What did you do today?

8 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Got any tips you learned to help out a person who is going to buy a car soon?

Sometimes, it's easier to buy a new car versus a used car. My dealer wanted the whole cost up front so that's why it took some time.

• Like 1

The car shopping/buying experience is one of the most miserable things to do on this planet as an adult.

The buying experience for my (new) Tesla model 3 was fantastic. Everything online, a few phonecalls to arrange financing (I went 3rd party vs using Tesla’s recommended banks), a couple of weeks later my car was ready for pickup.

And when my wife didn’t like the white interior in the model I had chosen once she saw it, they just removed the match from my account, and 2 weeks later a new car was ready (the one I drive now). No hassle, no fighting with sales people, just an effective transaction where I knew what to expect every step of the way.
  • Like 3

My wife used to sell cars so she handles the negotiations, I know that's not very manly, but it's part of our technique. 

We run a good cop/bad cop situation.  I buddy up to the salesman, listen to all their BS, act line I'm on the hook, and then suddenly hand off the deal to my wife.  She beats them up on price, having a good idea on what the margins should be, and then if we can't get to an agreement, we walk. 

You have to be willing to walk, they will call.  They always call. 

• Like 7

Couple things...

My ice maker in the freezer seems to be overflowing and freezing water on the back of the freezer.  Service tech came today and suggested it was the water inlet pump having an issue in knowing when to stop and it is overflowing (we have really hard water in my city that wreaks havoc on appliances).  Makes sense because I AM getting ice, but getting excess water freezing on the tracks and rear wall.  Guy was nice, told me what part I needed, how to install it, and told my I just saved about $300 by not paying him!

Other thing was bought a new RC plane (Timber X - 44" wingspan) from Horizon Hobby.  Yesterday, couldn't get much lift upon initial take off (I think my old batteries I was using need to go...) so I brought it down right away but a little rough and fast and at a slight angle and broke the prop in the parking lot.  SO MANY hobby parts are on backorder (from China I'm sure) and that includes this prop so I think I'm out of the skies until I can complete repairs.  I have two new batteries on order as well.  Just stinks that I can buy the plane for $250 yet one broken $5 part and I'm stuck... Patience will prevail, I'll receive what I need in due time.  I'm still troubleshooting exactly what happened.  I'm a fairly skilled RC pilot have flown for years, doing tricks, etc.  This one still doesn't make complete sense as to what happened.

Timber.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...I’m still scratching my head regarding both of those plays. Terrible officiating aside, the Packers didn’t do enough to win. Only 7 points off the three Brady picks won’t cut it. The absolute trash defense at the end of the first half pretty much told me how this game was going to end. F Tom Brady. Go Chiefs or Bills.

• Like 2

What impresses me most about TB12 in this day in age?!?  How many QB's have left upto 100mil+ on the table to spread around to the rest of the team? Not only did his play elevate the Pats, his willingness to restructure and never taking a max contract is something always overlooked when talking about his legacy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BricksBrotha said:

What impresses me most about TB12 in this day in age?!?  How many QB's have left upto 100mil+ on the table to spread around to the rest of the team? Not only did his play elevate the Pats, his willingness to restructure and never taking a max contract is something always overlooked when talking about his legacy.  

You can do that when your wife makes more than you do.

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen earned roughly $45 million a year and her husband New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady earned $27 million over the past year, according to Forbes.

11 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Idk, I wouldn't fault him either if he had choose to max out.  As I fan I love it, but you never know how you would feel unless you were in their shoes.  10 Super Bowls was no guarantee, but it sure put him in a good position to win every year and have a great career.  But he could have easily left $100 mil on the table, been on a loosing team, and had a sub Hall of Fame career for reasons beyond his control.  We all have to evaluate the risk/reward for the decisions we make (us Brickpicker's included 🤪).  I'm happy it worked out for him.

Edited by gmpirate

20 hours ago, marcandre said:

You can do that when your wife makes more than you do.

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen earned roughly $45 million a year and her husband New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady earned $27 million over the past year, according to Forbes.

From the surface I'd agree with your statement. Maybe chasing a paycheck becomes less of a priority when you are not the breadwinner in the household. But to do it in a day where max and super max contracts is all the talk and reputation on the line not to mention masculinity in the eyes of peers, plus all the talking heads coming at you year in and year out for 20 years. This to me seems INCONCEIVABLE!!  

The way I see it,  he has had 3 separate hall of fame careers 

00-06 - 3 Superbowls, 2 superbowl MVPS, 3 pro bowls

07-14 - 7 pro bowls 2 League MVPs 3 AFC Champs, 1 Superbowl

15-20 - 4 pro bowls 1 League MVP 2 superbowls   

3 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

From the surface I'd agree with your statement. Maybe chasing a paycheck becomes less of a priority when you are not the breadwinner in the household. But to do it in a day where max and super max contracts is all the talk and reputation on the line not to mention masculinity in the eyes of peers, plus all the talking heads coming at you year in and year out for 20 years. This to me seems INCONCEIVABLE!!  

The way I see it,  he has had 3 separate hall of fame careers 

00-06 - 3 Superbowls, 2 superbowl MVPS, 3 pro bowls

07-14 - 7 pro bowls 2 League MVPs 3 AFC Champs, 1 Superbowl

15-20 - 4 pro bowls 1 League MVP 2 superbowls   

Yea but Pats were a bunch of cheaters. Stamp an asterisk right on his butt chin in Canton.