What did you do today?

I was finally able to snag and appt and got my vaccine yesterday! Got the single shot J&J. 

Thanks to all the military, firefighters, and nurses there who made the process fast, efficient, and practically painless! Their the real heroes. ❤️

On a side note, I didn't know the Oakland A's season opener was yesterday as well. I waited in the tailgate line for a minute before realizing I was in the wrong line. Doh!

vaccine1.jpg

vaccine2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I got to go to see Endeavour space shuttle and also The Art of the Brick at California Science Center today. It was great, could also have been as it was our first proper day out in a year too! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend 😊

IMG_20210402_114816276.jpg

IMG_20210402_201623996.jpg

IMG_20210402_114536321.jpg

Edited by jdr159
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

The Art of the Brick is a really cool exhibit. My wife and daughter and I got to see it in Myrtle Beach, SC several years ago. We loved it.

Yeah, I was excited to go and it turned out to be better than I expected! We were also lucky that with the limited capacity there was hardly anyone there.

• Like 1

On Friday I gave myself a mild concussion hitting my head on the back hatch latch "tooth" on my new C-Max while loading my car at Meijer. Notably the hatch opens up to a perfect height, but I started closing it but then realized I wanted another bag to put it the side for the Lego I was about to pick up there, so it was 4-5 inches lower than usual. I grabbed the bag and backed up fast and wham, knocked the sunglasses off my face and down I went. I didn't lose consciousness, at least, and luckily I had JUST bought Tylenol.

On the plus side I managed to make it home with the Lego I ordered for store pickup with a 30% off toys coupon I got in the mail.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

On Friday I gave myself a mild concussion hitting my head on the back hatch latch "tooth" on my new C-Max while loading my car at Meijer. Notably the hatch opens up to a perfect height, but I started closing it but then realized I wanted another bag to put it the side for the Lego I was about to pick up there, so it was 4-5 inches lower than usual. I grabbed the bag and backed up fast and wham, knocked the sunglasses off my face and down I went. I didn't lose consciousness, at least, and luckily I had JUST bought Tylenol.

On the plus side I managed to make it home with the Lego I ordered for store pickup with a 30% off toys coupon I got in the mail.

I think I speak for all of us ... was the LEGO undamaged?

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 6:13 AM, Phil B said:

I think I speak for all of us ... was the LEGO undamaged?

ha ha...one time a "buddy" of mine drove over my foot at a gas station...I never dropped my McDonald's soft serve cone...Funny connecting story...few years back was at Dallas Airport on a stop over and my boy was acting afool like most 4 year olds do standing on top of the airport seats...anyway he fell and did a full faceplant...casual observers were noting...wow..he still held on to his ice cream cone and never lost a drop.

reserved pfizer and J & J vaccines. 

made myself miserable debating the merits of each one endlessly. Finally chose pfizer. Unfortunately, Walgreens was total amateur hour. took 3 hours to get it. feel fine. after wasting all that time would have chosen j & j if i could do it again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

after wasting all that time would have chosen j & j if i could do it again.

Getting my J&J one and done shot tomorrow. Since I already had Covid, my doctor considers that my first inoculum. Lots of anecdotal evidence of people who've already had Covid getting knocked on their ass by the second shot. Glad I was able to reserve a spot at Walgreens. Hopefully they'll have their act together...

• Like 2

Got the J&J Thursday. On Friday, I had a low grade fever. Took some Tylenol and felt fine after an hour. I've been fine every single day since.

I was on the fence about J&J due to it's efficacy compared to Pfizer and Moderna, but after reading the article below, I went with it and am glad I did.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/03/04/973436193/got-questions-about-johnson-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-we-have-answers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Went into the office for only the second time this calendar year. Actually have to put in another appearance tomorrow.

Then I hope to be back in my hidey hole for a good long time again.

I've been begging to go back into the office.  We're about to go into a 25% capacity phase, so hoping I can start going in soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've been begging to go back into the office.  We're about to go into a 25% capacity phase, so hoping I can start going in soon.

Not begging but I’m certainly sick of using my man cave as a work from home office. 

Over the past few weeks, I have had numerous customers (both young and old) that it was their first day out in public in over a year.  My business (car wash) seems to help people transition into going out into stores and public venues.  It sounds silly, but in many ways people have been looking to return to their normal routines without exposing themselves to others, and a car wash is a great way to do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

Over the past few weeks, I have had numerous customers (both young and old) that it was their first day out in public in over a year.  My business (car wash) seems to help people transition into going out into stores and public venues.  It sounds silly, but in many ways people have been looking to return to their normal routines without exposing themselves to others, and a car wash is a great way to do it.

It's been business as usual here.  We still haven't been eating in restaurants and such, but we still go out, run errands, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc.  We have even had a few vacations to the beach during the pandemic.  My son and I went to see "The Empire Strikes Back" during it's theater re-release (then Regal closed).  The kids have participated in classroom learning all year, but had to wear masks all day.

We have anti-maskers, no cover nose maskers, face-shield maskers, and bandana maskers around here, but we've been careful to be as safe as possible and also continue to live our lives. 

We don't go out of our way to visit people and have cancelled a few family gatherings this year, but all in all, we've stayed safe.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's been business as usual here.  We still haven't been eating in restaurants and such, but we still go out, run errands, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc.  We have even had a few vacations to the beach during the pandemic.  My son and I went to see "The Empire Strikes Back" during it's theater re-release (then Regal closed).  The kids have participated in classroom learning all year, but had to wear masks all day.

We have anti-maskers, no cover nose maskers, face-shield maskers, and bandana maskers around here, but we've been careful to be as safe as possible and also continue to live our lives. 

We don't go out of our way to visit people and have cancelled a few family gatherings this year, but all in all, we've stayed safe.

Like you know, I live in NJ, the Covid capitol of the world, so nothing is normal.  

About the shots...Got one Pfzier.   Minor arm pain for a day.  I hear Moderna is a lot rougher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Like you know, I live in NJ, the Covid capitol of the world, so nothing is normal.  

About the shots...Got one Pfzier.   Minor arm pain for a day.  I hear Moderna is a lot rougher.

I know a few people who had the 2nd dose of Moderna, including my wife. She had a temperature of 101.5 the next day and felt pretty rough. She was ok after a couple days.

5 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I think New Jersey and... "Nothing is Normal" is a given ;)

True. 

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I know a few people who had the 2nd dose of Moderna, including my wife. She had a temperature of 101.5 the next day and felt pretty rough. She was ok after a couple days.

Yes, I've heard this a lot (I speak to a lot of customers).  Low grade fever, very tired for a day...then it goes away quickly.

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Curious how is the car wash business in general?  Pre covid included. My parents were self employed while I was growing up but aside from a small business venture I haven’t really done the same. Tired of the corporate world though. 

Edited by Mathew

I got the Pfizer first dose a couple weeks ago...I was the guy looking like an idiot doing dips on the waiting chair for the 15 min observation period...read an article that exercising the arm after the shot helps.  Anyway, arm was mildly sore towards the end of the day and that was it...but that was just the 1st dose, which is typically mild anyway.

Just glad to see folks here getting the vaccine...

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2