42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

13 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

This set especially.  This set is highly hoarded.  There will be many MISBs waiting to be sold.

Many MISB sets that very bought at 30% off that is. In Europe this set is available everywhere and it's constantly sold with a large discount. Not a good long-term investment from my POV. Post-EOL selling all those hoarded units (for well under MSRP) might just take as long as a remake takes to come out. Add the hassle with the big black box...

16 hours ago, Shewie said:

but then you are offloading them for RPP after EOL, how you can justify the price selling such a shitebox.
especially knowing how picky and demanding are customers in UK. you do the paint job in your bunker later fixing dents and scratches?

I've not found UK customers to be picky at all.  Fair enough if you advertise as MISB and demand a premium then you may get a complaint if it falls below that but that's only fair. 

I tend to list all my items as NISB with a proviso that if you are after a mint box further checks and photos can be provided before purchase if messaged. I've had one person contact me to make sure an item was mint and it was for the TRU bricktober Ninjago Minifigures. I would say most of my sales are either to collectors who want to build or people buying presents for family & Friends. I've not had a single complaint  about box condition on an item I've sold in the UK or Europe.

For items with a good amount of box damage i either part out or list at 10% below current asking prices, in most cases if a sets value has gone up and v is ib demand the damaged set quickly sells. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

My sets are in "excellent retail condition" unless stated otherwise. Any blemish or dent is always shown. If a customer asks if a box is mint, I'll say "No, but it's as good as what you'll see on LEGO's shelves" unless they want to pay to have the box officially graded. I've only ever had a 10179 and 10221 graded so far at a cost of £100 extra. If I sold a Porsche with small scratches on the matt box, I'd mention/photograph them and undercut others by 5%. I price to get rid, simples ;-)

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, TabbyBoy said:

... . I've only ever had a 10179 and 10221 graded so far at a cost of £100 extra.. 

Do I understand it correctly that you ordered some 3rd party "appraisal/evaluation study" for the actual visual state of the box that cost you 100 quids?

• 3 weeks later...

lol anyone who has both Porsche and Bugatti, which one do you prefer if you were to get one of them for building and display? or should I spend it on other things. Better yet, should I save money all together?

Edited by lebrick

42 minutes ago, lebrick said:

lol anyone who has both Porsche and Bugatti, which one do you prefer if you were to get one of them for building and display? or should I spend it on other things. Better yet, should I save money all together?

About 1/2 way through the Bugatti. If I were to pick one it would be the Porsche. To me it was just a better build and I love the orange for display purposes. Just my honest opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tacsniper said:

Just fielding opinions, how much more life you guys think this set have?  I personally think there is at least another year. I can't imagine they put so much into design and license just for two years.

I donno, both Walmart and Costco Canada seem to be dumping stock at 20%+ off on a set that has never been discounted. Possibly a sign that this set is on the way out...or just trying to reduce stock.

4 hours ago, eliminator said:

I donno, both Walmart and Costco Canada seem to be dumping stock at 20%+ off on a set that has never been discounted. Possibly a sign that this set is on the way out...or just trying to reduce stock.

Ya, I took it as a sign of EOL soon. Just this set didn't make sense to have the standard 2 years as I imagined LEGO spend a few more bucks on design and license and would want to milk it for at least one, if not, two more years.