What did you do today?

On 2/28/2021 at 6:53 AM, rpaulson7 said:

I got together with my Dad yesterday for his birthday, and he gave me this from when I was a kid. He specified, "it's not for you to sell, it's to put together with your girls." 

Box, instructions, and all parts. I spent HOURS playing with this set back in '84/'85.20210228_064805.thumb.jpg.1c5e763fb6f5ebbaddd853534b182a7a.jpg20210228_064821.thumb.jpg.2fcc23e008a303c3473a512aa226a8e5.jpg

Such a great set. 

• Like 1

So, I went out and bought some gravel to patch a giant pothole in our driveway. The landlord said they'd reimburse us for it but still took some time to take care of. That was annoying.

While I got the gravel, I figured I'd get a furnace filter as well since spring is starting. Turns out, this house's filter hadn't been changed in years. Now that was aggravating!

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, TANV said:

So, I went out and bought some gravel to patch a giant pothole in our driveway.

would you know if that stuff can be used to build a berm to divert run-off?  I'm on a hill and we get rainwater run-off collecting on our driveway instead of following the curb. I tried calling contractors and apparently they don't come out unless it's a $2K job or more. 

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

would you know if that stuff can be used to build a berm to divert run-off?  I'm on a hill and we get rainwater run-off collecting on our driveway instead of following the curb. I tried calling contractors and apparently they don't come out unless it's a $2K job or more. 

It might? It's just a patio base and some gravel I laid down temporarily until we get a contractor to take a look in the late spring/early summer. I figure if you're building a berm though, a gravel base should work until you get your clay and topsoil on it to round it out. You may opt for a different fill for the berm instead of gravel though, depending on what's available or your existing soil condition.

3 minutes ago, TANV said:

It might? It's just a patio base and some gravel I laid down temporarily until we get a contractor to take a look in the late spring/early summer. I figure if you're building a berm though, a gravel base should work until you get your clay and topsoil on it to round it out. You may opt for a different fill for the berm instead of gravel though, depending on what's available or your existing soil condition.

the roadway and driveway are asphalt...I have zero experience w/ this kind of stuff.

2 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

I almost completed my arcade corner in the garage. I told my wife it was for the kids but we all know the truth. I am waiting for a flourescent arcade/bowling alley carpet to arrive then add some black lights and wall art.

Ain't that true for many of the big kids out there....

On 3/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Not quite the same as your issue, but we had a downspout that was flooding our side yard/berm. So we routed the water by building a dry creek bed…pretty easy DIY, and not expensive at all. Dug a small trench, lined it with landscape fabric, laid down some gravel, then some larger rocks. Then we lined the edges with some larger stones…which made it look nicer, and also keeps us from running over the area accidentally with the lawnmower. 

IMG_6851.JPG

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

Not quite the same as your issue, but we had a downspout that was flooding our side yard/berm. So we routed the water by building a dry creek bed…pretty easy DIY, and not expensive at all. Dug a small trench, lined it with landscape fabric, laid down some gravel, then some larger rocks. Then we lined the edges with some larger stones…which made it look nicer, and also keeps us from running over the area accidentally with the lawnmower. 

IMG_6851.JPG

thanks, that looks great.  My application is all on asphalt so a dry creek is not an option. Can you just blow the leaves away for maintenance. We get tons of fall foliage and end up blowing away all the mulch

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks, that looks great.  My application is all on asphalt so a dry creek is not an option. Can you just blow the leaves away for maintenance. We get tons of fall foliage and end up blowing away all the mulch

Same here...we usually just try to rake them all into one pile, then suck them up with our Toro (which sorta turns them back into mulch).

Yeah. This morning I weaved bacon into the form of a taco shell for breakfast reasons. My cardiologist in not amused.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_03/ebay1.thumb.jpg.15753c6bb686bd90da23a6b405aecad6.jpg
If you like bacon weaving (and who doesn't really?) you should look up and try a "Tulsa Torpedo". I cooked one of those in my smoker last summer. It was awesome.

Installed my new TP-Link M9 Plus Mesh WiFi system, and I'm happy to report that we've had a stable internet connection for 48 hours now…I think we're back in business!

Fingers crossed there's not raptor lurking behind me...

tenor.gif

Edited by Lego Lass
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Took the family skiing, probably one of the last if not the last trip of the season. Last season the snow was terrible and this season there was early snow and it was still snowing this week and I guess that made up for it.

With covid19 we have gotten used to packing your own food and eating in the car instead of a restaurant. Better that than not being able to go to the slopes at all I guess. 

15 minutes ago, coelian said:

Took the family skiing, probably one of the last if not the last trip of the season. Last season the snow was terrible and this season there was early snow and it was still snowing this week and I guess that made up for it.

With covid19 we have gotten used to packing your own food and eating in the car instead of a restaurant. Better that than not being able to go to the slopes at all I guess. 

Heading to Copper Mountain this coming Wednesday. Looks like we’ll get some snow right before we get there!

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I went to Kilgore Falls in Harford County, MD this past Tuesday (I know, it is not today, but close enough).  My daughter does not have a beard, and that is a black mask on her chin.  Hey Phil B, raising twins does get “easier” as they get older.  

428320711_KilgoreFalls.thumb.jpg.c3714ad273b5cb488d14ba0572462ab4.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3