What did you do today?

17 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

A good number of people who tried a charge back with their CC reported success, initially. They got there money back but then two or three months later their CC recharged them. The current thinking on the forums is that Airbnb provides something to CC companies that invalidates the chargeback.

CC company will always initially side with you and provide a tentative credit back to your account for the disputed amount.  After they contact the vendor and hear their side of the story the CC company makes a final decision (recent case took 3 months for me when a summer camp that was canceled and also filed chapter 11). This step obviously is very case-by-case as I would think many people abuse the chargeback option so mixed outcomes should be expected when grouped altogether.

I still believe if you think you have a valid case, explore the option at least w/ your CC..ask them...they may have advisors you can consult with.

I went golfing with the guys yesterday. Played ok/sorta but I really need to a lot play more. Not much better than Fall golf with some beers. The extended Summer season is winding down so we stopped to eat. We sat outside which was great overlooking the harbor but the dredge had arrived this week and was hard at work. Every once in awhile you'd get a nice whiff when the wind changed direction. 

• Like 3

Just now, oneknightr said:

Went to Yosemite on Saturday. Here's of pic of me and the kids in Yosemite Valley with El Capitan on the left and Half Dome all the way in the back. I haven't been back in 20+ years and it was our kids' first time. We had a great time hiking a few trails. The air quality wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad either. We also got to see a couple of bears (from far away), and one even climbed up a tree! We were surprised at how fast and easy it did it. 

yosemite.jpg

That's awesome man, great pic

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had my year end review with my boss today. Apparently I'm an outstanding employee and people only have great things to say about me.

If only they knew....
Buying some Lego's, Buying some Lego's, Read Brickpicker, Reply to messages, Help Delivery Driver, Join Meeting, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Lunch, Reply to Messages, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Reply to messages. Repeat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I had my year end review with my boss today. Apparently I'm an outstanding employee and people only have great things to say about me.

If only they knew....
Buying some Lego's, Buying some Lego's, Read Brickpicker, Reply to messages, Help Delivery Driver, Join Meeting, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Lunch, Reply to Messages, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Break down boxes, Reply to messages. Repeat.

I, too am a great employee, per my recent performance review, following which my supervisor let me know the company will NOT be issuing any raises this year because Covid...tho the company did fine through it (our region met pre-CV goals; and almost never do that).  Poor, Good, or great it's always been 3% anyway...so I really don't see the point of these reviews (I now it's more for company liability and HR BS) other than annoying the hell out of me.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan