What did you do today?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

When you go to pull one cheese slope out of a drawer and the whole stack on decides to come with it.

2C5FA22A-E561-4C17-94FA-232BD7A7FA84.jpeg

I can only imagine your pain.  This hurt me just to see the picture.  I had a small drawer of Minifig Headgear pieces crash a few months ago and it still haunts me after having to re inventory everything just in case I missed something.  This, I can only imagine.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I can only imagine your pain.  This hurt me just to see the picture.  I had a small drawer of Minifig Headgear pieces crash a few months ago and it still haunts me after having to re inventory everything just in case I missed something.  This, I can only imagine.

Minifigure headgear and accessories can be a pain to sort. lol the only positive I can take away from this happening, is that only one fell instead of a whole row. Then I’d have to close up shop to get it sorted out. 

• 3 weeks later...

What did I do this month? HMMM...

• Gave my job notice and left my job Sept. 13th.  Had a farewell luncheon and leaving after six years.
  • Spent 5 days packing up everything in my apartment and getting rid of many things. I am now the King of Boxes.
  • So many sets...oh dear sweet God.
  • Shipped tons of boxes to my parents' house. They're not amused. At all.
  • Shipped tons of boxes to my new apartment. My wife is slightly amused...
  • Still can't feel my finger tips due to all the taping and packing. Anyone been through this before?
  • Multiple trips to FedEx and USPS to ship stuff because it was cheaper than moving 2,000 miles with a truck, multiple stops and sleeping nights, gas requirements, and food. Didn't take any furniture or gave it all away so it made more sense.
  • Got a new job and starting it October 1.
  • Farewell, New England! Hello, Mountains!
  • Like 8

I am getting ready for the Garage sale tomorrow.  first time so "we'll see"
I was thinking of selling some used sets but figure the garage sale crowd won't be interested in 30% off BL used prices... anyone have any tips?
Just an idea... Use "Lego" as advertising. On your Craigslist ad put Lego in the title and put them in your first photo. It's like crack to garage sale patrons. We have a neighborhood garage sale coming up and I'm thinking about selling some partial sets or bulk. Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

16 minutes ago, FM said:

Just an idea... Use "Lego" as advertising. On your Craigslist ad put Lego in the title and put them in your first photo. It's like crack to garage sale patrons. We have a neighborhood garage sale coming up and I'm thinking about selling some partial sets or bulk. Let us know how it goes!

did someone say LEgo Crack?

You think this pic would get some attention?20190920_142158.thumb.jpg.2f8359a995484d2b571d888c52f125d3.jpg

• Like 1

Lord, have mercy on my soul. Lo, have I sullied the sacred dish of cooked macaroni covered in the sweet golden ambrosia ....with barbeque sauce. And doth enjoy it did I. Oh what lowly temptation caved my buds of taste to such a devious desire. Oh how long before thy mind becomes tempted by the thickened extract of the poisoned apple, the tomato. By the divine of all that is cheesy, please forgive me. BEGONE SUCCULENT SUCCUBUS OF STEAK SAUCE!!!!

On 9/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, FM said:

the garage sale went well...the best part was it intiated the cleansing process for our Hoarding disease...we have a recycle & clutter  day coming from our garbage company so everything not sold STAY OUTSIDE THE HOUSE...to offer perspective...we have our living room back again (roughly 20x 30 ft space) after about 8 FREAKING YEARS...more perspective: based on going housing prices that amt of space would run between $500-$1K/month...which would be between $50K-$100K over that period...SLAP MY HEAD!

back on topic: the shelves of LEGOs were the star of the show.  I had my boy pick out and bag separately all the MFs for teh sets that were complete with box.  Most of those sold...not a single person tried to haggle the price on LEGOs either (Hmmm)...they all seem to understand their value....even used.  All the NISB sets sold right away which were prices about 20% off BL. And I've already gotten a coupld emails from folks who missed it and was asking about the LEGOs.

Seeing how popular the LEGO sale was for this area, I may arrange a multihousehold LEGO only selling day...the prices I got, in general were akin to ebay but without the shipping hassle and no fees....and during the ull I got to work around the garage a bit...win-win

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I went to Brickfest San Diego today. I was....not impressed. Just kinda blah. Lion Parade China set - $80 @ SAH for $200. Minifigures way too much. Anyway, at least I’ve been to one.

I've always wanted to go to one of these myself but the ones here in California that I've noticed don't look too impressive.  Looks like we have to go out of state to get to one of those epic ones we see on Youtube.

On another note, since its down in your neck of the woods, have you been to the Brick Vault?  Was thinking about checking that place out.

Went to our very first Monster Jam on Sunday. Surprisingly, we all had a blast. My 7yo son got to high five Tom Meents, driver of Max-D Fire. Right after, he said, "I'm never washing this hand!" It was too cute. My wife somehow fell in love with Bakugan's driver. And even my 12 yo tween daughter had fun too. She was hooting and hollering. All in all, a good day of family fun. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Same. The first set of fosters I bring home wouldn’t ever leave.

It's hard saying goodbye but there are always more in need. I get to have kittens a couple times a year. Seeing excited families adopt a cat I helped makes up for saying goodbye.

A few people have stayed in touch too. One woman adopted two from me now lives in Germany with them & sends pictures once a year. Last year someone who adopted a pair from me seven years ago called out of the blue just to tell me how wonderful they are. That got me choked up. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I made Baklava today despite never having it before it my life... because I had phyllo dough that I had to use...

Does it taste good? Sure does! Does it taste like Baklava? I wouldn't know!

This reminds me of the first time I had a Mai Tai in Hawaii.  We had spare time at the airport waiting for our ride so we decided to get some drinks.  Had never had one and it was terrible, just assumed that was what they tasted like so I avoided them.  Next trip there we are at a luau and Mai Tais are the drink of choice apparently.  I reluctantly take mine and OH MY GOD, it was served from the heavens themselves.  Only then did I realize that the first drink was a piece of **** and this was how they actually tasted. 

So yeah, that is how Baklava will taste to you whether you were right or not, and you know what?  It doesn't matter since it was good.

21 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

We had spare time at the airport waiting for our ride so we decided to get some drinks. 

Lesson being: don't assume anything served at an airport will be good

I am always suspicious of the quality of any location that serves customers that will not likely ever return (definition of tourist trap)...I fear for folks who stay at a resort in Waikiki which has a 1 mi. radius of only tourist trap places

6 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Lesson being: don't assume anything served at an airport will be good

I am always suspicious of the quality of any location that serves customers that will not likely ever return (definition of tourist trap)...I fear for folks who stay at a resort in Waikiki which has a 1 mi. radius of only tourist trap places

thought it's a common sense, no?

• 3 weeks later...

Found some water under my sink last night.  Thought it might be the faucet, as it was giving me trouble a few weeks ago.  Nope, not it.  So I get under there, and have the wife help me out.  Have her turn on the garbage disposal, and there's an explosion of water from it!  Turns out the disposal had a huge crack in it.

I've never installed a garbage disposal before today.  It's been quite an adventure.  In reality, it's very easy to do.  However, I of course had to make it difficult.  I stopped at Costco this afternoon and picked up a nice one at a good price.  Got it home, measured it, and discovered - oh no! - it's way to big.  So I had to run out to Lowe's to find a similar model to the one I already had (it had a good 20 year run).  Then took my time reading the directions multiple times to make sure I wouldn't blow the place up.  Finally installed, and running smoothly.

• Like 2