What did you do today?

6 hours ago, marcandre said:

Yea but Pats were a bunch of cheaters. Stamp an asterisk right on his butt chin in Canton. 

From a fellow butt chin member, I know that just comes from jealousy;^)

9 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OT; but would you have any recommendations on snow sleds for a 9 year old?

I know some cheap disks for $20 will crack day 1....and sturdier wood/metal sleds go for $150+...I'm looking for something simple for a day in the mountains.

If you dont need a built in brake, inner tubes are the way to go, way more comfy and big speed.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OT; but would you have any recommendations on snow sleds for a 9 year old?

I know some cheap disks for $20 will crack day 1....and sturdier wood/metal sleds go for $150+...I'm looking for something simple for a day in the mountains.

don't know if you have an LL Bean out there but these have lasted us pretty good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

"Envy and jealousy are incurable diseases"

totally curable: be a bandwagon fan..."Go [looks the score] Chefs!" 

48 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

don't know if you have an LL Bean out there but these have lasted us pretty good.

I saw these but wasn't sure if they would last...LL Bean is a reputable company from my experience.  I might just order me one.

Thanks for the rec!

51 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

From a fellow butt chin member, I know that just comes from jealousy;^)

If you dont need a built in brake, inner tubes are the way to go, way more comfy and big speed.

do I need a special tube for snow?  never tried using tubes for snow but have river tubes already....seems hard to control, but maybe that's the point.

side story....I think for us warm weather folks, sledding has an illusion of safety for some odd reason...so simple common sense goes out the window for some...I pulled off the road up in Tahoe for some snow play and I saw a bunch of unsupervised kids sledding downhill near the freakin FREEWAY.  I was walking by and literally caught a small child going way too fast and stopped him from jumping the snow bank onto the road.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I saw these but wasn't sure if they would last...LL Bean is a reputable company from my experience.  I might just order me one.

Thanks for the rec!

We got ours a couple seasons ago so hopefully they haven't changed this, but the plastic material is much thicker than what you typically see.  Also this round disc shape made it easier for my kids to carry back up the hill than the typical sled shape (my kids are short, lol).  fwiw they have a decent satisfaction policy as well (of course it doesn't hurt that we have a store 10 min from our house).  Good luck!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

We got ours a couple seasons ago so hopefully they haven't changed this, but the plastic material is much thicker than what you typically see.  Also this round disc shape made it easier for my kids to carry back up the hill than the typical sled shape (my kids are short, lol).  fwiw they have a decent satisfaction policy as well (of course it doesn't hurt that we have a store 10 min from our house).  Good luck!

yup just ordered 1...that $49.95 and free shipping of $50 got me...ended up getting a two of the ones w/ the handle thingy that may be for pulling up between legs or for feet (no clue)..

L.L.Bean Sonic Slider Sled, Two-Pack

.I did dig this though (but sold out...maybe next season): 

Sonic Snow Tube

replaceable inner tube and classy design 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yup just ordered 1...that $49.95 and free shipping of $50 got me...ended up getting a two of the ones w/ the handle thingy that may be for pulling up between legs or for feet (no clue)..

L.L.Bean Sonic Slider Sled, Two-Pack

.I did dig this though (but sold out...maybe next season): 

Sonic Snow Tube

replaceable inner tube and classy design 

innertube is by far the best option if available(and saftey isnt #1)  Grandma bought our 7mo this for xmas this year, think he should be set for a while haha.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43557?page=sonic-snow-tube-extra-large

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

innertube is by far the best option if available(and saftey isnt #1)  Grandma bought our 7mo this for xmas this year, think he should be set for a while haha.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43557?page=sonic-snow-tube-extra-large

yup...that one is sold out...will keep an eye out for it since it's noice

Just got back from visiting my friends to pick up the Slave 1s they ordered for me from LEGO Shop at Home.  Honestly, the sets are nice to have but being able to see my friends again after almost a year...that's the real score on this.  Other than SIP, no real reason to have waited so long...but I guess just needed a reason.  Friends since highschool...really nice to hang out again.

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Went to a BMW event yesterday to check out the new M3 and M4. I was hoping the new grill would look better in person, but damn, it's pretty ugly. I don't know how they went from this to that (second pic). Someone in the design team should be fired. I do like the new color though.

compare.JPG

Where is the bumper?  They don't really think those two pseudo-bumpers to the side are really going to keep that nose from being pushed into the radiator, do they?

Or do the new models have cooling issues?

Edited by exracer327

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Went to a BMW event yesterday to check out the new M3 and M4. I was hoping the new grill would look better in person, but damn, it's pretty ugly. I don't know how they went from this to that (second pic). Someone in the design team should be fired. I do like the new color though.

I like it a little better with the Euro style license plate as below, but probably only because it sort of completes that horizontal line there. It's not good and will look worse with US plates.

image.thumb.png.3e15b7412c61a7b14e0f1df11c2963d3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Spent this morning into the afternoon moving our soundbar down into the basement as well as doing some rewiring to it (TV only two HDI inputs and I needed a splitter) so I could starting binge watching The Mandalorian.  My family I recently bought Disney + for a year and the show is so much better with the soundbar.  My son said it sounds like a movie theater.  Success!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Spent this morning into the afternoon moving our soundbar down into the basement as well as doing some rewiring to it (TV only two HDI inputs and I needed a splitter) so I could starting binge watching The Mandalorian.  My family I recently bought Disney + for a year and the show is so much better with the soundbar.  My son said it sounds like a movie theater.  Success!

Which soundbar? I'm in the market for one.