fence about buying one. I would try and flip it, if anything but not sure it's worth the trouble.

And I was going to ask which of your local stores is my local store...but you're not in IL, Nowhere near lol

forgot that as much as Cubs suck (not this season), they have fans everywhere.

Edited by Lordoflego

According to some, Lego store employees are reporting that the problem is that the box the set is being shipped in is not strong enough to withstand shipping. They sent the existing stock for store pickup and are working on improving the shipping package so they can start taking online orders.

4 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

According to some, Lego store employees are reporting that the problem is that the box the set is being shipped in is not strong enough to withstand shipping. They sent the existing stock for store pickup and are working on improving the shipping package so they can start taking online orders.

Bah, sounds like a smokescreen to me. None of the reviewers mentioned any problems with the box arriving in bad condition compared with previous ones that did. They ALL mentioned the actual product design flaws, though so make of it what you will.

Quite a few more trickling onto ebay now so I expect that the highest prices were on day 1 - unless there is a real long term delivery delay.

I am still waiting for my shop-at-home (could be some time).  I wonder if the flexing of the model is causing the gears to lock up, ie strain in the bending of the axles.  I wonder if adding some universal joints may help.

19 hours ago, Phil B said:

As owner of an original Wall-E (pre wobble fix, pre final fix) I can tell you there is nothing wrong with a set that needs a fix, and LEGO will take good care of you once the solution is out there. All it takes is a call to Customer Service when a fix is ready.

Correct.  This was also the case with 8043, the excavator.  The linear power functions on those original sets had a fault in them too.  They fixed those real fast and shipped them within 5 days after toe very one who had an original set...

I'm also about to start my box 2 on the Porsche, and I'm enjoying it a lot as well.  Me and the son are building together, so that's an extra bonus; family time.  I built the gearbox with the fixed gearing placing,... I'll see what is does to driveability of the car.  That statement that they did it on purpose that way is like a slap in the face of everyone who knows cars, and Porsche in particular.

But I'm happy as can be with this set...

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Bah, sounds like a smokescreen to me. None of the reviewers mentioned any problems with the box arriving in bad condition compared with previous ones that did. They ALL mentioned the actual product design flaws, though so make of it what you will.

Quite a few more trickling onto ebay now so I expect that the highest prices were on day 1 - unless there is a real long term delivery delay.

Not completely true.  I picked up two boxes in the San Diego store and was was completely damaged when they gave it to me.  Of course they were cool about replacing it...

But I do agree to some point that the protective cardboard box is flimsy, but everything helps though...