42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You know you are too old for the QF game when you think long and hard about making $20 profit on $320 purchase :drag:

It's a little more profit than that ;)  Lego store had plenty in stock and the store is on my way home so i'm not driving out of my way to pickup additional sets.

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Forget y'all, I'm listing one for some $600 :) 

.....need to think of a $200 item description now...

You mean something like... Hard to find, Ultra Rare, Exclusive LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS Building Kit. Get Yours NOW before it Retires! ;) 

Shipping and Handling extra. LEGO Creator Fountain promotion kit not included. :P 

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I got $547 w/shipping on Amazon. Pretty happy with that. Almost pays for mine!!

Only thing I worry about with Amazon is buyer will build the one you sold them, then get one from LEGO then return your open box set. Even worse if they don't ship back all the pieces, so you can't even build it for yourself.

Edited by tacsniper

8 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

What kind of math are you using here? Amazon fees are really high. I get what you're saying but those numbers don't add up.

I had saved some VIP points to help my total purchase price.

Sorry...that was pretty vague math.

Edited by odysea11
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Only thing I worry about with Amazon is buyer will build the one you sold them, then get one from LEGO then return your open box set. Even worse if they don't ship back all the pieces, so you can't even build it for yourself.

60 days return policy?

18 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

You mean something like... Hard to find, Ultra Rare, Exclusive LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS Building Kit. Get Yours NOW before it Retires! ;) 

Shipping and Handling extra. LEGO Creator Fountain promotion kit not included. :P 

Lol, yeah, that or on LEGO Shop at Home it sells for $299 with 3 "exclusive" tags, I figured $100 per one "exclusive" tag, I'm gonna have 6 x exclusive tags...wait, why stop there...

5 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

60 days return policy?

Amazon's standard return policy is 30 days for buyer change of mind. No limit if they claim if it is "defective." Buyer pretty much always win. All they have to say it was missing a piece to complete the build if it comes to A-Z claim.

Buyer can always initiate the request for return before 30 days and can take their sweet time to sent it back. So they can wait for LEGO Shop at Home's 30 days window to get their delivery.

Edited by tacsniper

All depends on your risk tolerance. Some are brave enough to list their UCS MF on FBA so whats a $300 loss should someone screw around. To some, a $300 loss maybe too much a set back and better off selling on CL. Hope they will at least meet inside a McD or a mall so they don't get rob. 

Official Lego statement about gearbox issue - smacks a bit of Wall-E´s drooping head V1.0

Thank you to all our dedicated fans for the comments regarding the GT3 RS by LEGO Technic.

It is correct that the gears in this model are not sequential as in the real Porsche PDK. This is however, a deliberate decision taken to ensure that we make the best possible LEGO version of this amazing car that both meets our design requirements and gives everyone a great building and product experience.

It was a considered decision taken during development that the gears running in the correct order meant that it did not result in a great experience when driving the car. Too many gears are engaged at the same time and smooth running with all those tolerances is just not possible.

If you switch the build in steps 267 and 269 the gears will run sequentially, and everyone who feels that this is the better solution should feel encouraged to do so.

LEGO Technic really is the ultimate open source design product and now that it is finally available, we look forward to seeing all the ‘improved’ models our fans create. After all, that is what LEGO building is all about.

We hope everyone will have a great building experience and feel a strong sense of pride from creating both our version and their very own LEGO Technic representation of a Porsche GT3 RS. We are very fortunate to have such skilled and dedicated fans that can spot this small deviation from reality and would like to thank everyone for sharing their ideas and expert knowledge.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

It is correct that the gears in this model are not sequential as in the real Porsche PDK. This is however, a deliberate decision taken to ensure that we make the best possible LEGO version of this amazing car that both meets our design requirements and gives everyone a great building and product experience.

It was a considered decision taken during development that the gears running in the correct order meant that it did not result in a great experience when driving the car. Too many gears are engaged at the same time and smooth running with all those tolerances is just not possible.

Wow, just wow... Who is seriously going to believe that?

Edited by Pomodoro

28 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

Wow, just wow... Who is seriously going to believe that?

Its annoying, but I don't understand why its not 'believeable'.

It makes more sense than them having spent all this time designing a product and having screwed up the instructions and it getting through quality control that way. 

Does this explain why reviewers have struggled with drive in some gears when they have corrected the gearbox?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Its annoying, but I don't understand why its not 'believeable'.

It makes more sense than them having spent all this time designing a product and having screwed up the instructions and it getting through quality control that way. 

Does this explain why reviewers have struggled with drive in some gears when they have corrected the gearbox?

Well, the car drives just fine with the correct sequence, it doesn't add that much friction to switch the shafts, the shifters are more of a problem than the gearbox, they require a lot of strength and put some parts under a huge amount of stress. 

Edited by Pomodoro

11 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

At the Frankfurt Lego store now. 50 sets sold in 30 mins yesterday. 

No more restock till Lego sorts out the problem. She estimated abt 30 days

So they publish a statement staying that it's not a bug, it's a feature, but the store employees are telling customers that they need to fix a problem before they restock. Great damage control from TLG, outstanding work :rolleyes:

Edited by Pomodoro

I bought one from the lego UK store when it said ship in 30 days at 7-30am UK time, got the standard message about "out of stock - will send ASAP".   Lego has been a bit quiet on this one, I think someone has messed up.  I am only small time investor - so 1 is OK for me after I sold a 41999 at a good price.

Will spend the rest on Big Ben set.

Edited by TomOOO
add an additional text relevant to post

It blows my mind that Lego stores in the US are selling these.  Lego had made it pretty clear that it was an online exclusive only and it wouldn't hit stores until August.

That's fantastic for those that have received one, but it blows my mind that Lego can have SNAFU after SNAFU, and can't even hold their own word.  I can't help but shake my head every time Lego screws up a launch that is always anticipated.

FOR SHAME LEGO!!!!!

• Like 1